Welcome to a State of Wonder, the strategy card game of siege and state! Recruit mighty armies to conquer your enemies or build a massive Wonder as a show of power and seize the throne of Scathia.
Battle as one of the throne contenders as you ally yourself with one of the three great factions.
- The Crux Militem; Fighting to uphold the kingdom that once was!
- The Frifolk; Fighting for their freedom in a kingdom that abadoned them!
- The Ritualists; Worshipping the darkness that tears the kingdom apart!
Lead you armies to battle, build powerful fortresses and decieve your enemy in this war for the throne.
- A strategy card game for 2 or more players. Each player brings their own decks to the table.
- Multiple Victory Conditions; Win by waging war and destroying your enemies state or build and protect a powerful wonder! This creates a very interesting race to one of two finish lines where players are competing for different goals. One to build a wonder, the other to conquer their opponent!
- A production system where deceit, prediction and planning all take place at the same time. Cards are played face down with only a gold value to tell the opponent what it is. But be careful, as players might pay more for their cards!
- Take fate into your own hands in this game with only 1 random element - deciding who goes first! After that it is up to your predictions, tactics and skill to decide if you can take the throne of Scathia!
State of Wonder is a game of prediction, deceit and strategy. Finding the way to victory can be a branchy path where a single step can be the difference between victory and defeat.
State of Wonder is won by reaching one of two seperate goals: Destroying your enemies state card, or building and protecting your wonder until you are able to put 4 progression counters on it!
State of Wonder puts you in full control, as the entire 17 card deck is available to you from the start. Either it starts the game already in play or in your hand. There is no draw deck!
Here is a gameplay sample of what a game of State of Wonder might look like! Here we are playing the Iron Legion Expansion Deck vs the Ivory Syndicate Expansion deck.
Every Ruler and Conqueror pledge will give you three expansion decks - One for each of the factions! These decks contains 17 cards and contain all the cards a single player need to play the game!
The Conqueror Pledge will also recieve all Add-On Stretch Goals automatically - Allowing you to customize your decks even further.
These decks are easy to carry with you wherever you go. Get ready to get together for game nights or bring 2 decks in your inner pockets or purse to get some games in while you travel! Get ready to wage war on the fields of Scathia!
Behold the content of each expansion deck!
Add-Ons are additional State of Wonder products that you can add to your pledge by pledging more. If your pledge does not include a shipping fee, a shipping fee of 99 SEK will also have to be added to receive the product. More Add-Ons will become available as stretch goals are unlocked!
I'll be shipping using GamesQuest. Shipping cost will be a flat 99 SEK shipping rate for all Ruler and Conqueror Pledges, no matter where you live. I do this as it is the middle ground of the current shipping rates + a flat buffer to cover both your and my ground.
If you pledge for a total amount of 10 decks/packs or more, add another 50 SEK to your pledge for large number shipping! (This is for the increase in shipping costs after this point) This is further increased by 50 SEK every 10 decks.
Another reason for doing this is to make it as simple as possible to get the game to all of you, both for you and me. You will only be charged once and I will know the exact numbers for everything!
State of Wonder will not be shipped to Syria or North Korea. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Credits and Thanks
I also want to thank all of the amazing players out there. If you have tried out the game, you are awesome and deserve a shout out for helping this girl make her dreams come true!
The Music in the Intro Video is made by Kevin MacLeod. He is making some awesome music and I would highly recommend you to check out his work!
Teller of the Tales Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0 License https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/
Risks and challenges
There is risks in all game development projects and as a First Time Kickstarter Campaigner I want the best experience for you. If there is any hiccups in the way, I will work as hard as I can to resolve them!
If you receive a broken game or there are missing components in your game, send me a picture and I will do my best to replace it.
As I am working alone on everything except art for this project (as you can see, amazing freelance artists have been all over that), if anything were to happen to me such as getting sick or being in an accident, things might get delayed. If such an unfortunate event where to happen, I will do my best to inform you about the delay and what I'm doing to resolve it! I hope that there will be no such issues, but life can happen.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (24 days)