Since 1984 I've been a role playing gamer.
I've played using standards sets of 5, 6, 7, 10 and custom created sets of polyhedral and standard pipped, numbered and pictographed dice.
For more than 30 years I've played using the same type of dice. Dice made by Koplow, The Armory, Chessex, Flying Buffalo, Game Science, and too many small and large named and un-named companies to count.
All these dice are based on the same basic principals and are judged based on these same principals.
- Balance - How centered is the mass of each die around its outer perimeter.
- Symmetry - How accurate and consistent are the angles, edges, and flats that make up the exterior of the die.
- Edge Style - How easily the die rolls after you release it... rounded edges tend to roll more, sharp tend to roll less.
- Mass - How much inertia each die has after you roll. The more mass, the less each of the above properties tends to matter.
Apples to Apples Comparison
One thing we've found helps people understand the fundamental difference between our dice and all others is a direct side by side comparison. Check this out.
Our Perfect Plastic dice have all these qualities and some that no other dice have.
Over the years many tests have been designed, performed and then argued to prove the superiority of each manufactures dice, and some, like Game Science have based their entire business model around these tests.
One thing that always bothered me about how these dice were judged is that an important, maybe THE most IMPORTANT aspect has been completely ignored, overlooked, or simply dismissed:
Overall Size and Weight
Not only is there a difference in how our dice look. Our 100% acrylic dice are MADE of heavier material that is used by our competitors. Its more consistent and provides a nice hard long-lasting die. Have a look at how our dice measure up in weight to these other dice:
The size of each of the dice in a set relative to all the other dice in the set.
Take a look at any of your current sets of dice you own. You'll see the same thing, regardless of manufacturer, age, style, numbering or material.
They are not well proportioned. Some dice are larger than others. Some smaller, and many radically different across the 7-10 piece set. This difference means that not only are the dice vastly different weights, but they all feel very different in your hand right before you roll.
This causes a huge disparity between the force required to roll each die type and therefore causes inconsistency and poor rolling. That last die you rolled that shot across the table or bounced out of your rolling tray, or missed the dice tower opening? That's bad dice proportion in action.
In addition to the rolling disparity there's also the visual and hand-feel issues which come into play when rolling dice that are poorly proportioned. They just don't feel good in your hand when rolling and that discomfort means you won't be rolling as well as you could. Less accurate, less consistent and always worse than if you used properly proportioned dice.
Zucati Perfect Plastic™ Dice
First we created, then we refined, and released our Zucati Elemetal™ metal dice. Dice machined by hand in multiple metals and alloys to be the most refined, best made metal dice ever created. With the success of this line we've created the same dice, in plastic. Transferring all our research and technology from our metal dice to plastic is easier said than done, but with our Zucati Perfect Plastic™ dice we've succeeded.
Our Perfect Plastic™ dice are molded using our metal dice and the resulting dice are the best ever created for role playing and tabletop gaming.
They are the best rolling, best feeling and most proportional dice ever created by any manufacturer.
These dice are exclusive to ZucatiCorp and are available in 10 solid colors with pre-inked numbers.
When rolling our Zucati Perfect Plastic™ dice you'll have more fun, roll better and find that your overall gaming experience is enhanced. These dice are the dice you've been wishing you had but up to now could not buy.
Get the dice the way you want
You can get our dice in one of three finishes.
1. Sprue fresh, right off the tree, no polish, no ink. Shown in the pic below as the top set. Sharpest edges with some minor clean-up and inking required.
2. Single polish but no ink. These dice have been through a minimal polish cycle and have clearly defined edges but are less sharp than the sprue fresh dice. Take them out of their package and roll. The depth of the number indicies is such that you can easily read the numbers due to the shadowing effect. Paint or finish polish if you like.. they will burnish somewhat over time to a light matte finish. These are the dice in the middle of the picture below.
3. Full gloss polish and colored ink. The standard retail version of our dice. Fully polished with more rounded edges and a high-gloss finish. Already inked and ready to play with no further work required. These are the dice at the bottom of the picture below.
Your post-campaign survey will ask which style you want for each set you pledge to support. Pick your finish, Pick your color and you're good to go!
Available in the following solid color combinations:
1. Black - Red Numbers
2. White - Red Numbers
3. Black - White Numbers
4. Red - White Numbers
5. Blue - White Numbers
6. Green - White Numbers
7. Yellow - Black Numbers
8. Orange - Black Numbers
9. Brown - White Numbers
10. White - Black Numbers
What you get
Sets of perfectly proportioned dice with clean clear corners and the perfect balanced combination of 100% acrylic die bodies with beautiful polishing and inked numbers in the combinations noted.
1. Single Dice (Any one of the 7 in the set) (Any offered color) $1
2. Single Sets (7pcs - 1 of each die)
(Any color offered - all dice the same color) $5
3. Retail packaging - (We're working on this now) (Perfect for gifts) Custom box with printing and clear window showing off the dice. $1
4. Retro random set of 6 dice. Just like your first set that came in that original starter kit. Random color D20 - D12 - D10 - D8 - D6 - D4 - $4
5. Retro custom pick set of 6 dice. You pick the colors from the available offered color choices. Re-create your old set. $5
6. Dice Base: Player Core dice cases and rolling surfaces (As seen in the main campaign photo and video can be purchased from us directly via our website: www.zucaticorp.com . Find the Player Core's right here: PLAYER CORE. For the dice tower, tray and rolling surface shown in the video in Walnut, you can pledge for one (FLUME 2 Deluxe) or its little brothers at our currently running campaign here: FLUME 2. If you do pledge for both, and are willing to wait we can ship your dice next spring with the FLUME 2's when the ship out and refund your shipping on this campaign.
All stretch goals will have a NEW DELIVERY DATE SET when they're reached. It WILL NOT BE POSSIBLE to deliver ANY of these offerings this holiday season 2017. As each stretch goal is reached we'll begin planning and scheduling its production and delivery.
The number to hit is $27175.
This nets us $25000 after fees which is what we need to make new molds and create a secondary project.
We've been getting lots of requests for both huge dice 40mm - 60mm - 80mm - 100mm and fudge / FATE dice. Both require new molds (for each size of huge dice) and so both require a large investment up-front and then a minimum run to cover our costs. Given that, it seems obvious to make these dice stretch goals based on what we'd need to make them.
You asked, here you go... this is how these dice get made. Spread the word, get every one you know to back this campaign and you can have exactly what you want.
If pledges reach $27,175 Pick one new dice type to be made.
(Via online poll voting)
- 40mm Full polyhedral set
- 60mm Full polyhedral set
- 80mm Full polyhedral set
- 100mm Full polyhedral set
- Fudge / FATE dice
- D10 Sets
- D6 Sets
- Alternate color combinations in both paint and acrylic
We constantly use and test our products and because of this we are always looking for and implementing improvements.
Here's some of the tests we've done on these new dice.
Yes, this old pip... see how we did.
Risks and challenges
Most important consideration with this campaign and with these dice is that we're 100% ready to go. The machines are ready, our workers are ready and everything is lined up for purchase.
Unlike many of our projects where we' still have a lot of work to go after the campaign, by the time the end comes on this one we're going to be ready to push the button and start making dice.
That means a very short turn-around with lots of time to correct any errors or issues that may arise.
I have a proven track record of delivering my rewards on-time and even ahead of schedule.
I have a proven track record of running multiple Kickstarter projects simultaneously with no slowdowns, delays or complaints.
I source my materials as locally as I can from the highest quality materials, most environmentally conscious suppliers and with the best factory certifications available.
On projects I create in my own shop you can expect the same quality and attention to detail and always know you're getting a true Zucati original.
I plan my projects to succeed and I deliver pledge rewards that earn my brand continued success.
Pledge with confidence.
I'm the real deal, and yea, I am just that good.
- Hal ZucatiLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (15 days)