ZOMBOOBIES! Is a crazy "boobs-to-the-wall" Horror-Comedy movie.
SEE EVIL MUTANT DOCTORS HUNGRY FOR BOOBS BATTLE WELL-DEVELOPED FEMALE CHARACTERS!
ZOMBOOBIES! combines a love for insane Japanese horror films, with a passion for traditional creature fx, modern VFX, satire, action and BOOBIES
We've self produced a full length trailer for the concept and are seeking funds to turn that trailer into a full movie!
PLOT: In an attempt to create "perfect boobs" a team of doctors preform an ancient ritual that goes HORRIBLY WRONG transforming them into EVIL MUTANT CREATURES HUNGRY FOR BOOBS. Can a small group of WELL-DEVELOPED FEMALE CHARACTERS stop their evil hunger and prevent the doctors from summoning BOOBTHULU and bringing about BOOBMAGEDON!!? Contribute to find out!
MAKE-UP FX: Our top-notch Make-Up and Creature FX team is lead by Mike Spatola and MEL - Make-Up and Effects Laboratory.
Mike wrote "the book" on make-up effects (THE MONSTROUS MAKE-UP MANUAL) and is currently writing a second book featuring chapters by celebrity guest make-up artists.
MEL - Make-Up and Effects Labs is an Award winning Make-up and Effect Laboratory well established and respected in the industry. MEL created all of the creature effects seen in the trailer which are standing by and ready to be used in the feature.
DIGITAL FX: The Digital VFX seen in trailer were completed by my studio "pretend for real" and we will be producing the VFX for the feature film as well!
We've created several fully animated music videos in the past (TWIZTID, GIRLS AND CORPSES) and will also be creating a fully animated title sequence and several bridging sequences for the film.
DIRECTOR - Mike L. Taylor- I have over 13 years of experience as a television DP and DIRECTOR that I will focus 1000% towards completing my magnum-opus dream project- ZOMBOOBIES!
PRODUCER/ACTOR/CASTING - Cathy Shim
Cathy's experience in improv comedy (Reno 911, MAD TV, UCB) has been a huge asset in casting ZOMBOOBIES! There are still a few key lead roles left to be cast. We are speaking to some "names" for these roles and are waiting to cast them until we've met our funding goals.
There are also several opportunities in the movie for celebrity stunt casting cameos that we can hopefully announce during this campaign.
WHAT DO WE NEED TO COMPLETE THIS MOVIE:
1) Additional Make-up Fx- Our creature suits need additional parts to perform the elaborate action, stunts and "kill shots" in the script. This includes new sculpts, molds and armatures for many of them.
There is also a new creature we want to add called "DR. HEAD FOR HANDS"... Who has HEADS for HANDS who we will be completing from scratch.
The movie's grand finale features an "Army of Zombies" that the girls must defeat to prevent the evil goddess "BOOBTHULU" from entering our world and bringing about BOOBMAGEDEON! Each mutant zombie creature in this army will be in a fully unique prosthetic make-up.
2) Costumes and Props - Our main girls have specific costumes (samurai roller skater girl, bollywood dancer etc) that we need to create multiple's of so that we can drench the girls in blood and still do reshoots, pick-ups etc. We also need an army of scrubs and lab coats. There are several unique props and costumes that need to be created from scratch for the movie as well including a "Yokai Scroll" and several large elaborate oil paintings depicting the "evolution of human breasts".
3) Locations- There are scenes in the movie that take place in locations we don't have access to with out paying some money. Including a girl's dormitory, a college campus, a lingerie shop and a sushi restaurant.
4) Additional Digital FX- My studio is adept at doing digital fx on a short schedule and tight budget. BUT we're a small shop and this is a BIG project. We'd like to bring in an experienced 3D modeler/animator and an additional fx compositor to our our team. This extra help will allow us to really go crazy and make the climactic "summoning of BOOBTHULU" and "Girls vs Army Of Zombies" and the "Battle of Breasts" into a mind blowing visual feast.
BOOBTHULU graphic and ARMY of ZOMBIES GRAPHIC- green screen btw shots etc.
Speaking of feasts:
4) Food for the crew- I am a firm believer that if you feed the crew good food they will do good work for you. My family does all of the catering for my projects and will provide the labor for free so that we can make sure the cast and crew are still well fed on a small budget.
Our stretch goals are VERY IMPORTANT to making this project achieve it's full potential. And they come with some great rewards!
WHO IS FRANKY FUJI?
Francois Fujimoto (Franky Fuji) was originally announced as the Director of ZOMBOOBIES! In the open and honest spirit of Kickstarter I am here to tell you that he is actually a character I created played by a talented actor named Ewan Chung. I (Mike L. Taylor) am actually the creator and the sole Director of ZOMBOOBIES!
If we reach our 150,000 stretch goal a shadow crew will film a "found footage horror/mockumentary" staring Ewan, about Franky's descent into madness during the filming of ZOMBOOBIES!, this will be shot by a professional BTS videographer and a talented young director to be announced. Every backer receiving a download or a physical copy of ZOMBOOBIES will also receive this movie as a bonus. AND all backers of ZOMBOOBIES! will get to vote to decide if Franky Fuji lives or dies at the end of his movie! Franky's life is in your hands!!!!
Digital downloads! DVDs! Tickets to the Premiere! AND-
OR -You can get a custom poster of you as a Sexy Nurse getting attacked by a Zomboobie AND be in the movie as a Sexy Nurse too!
IS THIS AN "ADULT FILM?: NO- Zomboobies is an R-Rated Horror Comedy. There will be some nudity but it will fall in the realm of other R-Rated Comedies like The Hangover, or Piranha 3D.
IS THE MOVIE IN JAPANESE?: NO. Zomboobies is an American made comedy shot in English that takes place in the world of Japanese Horror.
WHAT ARE YOUR BIGGEST INFLUENCES FOR THE MOVIE?: The "TONE" of the film is influenced by movies like BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA, SHAOLIN SOCCER, EVIL DEAD 2 and DEAD ALIVE. It will be a hyper-stylized, live-action, roller-coaster of scares, laughs and boobs!!!
Risks and challenges
Our biggest challenge will be finding the proper locations for our budget. We would like to shoot at an actual hospital for some of the bigger scenes but our budget may require creating sets on a stage instead. Along these lines I have already been in touch with some stages who would be open to us building our sets there as well as Art Director friends willing to lend a favor to design and build our sets.
Our other biggest challenge is shooting an FX Heavy movie on a small budget and a short schedule. To get the most out of our days I will be fully story boarding and creating animatics for every action sequence in order to assure we maximize our time on set.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (32 days)