Hey, everyone –
We are thrilled to announce that we have completed principal photography for JourneyQuest Season 3!
Fifteen intense shooting days are done and we now move on to editing. A huge thanks to our cast, crew, local vendors, supporters, fans, backers, and everyone who made this possible. The footage is gorgeous, the performances are hilarious and heartbreaking, and we hope that all of you will be proud of what your support made possible!
We have a ton of behind-the-scenes video, more 360° VR, photos, and stories to share with you over the next few months as post continues, so stayed tuned.
We are excited to announce that Scott C. Brown is making his editorial debut as the editor for season 3! For the post-production nerds among us, Scott is cutting on Adobe Premiere CC 2016. The project was shot in RED 5K using a custom OPLF and will be mastered in 4K. (Digital Only and higher subscribers: we'll have screencasting information for you soon so you can watch at home.)
We've been back and forth with BackerKit about shipping logistics and they have strongly recommended that we resolve all shipping prices before sending surveys. Now that production is complete, we'll be hard at work completing that process so the surveys can go out. Surveys will include all information that we need to fulfill Orcish words, custom videos, and add-ons.
We remain on track to complete the project and fulfill our rewards on schedule.
For those of you coining Orcish words, here's a brief update from JourneyQuest creator Matt Vancil:
"Due to the due date for the translated script and the sheer number of words that needed to be translated, I made the decision to coin the missing words myself to insure the script got to the actors on time." - Matt Vancil
All Orcish word rewards will still be fulfilled, will become an official part of the Orcish language, will be included in future editions of the Orcish/English dictionary, and will likely be used in future projects as part of this living and evolving language. Thanks for understanding that with production logistics and timeline, it become infeasible for Matt to coin your words before Season 3 shot. He's looking forward to working with everyone who has words to coin to make your experience awesome!
2016 PRODUCTION/RELEASE SCHEDULE
As JQ3 moves into post we are now assessing the state of current ZOE projects. Here's what's coming up for ZOE while JQ3 editing takes place:
- Attacking the Darkness – Small Kickstarter for DVDs/Blu-ray replication shortly, release at Gen Con 2016. (Doyle, Dobyns, Ode)
- The Gamers: The Series – Finish production on "Magellan" on April 29th, begin production on "Rogar" in May, continue post-production on "The Incident". (GTS ongoing funding is thanks to our Patreon supporters.) Season 1 Kickstarter launches when Season 0 is done. (Early, Shimkus, McGregor, Dobyns, Boustedt, Gonda)
- The Gamers Live: Curse of the Blind Swordsman –Released to VHX, now serializing on our YouTube channel. (Ode, Wolbrecht, Rice, Doyle)
- Strowlers: Pilot – Still in post-production, reviewing the latest edit today. On track to release this fall. (Gonda, Dobyns, Boustedt)
- Strowlers: Ireland – Shoots July 6-15 in Ireland. (Coronado, Lerman, Dobyns)
- The Gamers Live – Coming to Gen Con Indy in August, this year with TWO shows, including the original Gamers Live and a new adventure in outer space! (Ode, Doyle, Rice, Wolbrecht, Ferguson)
- JQ3 Post – (Brown, Doyle, Araucto, Becerra, Heile)
- JQ3 Documentary – (Dobyns)