#15DaysofJQ + Campaign Update
We're midway through the campaign and want to start off with a huge THANK YOU to the over 2200 backers who have joined us to renew JourneyQuest for a third season! You all are incredible. You're the reason we do this: you've had extraordinary faith in us and now our faith in you has really been proven. You're awesome!
Thanks to the ideas that came out of a vibrant discussion in the campaign comments, yesterday we launched #15DaysofJQ on Facebook and Twitter. Basically, each day between now and the end of the campaign we're going to share a favorite episode of JourneyQuest. It's a great way to remember what we love about the show AND to help introduce it to new people.
This is the phase of the campaign where we've really found our core audience and now it's all about outreach. And the great thing about JourneyQuest is that it's easy to engage new people: "Hey, check out this hilarious scene from an awesome show!"
So if you love JourneyQuest (of course you love JourneyQuest, you're here!) we encourage you to join us in spreading #15DaysofJQ across the social web. We even put together a helpful set of links and a schedule.
- --SEASON ONE --
- 4 February – Episode 1 [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter]
- 5 February – Episode 2 [YouTube] [Facebook] [Twitter]
- 6 February – Episode 3 [YouTube]
- 7 February – Episode 4 [YouTube]
- 8 February – Episode 5 [YouTube]
- 10 February – Episode 6 [YouTube]
- 11 February – Episode 7 [YouTube]
- -- SEASON TWO --
- 12 February – Episode 3 [YouTube]
- 13 February – Episode 4 [YouTube]
- 14 February – Episode 5 [YouTube]
- 15 February – Episode 6 [YouTube]
- 16 February – Episode 7 [YouTube]
- 17 February – Episode 8 [YouTube]
- 18 February – Episode 9 [YouTube]
- 19 February – Episode 10 [YouTube]
If you're looking for inspiration, just focus on sharing a detail that you love about that day's episode. Make it personal and intriguing. "I love how Carrow is fighting against his new nature here." "I identify so much with how Wren has to stand up for herself." "The orcish jokes had me rolling on the floor." Short, sweet, and to the point.
STATE OF THE CAMPAIGN
This is where we take a look at what's working, what isn't, and what needs to happen in order for this campaign to succeed.
First... again, a thank you to all of our backers to date and some good news. We've raised just over 40% of our campaign goal already. The VAST MAJORITY of campaigns that make it this far succeed. (And we're actually doing better than Gamers 3 was at this stage.)
Second, the data that could make or break this campaign: fewer than 50% of the fans who signed up at www.renewjourneyquest.com have pledged so far. If they come through, we will have no problem reaching our $420,000 goal. If they do not pledge, yes, we'll be in trouble. So let's explore that second scenario.
JourneyQuest has always been a niche show. When people discover it, they love it, but we don't get a lot of press coverage or notice outside of our fan base. That makes discovery absolutely key for building the audience.
Discovery is also key to creating demand. Very few of us like to hear "Hey, go pledge for this Kickstarter for a show you've never heard of." So getting the show in front of fantasy fans, comedy fans, fandom in general, is really the key to bringing in new fans and backers. So, for those of you who are out there promoting the show (and THANK YOU for that, you're amazing!), we'd like to suggest two approaches toward crafting your message:
1) Messaging New Viewers: Focus on encouraging them to check out your favorite scenes from the show. (Pro Tip: you can link directly to any time you want from an episode when you're sharing from YouTube.) Give them a chance to become fans in their own right. Then, you can move on to...
2) Messaging Existing Viewers: Existing viewers know that the show is fan supported. Now it's all about reminding them that fourteen days remain to renew the show. If they love JourneyQuest, if they want more, it is NOW OR NEVER. The window for renewal closes on February 19th at 9:01 PM Pacific Standard Time. Kickstarter is all or nothing. But if we ALL pitch in, we ALL get to create and experience a third season.
Now, there is also more that we have planned to help boost the campaign:
- Continuing to email the RenewJQ list
- A massive launch on a big game-oriented streaming platform (currently scheduled for mid next week)
- Strategic promotions from various partners and distributors (we want those to hit when the deadline inspires action now, rather than putting it off)
- Additional YouTube and Facebook videos featuring Nara, Glorion, and Roderick
- PLUS awesome ideas that you come up with! Backer feedback has been indispensable for this campaign and we look forward to hearing more of your ideas!
So it comes down to exposure, excitement, and the ticking clock. We're still confident that more fans will join the campaign and we look forward to creating an incredible third season together!