May Update! Pre-sale, Beta and Publisher Announcements!
I know we are a bit late with an update but it has been quite the month – perhaps one of the most interesting since we started the campaign. So, let’s just get into it shall we?
For the last year or so, we’ve been talking with Reverb Triple XP, a veteran team that helps independent development studios with marketing, PR and distribution. Last month we signed a deal with them and we couldn't be more excited! Establishing a relationship with Reverb allows us to focus on finishing, localizing and porting the game to multiple platforms while not having to spend our time on the marketing and PR - things that they have a ton of experience doing (plus they are all really cool gamers). So, if you hear about Reverb and Shadowgate, you know what’s going on.
Today we made the game available for pre-order on the Zojoi site! We are allowing new folks to choose from three different tiers. Here’s some info from these tiers:
- At the lowest per-order tier (Wayfarer: $14.99), we are offering folks a chance to get the game at 25% off for a limited time only.
- At the middle pre-order tier (Adventurer: $19.99), we are offering folks our wallpapers including a new set – the Grim Reaper series. Because you are awesome, we have already uploaded these to everyone backer's Humble account. If you don’t see them, just email us at email@example.com and we'll get it sorted. ^_^
- The highest per-order tier (Hero: $24.99) offers folks everything previously mentioned plus a extra stuff including becoming a beta tester if they wish (we are looking to officially start testing sometime around May 16). So, to be fair, we think it's only right to extend that offer to our Novice (and up) backers as well. Testing will help us find bugs, add features/tweaks and will also get your name in the credits as an official tester. Please go to http://www.zojoi.com/backer-beta-signup/ and sign up! Note, it will require that you have a Steam account.
- Also, the Hero tier contains VanSantho's headbanging metal suite. So, if you were a Novice backer ($30 and up), we added the Metal tune to your Humble account as well. Again, if you don't see it, email us.
- If you would, please post, tweet, email, etc. about the pre-orders! We really want to spread the word about this new re-imagined Shadowgate! You can just send folks to www.shadowgate.com.
This last month has seen a TON of fixes and additions of features and animations. Sarah has posted a video below of two of the features (In-game and Steam-based achievements and room transitions) but here is a more exhaustive list:
- Tutorial is now fully functional
- Full Steam Integration
- 45 Achievements added (in-game and Steam)
- Screen Effects for room transitions, being cursed, teleporting, hitting, earthquake, etc.
- Hint scripting for Master Difficulty level
- All final Thyself displays (all weapons, clothing, death, etc.)
- Final win scenario scripting
- Final Death scripting
- Final Hidden Death scripting
- Added lots of missing sound effects
- Tons of Animation fixes
- End of game animations and effects
- Tweaks to various pop-up text boxes
- Map level selection
We are very excited about wrapping things up and getting our Beta phase underway. The game is coming along nicely and we know you will enjoy the final product.
Thanks again for supporting us!!!
The Zojoi Team