Apologies for missing the April update! Let me get right into it!
For those who pledged, yes, we are still working on the tablet versions of the game. Even though we are using Unity, these versions have been much more difficult than we thought. The good news is that we have played through the games completely on both Android and iOS. But we have found (and continue to find) a decent number of bugs. Let me highlight a few of the key current issues!
- Min Specs: Shadowgate just refuses to run decently on a dual core Android tablet or an iPad 2. Still looking into these but I don't have high hopes. Just too much stuff is being done in the background. Again, still working on it!
- UI: Zooming in and out on the map is causing some wonkiness. Adding a button to glow all objects (as there are no key commands)
- Saving: Some saving issues on the iPad that we're looking at.
- Particles: Too. Many. Dang. Particles. We have knocked it down procedurally but are going through room by room to make sure it runs properly.
- Slice and dice: Changing and cutting things that only worked on the PC (binds, resolutions, etc.)
Thanks so much for sticking with us. We're a small shop but we are dedicated to finishing this right!
Beard: Life Grows On
Thanks again everyone for your patience!!! You can always contact us or send questions to email@example.com ^_^