1. Fitted Belt: I have a friend of a friend who absolutely loves our belts; he recently had life changing event and now wants to lose about 50 pounds. He thinks it's awesome that as he loses weight our belt is pretty much the only part of his wardrobe he can keep.
2. Goes with anything: We know that some days you want a belt that stands out, other days you may want something more subtle that complements everything else you are wearing. Either way, we have you covered.
3. No Holes: We’ve all been there, a healthy meal and we need to adjust our belt a little bit, however the moment you do, if you are wearing a traditional belt you can see that line on your belt of where you use to be. With a CR belt that doesn't happen!
4. We know you'll love it: I was at an Ohio State Buckeyes game and was passing around the belt I was wearing. One guy tried it on and loved it so much he refused to give it back. He bought it on the spot! We know that you will fall in love with your CR belt as soon as you try it on. That love, starts with a click.
How does it work?
CR belts do not have any holes. Instead there is a piece of extremely durable plastic embedded in the back of the leather. The buckle uses this strip to fasten similar to a cable or zip tie. Since all of the pressure is on the plastic instead of the leather you won't see near the wear of a traditional belt.
One of the first customers came to me the other day to talk about his belt. To this day (almost two and a half years later) his belt does not show any signs of wear, and he said he wears it almost every day.
Inspiration: In 2010 my wife and I were hiking around the mountains of her hometown. On the journey down the mountain my belt broke. At that point I needed a new belt, and I needed it fast. We decided to go shopping that night and I saw a belt that was unlike anything I had ever seen. I loved it so much that I bought three.
Showing Off: After getting home I gave two away and kept the third for myself. Much to my wife’s chagrin I spent the next year showing my belt to everyone and anyone I could. We would be standing in line at a food court or getting coffee somewhere and she would turn around and see me, taking off my belt again. Everyone I showed this belt to thought it was awesome and in that year I did not meet a single person that had seen a belt like that before.
First steps: After quite a bit of debate we decided to take a stab at this. We called one of her high school classmates and had him send us over 60 belts. After they got here I started selling them. They sold very quick! We were excited.
Completely Royal is Born: It was at that point we decided that we really did have something on our hands. It was that point that Completely Royal was formed. We did a ton more research and found a manufacturer that was closer to family and friends so we could have a little more control over quality. We ordered 250 belts and our classic collection was born. We started with 15 buckle styles and 8 strap styles.
Growing Completely Royal: Over the next year and a half we were able to find out exactly what the market was looking for. Everyone loved our belts! We had a few requests though, people were asking for more brown straps, and buckles that looked more like a traditional belt.
Completely Royal Elite: After months of R&D we finally settled on a design for our elite buckles. This is the first time we are not just making a minor modification to a die, we are getting a completely custom die made for our buckles. That means that we have a new requirement for manufacturing minimums. This is why we are coming to Kickstarter. With your help we can kick off our elite line just in time for the holiday season.
1. Buckle Styles: Our Elite Collection is starting with 3 buckle colors, silver, gunmetal, and gold. Note: We have three prototypes shown. All elite buckles will be of the Final Prototype style. The first two prototypes are shown for color purposes only.
2. Strap Styles: Since we had so much demand for brown straps over the last year and a half we are going to be launching our elite line with two brown straps. We will also have a fantastic black strap. See our stretch goals to see what else we have coming.
3. Strap Sizing: Every reward with a elite strap includes up to size 44. For sizes 44 - 54 there is a $5 charge. Our straps are marked for size at every inch beyond 20 inches. You can make our straps shorter than 20 inches but you might need to use a tape measure.
1. Buckle Styles: Our Classic Collection currently has 15 buckles, but only three are available in this Kickstarter.
2. Strap Styles: We have our three most popular classic straps available for this Kickstarter.
3. Strap Sizing: Just like our Elite belts. Every reward with a classic strap includes up to size 44. For sizes 44 - 54 there is a $5 charge. Our straps are marked for size at every inch beyond 20 inches. You can make our straps shorter than 20 inches but you might need to use a tape measure.
Below is a image comparing the construction of our two lines of straps. On the left is our classic strap, which uses denim padding to add body. The strap on the right is our elite strap, which is full top grain leather.
As part of this Kickstarter we are also putting up two of our CR shoe horns. We have two steel alloy shoe horns that are wrapped in leather. The alloy gives them strength, while the leather protects your shoe from scratches and makes it even easier to use.
1. CR Black Shoe Horn
2. CR Brown Shoe Horn
Quality is something that we take very serious at CR. In the unlikely event that any of our products fail prematurely, we will be happy to replace it free of charge for the first year. Please note that cutting your own strap too short does not qualify for a replacement.
We took the time to add those little details to make our CR belts stand out. Here are two things we want to highlight.
1. Every strap has size markings painted every inch on the back so you know exactly where to cut if you ever need to adjust your belt.
2. Every buckle we put out is laser etched with the CR name, and crest.
We feel that our timing for this Kickstarter couldn’t be any better. The holiday shopping season is upon us what better time to give yourself or someone you know a piece of Royalty.
Participating in this Kickstarter is a very unique opportunity. Not only do you have the opportunity to enjoy probably the best belt you will ever own, you will become a crucial member of the Completely Royal family.
Our manufacturer said that since the holiday season is upon us we have a 6-week lead-time for manufacturing. That means that we have to be as quick as possible. We have secured a credit source so that as soon we hit our Kickstarter goal we can start production, cutting down the time between the end of our Kickstarter and the time everyone gets their belts. We want to make sure everyone has plenty of time to get everything ready for the holidays.
Why are we here:
We are coming to Kickstarter because we want to go big with this elite line, we are starting to get the attention of retailers and a few catalogs and they want to see the market for not only this type of belt, but also our brand.
Where do we stand:
Completely Royal featured on:
The below retailers will have Completely Royal belts after December 1st, 2013
Risks and challenges
We see timing being the biggest possible issue for us. Since we are so close to the holiday season we are a little at risk if we do not hit our goal until the very end of this 30 day Kickstarter.
We prepared for this by securing a credit line that we can use as soon as we hit our goal, if it is very late that we hit our goal we are also prepared to use a more expensive shipping method to make sure everything gets to everyone on time. Giving our backers what they ask for is our top priority!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)