The first app-controlled aquatic drone that plays augmented reality games and shows autonomous behaviors. Ziphius™ is zillions of fun! Read more
This project was successfully funded on July 24, 2013.
Ziphius is much more than a RC gadget. By having a Raspberry Pi inside and being Arduino compatible, it has enough computer power to make Ziphius perform actions, based on image processing or other any other sensor. We are creating a DIY edition that will make available to you all the electronics that make Ziphius so special as well as the software that controls it. So you can build your own drone for land, sea, or air. The build your own kit includes:
- Camera: HD 1080p camera on a servo motor allowing a tilt of 160º
- Processing: a depopulated Raspberry Pi and ATMEGA microcontroller on its own board
- Memory: 16 Gb MicroSD card in the standard version
- WIFI: 802.11 access point on board with external antenna
- Motors: Differential drive with independent control of two brushless DC motors with reverse
- Flashlight: Strong LED to improve image quality
- Other electronic components, including RGB LED lights, a buzz and two speed controllers.
And it is available from today from $99!
We've started to play with it and made our own Ziphius car. It is racing or what?
Keep sharing our campaign, so we will get more Ziphius' adopters and turn this project into reality.