PIXEL - Full-Color LED Flashlight Kit (Arduino Compatible)
The world's first programmable & customizable full-color 16 LED flashlight kit. An excellent DIY Maker project for learning to program.
Introducing The Zifnu PIXEL, the world's first, and most advanced, programmable & customizable full-color 16 LED flashlight kit.
As the name implies, you can individually control each of the PIXEL's sixteen full-color LEDs (aka "pixels") by modifying the provided example Arduino sketch and uploading your changes to the PIXEL via USB.
- Pre-programmed Arduino Sketch with 13 display modes to get you started
- Learn the concepts of laser-cut case design and Arduino programming
- Customize the case design, or design your own, to personalize your PIXEL
- Program your own display modes to make your PIXEL even more unique
The Zifnu PIXEL is completely open-source, this includes the circuit & PCB design, the software (Arduino Sketch), and the laser-cut case design. All of the files will be available for download once they are finalized after the successful completion of this campaign.
The laser-cut case materials for the campaign rewards are clear Acrylic for the front and rear panels, and Bamboo for the center sections. This combination of the Acrylic and Bamboo give the PIXEL a modern, yet warm feel.
With the downloadable case design files, you can cut your own parts to personalize your PIXEL. In the example images below, you will find a completely clear Acrylic case and one with translucent Blue center sections. Both awesome in their own right. What will you choose?
PIXEL Flashlight Kit Feature Highlights:
- Arduino IDE compatible (sketch upload via USB port, no programmer required)
- Pre-programmed with the Micronucleus bootloader
- Loaded with an example sketch that includes 13 display modes
- ATTINY85-20SU 8-bit microcontroller running at 16MHZ
- Sixteen individually-addressable full-color LEDs (WS2812b)
- Sixteen high-quality PMMA LED lenses to focus the light
- 5VDC boost regulator to ensure consistent LED brightness
- 1500mAh Li-Po battery for long run times
- Li-Po Battery management IC with Blue status LED
- Micro USB port for charging and programming
- Combined Power/Mode switch with Blue indicator LED
- Externally-accessible Reset button (used for programming)
- Customizable laser-cut case design
Laser-Cut Case Dimensions:
- Height: 145mm (5.71")
- Width: 35mm (1.38")
- Depth: 17mm (0.67")
- Height: 130mm (5.12")
- Width: 26mm (1.02")
- Depth: 13mm (0.51")
- HIGH, Cool White
- HIGH, Warm White
- Medium, Warm White
- LOW, Warm White
- RED, All LEDs are Red
- GREEN, All LEDs are Green
- BLUE, All LEDs are Blue
- RED FLASH, All LEDs are Red and flash at ~350ms rate
- BEACON, All LEDs are Cool White for a 50ms burst every 3 seconds
- RED CHASE, All LEDs are Red and in a chase pattern
- YELLOW WIPE 1, All LEDs are Yellow and wipe from one side to the other
- YELLOW WIPE 2, All LEDs are Yellow and wipe from the center point outwards
- RAINBOW, All LEDs cycle through their colors in a chase pattern
Zifnu is focused on the innovation and creation of uniquely-awesome electronic kits and modules. Our goal is to offer amazing kits that inspire, educate, and are just a bit different than you can find anywhere else.
How You Can Help Us
We need your support so that we can begin the production of the amazing Zifnu PIXEL full-color LED flashlight kit.
Manufacturing in small quantities is not cost effective, and in some instances not even possible. We need your help funding a large enough order to be able to bring this kit to market at a reasonable price.
In doing so, you will also be helping lay the groundwork for future kits and modules, some already in the prototyping stages. We have many awesome ideas we would love to share with the world; we need your support to help make that dream a reality.
Our long-term goals include bringing as much manufacturing in-house as possible. Every successful campaign and sale brings us a step closer to realizing that goal...
Risks and challenges
The hard work is done, the Zifnu PIXEL Flashlight Kit is the culmination of many months of prototyping, testing, and refining the electronics, case design, and example Arduino Sketch.
The only real risks and challenges will be related to the production timeline if there are any unforeseen sourcing issues related to the individual components or materials. Items required are available today in sufficient quantities, if that status changes before production begins, slight shipping delays may be encountered.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (59 days)