The Zifnu Rocket Lamp
The amazing Zifnu Rocket Kit assembled as an attractive accent/table lamp using a 12" CCFL light mounted in a protective clear Acrylic tube located at the center of the rocket body.
Lovingly designed as a homage to the iconic Atomic & Space Age stylistic rockets of yesteryear.
Made from laser-cut Bamboo parts that are treated with a protective polyurethane finish that brings out the natural beauty of the wood. Fully assembled and ready to enjoy.
Includes a back-panel-mounted power switch & DC power jack, and a U.S. 12 Volt DC power adapter.
Multiple light color options: (red, green, blue, purple, white)
- Height: ~16.500"
- Width: ~5.125"
- Depth: ~5.125"
The Zifnu Rocket Lamp Build Process
1. Bamboo part sheets are sanded and finished with polyurethane to protect and beautify the wood
2. Rocket and Launchpad model is assembled (glued together with gel-based Cyanoacrylate).
Note: The standard back panel of the launchpad that ships with the standard kit is replaced with a custom laser-cut one that includes the cutouts for the power switch and jack.
3. The Acrylic tube is cut to length and mounted in the body of the rocket.
4. Rocket assembly is mounted to the Launchpad assembly.
5. CCFL light tube is installed into the clear Acrylic tube, centered, and held in place with a spot of hot glue at the top and bottom of the tube (this prevents the CCFL tube from rattling around or moving out of position).
6. Power switch and jack are installed.
7. The CCFL inverter module is installed.
8. Everything is wired/connected.
Note: All connections are soldered and protected by heat shrink tubing.
9. The finished rocket lamp is tested and ran for a couple hours to ensure there are no issues.
Q1: Where is the Rocket Lamp Made?
A1: The individual components of the Rocket Lamp are sourced from multiple countries. The Rocket Lamp is made (wood sanded/finished, model assembled, CCFL & electronics installed, and tested) in Bellevue, WA, USA. In fact, in this case, I will be personally building all 100 of these limited edition Rocket Lamps myself.
Q2: Can I buy this as a kit?
A2: The rocket and launchpad model are available as a kit you can build yourself. The model kit is designed to be universal for the four standard build options (non-illuminated, CCFL, LED, and traditional table lamp). At the present time, there is not a complete CCFL kit that includes all necessary pieces for the CCFL build. To build the CCFL Rocket Lamp as it appears in this Kickstarter you would need the base Rocket & Launchpad model kit, an CCFL tube in a color of your choice, a CCFL inverter, power switch, power jack, a DC adapter, and a section of 3/8" clear Acrylic tube. The kits are available here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/162379663202?
Q3: Will the Rocket Lamp be available to purchase after this Kickstarter campaign comes to an end?
A3: This is a special offering just for the Kickstarter Make 100 promotion. You'll still be able to buy the kit and build it yourself, but there are currently no plans to offer a built Rocket Lamp outside of this special offering.
Risks and challenges
Each and every rocket lamp will be assembled by the designer, so this will take a bit of time. Production will begin at the end of the campaign and the rocket lamps will ship out as they are completed. Not really a risk or challenge, just something to be aware of.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)