Are you a maker, a hobbyist, an artist or a technology enthusiast, who needs premium, compactly designed yet affordable everyday workspace?
Well check out the next generation Zelos Laser Cutter and Engraver.
Hey Maker, my name is Nico, and I am the founder of Zelo-Dynamics, based in Germany. I have had many years under my belt of planning and implementing new technologies in my makerspace. I am here to introduce to you a remarkable new machine: the ZelosLaser Engraver and cutter in the 2. Generation.
This is not a sales pitch; this is a call to join a revolution in the field of machining. The world today is a burning cauldron of technological evolution; and you cannot afford to let it pass you by. You have to dip your hands in the furnace and pull out the next scientific masterpiece.
- From the halls of Germany based Zelos Dynamics, comes the Zelos Laser Cutter and Engraver; the worlds’ first highly stable and completely open source laser cutter and engraver. This extraordinary new machine is a fully functional unit which may be used for engraving and cutting right through several everyday materials such as plastic, wood, leather, paper and much much more. Nimble to operate, the Zelos Laser Cutter and Engraver takes ridiculously less space as compared to similar machines. Being open source gives the option of modular extension and versatility; the documentation is provided online for easy design and implementation which allows for an absurdly low building time of just 3-5 hours!
- all blueprints and files are completely open source and available for free for anyone on HackAday,Thingiverse,Pinshape or instructables.com
- There are thousands of tutorials for open source hardware. you will to hack the ZelosLaser Cutter? No problem!
Improvements since version 1.0
# More stable movement system
- added one more Motor to the Y Axis
- neoprene closed loop GT2 Belt
- ball bearings instead of plastic rollers
# Electronics improvements
- electronic enclosure
- better mechanical limit switches
- Laser Carriage (tension system,fan mount,adjustable laser;move laser height for thicker materials)
Adjusts vertically to allow for different sized materials. Combine this with our special focus tool and optimum laser focus can be easily set.
Simply assemble and use either the three hundred milliwatt laser for engraving and the two watt laser for cutting.
which Materials can ZelosLaser Engraver/Cutter handle?
Furthermore, with all nuts, bolts and washers constructed out of galvanized steel, the Zelos Laser Cutter and Engraver is a byname for sturdiness. It is shipped as a kit to be built at home with all parts being designed and printed to fit precisely together while requiring no drilling to assemble. The latest prototype is available in two different work size areas
Logo Engraving into Plywood.
Logo Engraving into foam
- Work area *Normal* 170mm x 280mm
- Outer dimensions Normal 440mm x 350mm x 220mm
Dimensions BIG MAMA
- Work area *BIG MAMA* 510mm x 640mm
- Outer dimensions*BIG MAMA* 800mm x 800mm x 220m
- available with two various laser (300milliwatt for engrave or 2watt version for cutting)
- Uses UNO R3 Microcontroller and a GRBL Shield V.3
- it fits on anybodys desk.
- all connectors are 3D printed, in high quality PLA plastic.
- sturdy,modular and reliable design
- We use only very high quality materials All bolts, nuts and washers are made of galvanized steel.
- The 20x20 aluminum profiles are prodoced by a German High Precision Manufacturer( ±10 µm - ± 1µm )
Put together the Parts: just simply
With all parts being designed and printed to fit precisely together. it is easy to build and requires no drilling to assemble.
All Kits get delivered pre-assembled!
which means pre-assembled?
- Cable cut to the required length and soldered to Dupond plugs
- soldered cable to Endstops
- Screw electronics to connectors
- pre-assemble idler and carriage system
- pre-assemble laser cartridges sytsem
- custom GRBL firmware flashed on microcontroller
- base plate glued together with cork(Base plate only with NORMAL Version)
- Motor current is set to stepper motor drivers
- all holes of the plastic parts are pre-drilled
Software *Open Source*
- Firmware for the UNO R3 Microcontroller: Modified Grbl 0.9i
- Drawing software: Inkscape 0.91/combined with a Modified Gcode plug-in. (recommended)
- G-Code Sernder: GRBL Controller 3 (recommended)
- Firmware compatible with any program that generates custom Gcode.
Five simple steps to realize your ideas
- 1. Drag and drop your picture file into Inkscape
- 2. resize it
- 3. Adjust Your Settings for the material to be processed (speed / power, etc.) / Use the Modified Gcode Tools plugin
- 4. Import your generated Gcode file into a Gcode sender.
- 5. and Start
Create and Engrave greyscale pictures with fine dithering and the 2Watt Laser.
done on birch plywood with PicSender
Featuring works by John Champlain and Jeff Woodcock (coder/PicSender)
the engraved pictures were not made on a ZelosLaser Cutter and Engraver!
Super Easily assembled with only:
- Allen key (M4 and M3)
- Superglue and a scissor
Basic T-Shirt printing with Zelos-Dynamics logo on chest.
- Size from S to XXL
- Material: 100% cotton
€25.000 = Extra eye protection for bystanders. UNLOCKED
If we hit this Goal, all kits will ship with an Extra eye protection for bystanders as standart.
€35.000 = LCD Display/SD Card Module-upgrade. LOCKED
LCD Display with SD Card Module allows working without PC. If we hit this Goal, all kits will ship with a LCD Display/SD Card reader as standart.
Impact: Our campaign is important because we want to offer our technology to more people across the globe. All blueprints and files are completely open source and available for free for anyone. We have made all of our materials available online, and thousands of tutorials are online as well.
Shipping routes and manufacturers are informed and ready. so come on board and get your own Zeroslaser Version 2.0 today!
Risks and challenges
We are seeking the support of the crowdfund community to help us bring this project to life, and help us build the capital necessary to make our machine available to more people. If we are able to reach our funding goal, we will be able to order a larger quantity of parts for our assembly line, resulting in more affordable prices for our customers.
Other Ways You Can Help:
If you can’t make a donation at this time, please take a moment to share our campaign with your friends and family via social media, email, and word of mouth.
Thank you in advance for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (27 days)