51 529 $
What is Octalysis Prime?
Octalysis Prime is a Gamified Learning Journey where players can learn all about Yu-Kai Chou's latest research in Behavioral Science, Gamification, and Motivational Psychology through an epic adventure.
As part of a vibrant and passionate community, members will learn how to apply these principles to their lives in fitness, entrepreneurship, productivity, relationships, product design, sales, fundraising, and more.
The journey will involve keeping up with Yu-Kai's latest video and text content, collecting power-items on the island, leveling up various Core Drives and unlocking new powers, taking on challenges, and gaining in status within the community.
Who is Yu-Kai Chou?
Yu-kai Chou is an Author and International Keynote Speaker on Gamification. He is the Original Creator of the gamification framework: Octalysis, and the author of Actionable Gamification: Beyond Points, Badges, and Leaderboards. He is the Founder of The Octalysis Group and has been a regular speaker/lecturer on gamification worldwide, including at organizations like Google, Stanford University, LEGO, TEDx, Boston Consulting Group, SxSW, Gamified India, Huawei, the Innovation Center in Denmark, Kingdom of Bahrain, and many more.
Yu-kai was one of the earliest pioneers in Gamification, starting his work in the industry in 2003. In 2015, Yu-kai was rated #1 among the “Gamification Gurus Power 100” by RISE, and was also awarded “Gamification Guru of the Year Award” for both 2014 and 2015 by the World Gamification Congress based in Europe. He has helped a variety of companies, from seed stage startups to Fortune 500 companies such as LEGO, BCG, eBay, Huawei, Fidelity, AIG Japan, Verizon, HP, Ericsson, Cisco, Wells Fargo, and more. His work has been featured in Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, The World Journal, Business Insider, PBS, and many more.
What is the Octalysis Framework?
The Octalysis Framework is Yu-kai Chou's Framework on Gamification and Behavioral Design. The Framework breaks down all motivation into the 8 Core Drives that drive our behavior.
Core Drive 1: Epic Meaning & Calling
Core Drive 2: Development & Accomplishment
Core Drive 3: Empowerment of Creativity & Feedback
Core Drive 4: Ownership & Possession
Core Drive 5: Social Influence & Relatedness
Core Drive 6: Scarcity & Impatience
Core Drive 7: Unpredictability & Curiosity
Core Drive 8: Loss & Avoidance
The 8 Core Drives are also divided into White Hat Core Drives (makes people feel powerful and in control but no sense of urgency), Black Hat Core Drives (makes people feel urgent, obsessed, even addicted, but may leave a bad feeling afterwards), Extrinsic Motivation Core Drives (actions done for a reward, goal, or gain, but we don't necessarily enjoy the activity itself), and Intrinsic Motivation Core Drives (activities that we enjoy so much we would even pay to experience it).
The Octalysis Framework helps us understand how the brain works and how to use that knowledge to improve our lives and make our organizations more successful.
What's included in Octalysis Prime?
The Octalysis Prime is designed to help our lives by applying Behavioral Science and Gameful Design into the 8 Life Fields.
The 8 Life Fields Are:
1) Happiness (Mastering positive psychology and gameful living)
2) Productivity (No more procrastination! Getting things done is addictive!)
3) Education (How to learn better and even teach better given how our brains work)
4) Career (How to find your dream career? How to negotiate a higher salary? Even start a business?)
5) Relationships (How do I use Octalysis to improve my marriage in a sincere way? How to become a better parent? How can I be a better networker or maneuver through office politics? How about just date more successfully?
6) Finance (How to manage money and investing better by understanding why we make bad decisions? How to improve my spending/saving habits, and how to move from a daily ritual of expenses into a daily ritual of investments?)
7) Fitness (How to become healthier and exercise more? How to avoid short-term burnout of exercise programs? How to eat healthily, or actually eat the food you already know are healthy?)
8) Spirituality (How do I improve my commitment towards my faith? How do I find calm, peace, and mindfulness to maneuver through the tough events in life? This, like any other Life Field, is optional based on who needs it)
The Content we will investigate include:
1) Motivational Psychology (Self Determination Theory by Ryan and Deci, Flow Theory by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi)
2) Persuasive Technology (BJ Fogg Behavioral Model, Hook Model by Nir Eyal)
3) Gameful Design (Richard Bartle's 4 Player Types. Work from Jane McGonigal, The Art of Game Design by Jesse Schell, A Theory of Fun by Raph Koster)
4) Behavioral Economics (Daniel Kahneman's Thinking Fast & Slow. Nudge by Richard Thaler. Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely)
5) Applied Psychology (Influence by Robert Cialdini, Pitch Anything by Oren Klaff)
6) Entrepreneurship/Business (E-Myth by Michael Gerber. Good to Great. Steve Jobs)
7) Technology Platforms (Gamification/Engagement platforms. Funifier, Captain Up, Bunch Ball, Badgeville, Class Dojo)
8) Game Design Techniques (List of 90+ Game Design Techniques that could be applied to increase motivation)
9) Octalysis Framework: (Yu-kai Chou's original creation to understand and motivate human behavior)
What's the Experience Like?
The content above is shared in these lists of features and mediums:
1) Weekly Video Content will be populated throughout the experience and added regularly
2) Chapter-by-Chapter Book Summaries of books that are related to motivation, behavior, and fun
3) Live Office Hours every week to answer member questions
4) Community Zone where users help each other out in their real lives
5) High Level Member Mastermind where members give insights to each other and hold each other accountable.
6) Octalysis Growth Chart: a way to see how the user is progressing through the Learning Journey
7) Daily Currency Collection (to redeem for scarce resources such as Yu-kai's personal time)
8) Unlocked Powers based on Core Drive Growth
9) Challenges to apply content learned in a meaningful journey
10) Ability to Crowdsource your own challenges to the community
11) Local community gatherings
12) Collectable items on the island to enable various features
13) Access to new creative design tools such as the Octalysis Brain
14) Hundreds of Case Studies relating to behavioral design and Gamification
Octalysis Prime is the first experience of its kind that actually allows the student to grow in different ways (in the 8 Core Drives) based on what content they are learning and unlocking new powers. Students can then decide if they want to double down and become a specialist in White Hat Core Drive designs or round up their knowledge of all 8.
For instance, if users level up in Core Drive 1: Epic Meaning & Calling, they could vote on which non-profit The Octalysis Group does pro bono work for. Being high level in Core Drive 3: Empowerment of Creativity & Feedback means they can unlock new design tools. With Core Drive 5: Social Influence & Relatedness, they get to moderate the community and mentor other members.
Even though the goal is set at $15,000, our main goal is to build a great community at the beginning. We are confident that the journey itself will be so good that later on it will spread on its own (after all, that's what we have done for hundreds of companies). But we want to reward the early movers who believe in it with the opportunity to get a great deal and be there right at the beginning. That way the later joiners who pay the full price will also benefit from the vibrant community of early passionate members.
Yu-kai Chou is fully invested in making this the best experience and most vibrant ecosystem possible. Once you pledge, you become an integral part in making that a reality.
Why should you Pledge Octalysis Prime?
Everything we do in our lives involves the motivation of ourselves or of others. Every dollar you make is given by someone else. Understanding how the brain works and how to motivate people effectively pays infinite dividends on everything we do.
When you think about investing, you could find instruments that can give you a 20-50% return within a few years, with certain risks involved. However, the only investment that is guaranteed to give you substantial returns for life is Investing in Yourself. Everything that you invested towards yourself will reap benefits as you use them through every facet of life.
We already know this as we invest tens of thousands of dollars and years of our lives into our education. We know it works and is the one of the main deciding factors for success in life. However, with the majority of people having the basic set of education, how can you continue to get an edge over others? Why did we stop investing into ourselves after our diploma?
Octalysis Prime will become the best investment into your life as it is more affordable and engaging/exciting than any community college or paid course, and it's a life long journey of learning what works from the best and most passionate in the field. Seize this opportunity and don't miss out on the pledge.
Risques et défis
There are a hand full of risks that could delay or impede with the delivery of the Awesome Octalysis Prime project:
1) Something could happen to Yu-kai Chou's safety and he no longer is able to create the content necessary to launch Octalysis Prime on time.
2) The gamification platform company based in Brazil called Funifier could suddenly shut down for reasons incomprehensible right now.
3) With funding that went through the roof, Yu-kai Chou suddenly decides to add a ton of other amazing content and features (known as Feature Creep) and he forgets that having 9 pregnant women cannot make a baby in 1 month.En savoir plus sur la notion de responsabilité sur Kickstarter
Période de financement
- (9 jours)