HyGround - 3D Terrain Tiles is a new terrain system for miniature gaming. A snap together design for use with any area movement or grid movement game. Designed with details that create impressive looking but functional three dimensional outdoor terrain scapes.
This 3D terrain is being provided here as PRINTABLE 3D STL FILES. You will need a 3D printer to print these tiles. If you do not have a 3D printer, not to worry, we're providing information for companies who can print these for you. We have more information regarding 3D printing below.
The gaming industry has provided us many incredibly detailed and beautifully sculpted 3D miniatures for our games, Now let's give them a detailed outdoor terrain to campaign in.
We ask for your support in this Kickstarter Campaign to help us get the HyGround Tile system finalized and accessible to everyone who may be interested. Your pledges will help make this a reality. Thank you!
We have you covered whether you use a hex or square grid board for you favorite game, we provide both hex and square options.
We understand you may already own other 3D tile systems. There are some pretty amazing dungeon and city scapes available. We do not expect anyone to replace these with another system. For this reason, we've created connector tiles that bridge HyGround tiles to other systems.
The example below shows HyGround tiles connected to Heroscape* tiles. These connectors allow HyGround tiles to connect both vertically and horizontally.
(Note: There has been some confusion that HyGround tiles are simply Heroscape* tiles reborn. Hyground tiles are designed and function completely different, however, they can be bridged to Heroscape* tiles. Watch our video here about this functionality.)
* Yeti Militia Games is not associated with Heroscape, Hasbro or Wizards of the Coast in any way. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Hyground has created lots of unique pieces to add to your gaming collection such as docks, hanging rocks, spring waterfalls, a fire and more.
Do you like to customize your terrain? Our tiles are fully customizable. If you print your tiles in PLA, they will take paint, glue and more. Print the wood textures in Hatchbox Wood and you can stain the tiles with wood stain. Modify them as you see fit and have fun with it. We look forward to seeing your customization's.
* They snap together and build similar to Legos
* Primary components; stater base tiles, base tiles and crowns.
* Start by placing starter base tiles on the table
* Add regular base tiles to grow your terrain vertically by snapping them onto the starter base tiles.
* Once you have the framework built.....
* Start adding the textured crown tiles
There are additional more lengthy informational videos for you to review on our Youtube channel. You can view them HERE.
There are some cool features available with HyGround Tiles.
3D Inserts: Several of the tiles are designed to receive inserts. For example the lava tiles have a cut-out which allows an insert to be snapped into them. With the texture creating openings in the face of the tile, the insert will show through. Printing the inserts in different color filament creates an affect of red lava beneath the black cracked lava crust. No painting required!
Inverse Crowns: These are detailed tiles that snap to the bottom of overhangs. They can be used to create cool cave ceilings or out-croppings on cliff faces, etc.
Light effects: Adding lighting can create an awesome effect to your board. Utilizing the insert, we've created a way to simply add lighting affects to the tiles. Instructional video is available HERE.
Cliff-side walkways: Have you ever wanted to add a perilous cliff-side rickety walk to any or your game boards? Well, check this out. It comes in a new or dilapidated version. No passing on this path. Note: you may need to address movement rules about climbing onto this walkway from beneath.
It's simple, select the pledge option of your choice in the right column and then add the value of all the sets you want. An example would be; I want the hex base set, the lava set and the forest set. I would select the Hex-Starter Set Pledge button and when the new screen appears would update the pledge to $27 ($5 base set Pledge + $11 Lava Set + $11 Forest Set = $27).
Starter Set Pledge-[Base + at least one Set (Hex or Square)]
Build Your Own Pledge -[Base + at least one set + any crowns you select]
Best of Both Worlds Pledge -[Hex & Square Base + at least one set]
The Works-[Base + ALL Sets (Hex or Square)]
The Whole Shebang-[ALL Bases + ALL Sets (Hex and Square)]
Crown (only) tiles: All single crowns are $1.00 and all double crowns are $1.50.
Once we reach our funding goal, we will open up stretch goals which if met will provide additional downloadable file sets. We have some really cool plans for stretch goals.
There are two types of stretch goals; FREE REWARDS that automatically get added to your pledge and ADD-ON SETS available exclusively to backers who have already selected a pledge containing STL files.
All products from this Kickstarter Campaign will be delivered electronically via file downloads. The files will be delivered in *.zip files. There is no shipping required or shipping costs. We do have two delivery timelines, PLEASE NOTE the delivery dates in each of the rewards.
What is included?
- The 3D Printable *.stl files
- An instruction e-booklet with 3D printing methods and settings we found to work best for each of the different files
- A limited license document, giving you the right to print as many copies of the files as you desire and for those who may not have a 3D printer, an authorization to print document to have any 3D Printing service provider print the tiles for you. Of course you will be responsible for the cost of the prints.
There are multiple avenues to get HyGround tiles. Either have someone else print them for you or obtain a 3D Printer for yourself.
- 3rd Party Printing: There are companies that will print your STL files. We provide a list of printer services that may work for you. Check out our website for a list of 3D Printing Service Providers.
- Buy your own 3D Printer: Good quality 3D printers are now affordable. There are a myriad of manufacturers out there fighting for market share and prices continue to drop. We've tested several printers over the last several months and one of our favorites cost just over $200. Check out our 3D Printer Reviews and Recommendations.
Access our additional sites for more information about HyGround Tiles.
Risks and challenges
We have many of our Hex 3D files completed and ready for distribution but there are some files yet to be fully tested. We are working these tasks now. Our Kickstarter ends the last day of August so our distribution will be in September once we have your pledge surveys back.
Our Square tiles are not as far along. Your funding will help us get these completed and ready for distribution in October.
Thank you for your support!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)