Greedy financiers and corporations have robbed us and played with our money: Now we can play with them–using this deck of cards. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on November 30, 2011.
About this project
#OccupyWallStreet Playing Cards
been robbed by the banks, foreclosed on, and stuffed into a locker full
of debt, but you still can’t pick the perpetrators of the country’s
financial collapse out of a lineup?
That is all about to change thanks to the #OccupyWallStreet Playing Cards. Now, you can identify the bad guys and make the citizen arrests we desperately need.
DECK THE 1%!
This deck of handsome, professional quality, poker-sized playing cards contains images of America’s most hideous Robber Barons, Wall Street financiers and tax-dodging, wage-crushing Corporations. It also features facts and background on how these notable members of the evil 1% have done our nation wrong. It’s a study guide, a novelty game, and a tool for getting to know who we’re up against all in one.
All donations go directly to the cost of printing the cards, delivering them to you, and distributing hundreds of free decks to occupiers WORLDWIDE. When you donate to make this project happen, you get rewarded not only with your #OccupyWallStreet playing cards -- which will be mailed in time for the holiday season -- but with a sense of pride having helped spread the message of the 99% far and wide.
The genesis of the Audacity of Greed deck was the corporate welfare project of the Job Party, started in 2010 to demand a 21st Century nationwide jobs program. The deck was designed by Just Hit Send. The images of all 52 cards are available for download at the Audacity of Greed website (they are also listed below). When we at the Yes Lab saw the cards on the AoG website, we couldn’t believe they weren’t in print, so we asked if the Job Party would be game to team up with the #OccupyWallStreet movement and Occupy the Boardroom to have 10,000 decks printed. They were. Now, we just need one thing: your help to raise the $16,000 it costs to print and distribute them to protesters around the world.
- A of Clubs - Rupert Murdoch
- A of Diamonds - Bank of America
- A of Hearts - Goldman Sachs
- A of Spades - Wal-Mart
- K of Clubs - Charles and David Koch
- K of Diamonds - Citibank
- K of Hearts - Lloyd Blankfein
- K of Spades - John Paulson
- Q of Clubs - Stephen Schwartzman
- Q of Diamonds - Steve Cohen
- Q of Hearts - Ray Irani
- Q of Spades - Angelo Mozilo
- J of Clubs - Pete Peterson
- J of Diamonds - David Rubenstein
- J of Hearts - Kenneth Lewis
- J of Spades - Vikram Pandit
- 10 of Clubs - Morgan Stanley
- 10 of Diamonds - Wells Fargo
- 10 of Hearts - Jamie Dimon
- 10 of Spades - Henry Kravis
- 9 of Clubs - Boeing
- 9 of Diamonds - Bloated Defense
- 9 of Hearts - AIG
- 9 of Spades - General Dynamics
- 8 of Clubs - Stanley O’Neal
- 8 of Diamonds - Merrill Lynch
- 8 of Hearts - Robert Rubin
- 8 of Spades - The Mars Family
- 7 of Clubs - Kerry Killinger
- 7 of Diamonds - Ken Thompson
- 7 of Hearts - Edwin Crawford
- 7 of Spades - Brian Roberts
- 6 of Clubs - David Cordani
- 6 of Diamonds - John Strangfeld
- 6 of Hearts - Pfizer
- 6 of Spades - Mark Bertolini
- 5 of Clubs - D.L. Blankenship
- 5 of Diamonds - Verizon
- 5 of Hearts - Big Oil
- 5 of Spades - Exxon Mobil
- 4 of Clubs - Arianna Huffington
- 4 of Diamonds - General Electric
- 4 of Hearts - Fred Smith
- 4 of Spades - Dow Chemical
- 3 of Clubs - Ballner and Bezos
- 3 of Diamonds - Tom Donohue
- 3 of Hearts - Big Media
- 3 of Spades - Larry Ellison
- 2 of Clubs - Phil Knight
- 2 of Diamons - Irwin Jacobs
- 2 of Hearts - Mark Hurd
- 2 of Spades - Ron Perelman
Original concept and creation by: Job Party
Printers: GM Printing in Queens, NYC small business certified by the Minority Supplier Development Council. They are not a union printer: we tried to find a local union printer but could not for this particular job and turnaround time.
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (28 days)