Hey Shovel, Plague, and Specter Knights alike! Better late than never, huh?
After many additions, revisions, plenty of of knights, and many long nights...we are finally ready to unveil... Shovel Knight: Official Design Works! We wanted to take every measure to make this artbook a celebration of Shovel Knight’s development and we couldn’t be happier with the results! Thanks for staying tuned while we put the finishing touches on this knightly compendium!
We’ve had the pleasure of working with UDON Entertainment who is best-known as a publisher of original and translated art books, graphic novels, and manga! Some of their best-known projects are from video game franchises, including Street Fighter, Okami, Mega Man, Dark Souls, Persona, Bayonetta, Valkyria Chronicles, Sonic the Hedgehog, and many more.
UDON has worked very closely with us to ensure that Shovel Knight: Official Design Works is every bit the definitive Shovel Knight art book that fans deserve. Within its pages you’ll find character art, developer commentary, rough illustrations and concept art, background development images, comprehensive sprite sheets, full-page promotional illustrations, and more – including an exclusive interview with the team! It was a ton of fun to recall our processes and problems with crafting each of the characters and worlds in Shovel Knight, and we can’t wait to share it all with you!
This releases in August, so we’ll be following up with more closer to release!
- If you backed at the $25 Reward Tier or above (PDF coffee table book), you will be receiving a digital version of Shovel Knight: Official Design Works!
- If you backed at the $300 Reward Tier or above (Softcover coffee table book) or at the $500 Reward Tier or above (Hardcover artbook), then prep your doorstep, because a physical version of Shovel Knight: Official Design Works will soon be on its way to you!
LAST CALL FOR PHYSICAL ADDRESS UPDATES
We’re eager to start sending these artbooks over to you! ...but it has been quite some time since you answered the backer survey, right? Please help us make sure we have your latest information on file!
Even if you contacted us to change your address in the past, we strongly recommend you verify your Shovel Knight reward address one last time! Right now!
On JUNE 5TH, we will lock down address changes as we prepare for shipping!
PHYSICAL ARTBOOK BACKERS ($300 REWARD TIER OR ABOVE) UPDATE YOUR SHIPPING ADDRESS WITHIN KICKSTARTER BY JUNE 5TH!
To confirm or update your address:
- Log in to your Kickstarter account.
- Select View pledge on the Shovel Knight project page, or select Shovel Knight from your Backed Projects.
- Select Survey and look for Name and address Review your previous address, and revise if needed!
DIGITAL ARTBOOK BACKERS ($50 REWARD TIER OR ABOVE)
Once released, you’ll be able to access the digital artbook the same way you downloaded Shovel Knight and the Shovel Knight Instruction Manual!
If you created a Humble Bundle account:
- Log into your account on Humble Bundle then navigate to your Library. Once the artbook releases, there will be an entry for the Shovel Knight Artbook.
If you chose not to create a Humble Bundle account:
- The same link you received to download Shovel Knight is still valid! Once the artbook releases, you’ll be able to find it at the same link. If you do not have the original email, you can use the Humble Order Resender to re-send it to your address.
Specter of Torment - Now Slicing Near You!
Specter Knight is creeping his way to a new platform is out almost every week now! We hope you’ve had the chance to try out the Shovel Knight:Specter of Torment campaign- we think it’s our finest work yet!! For more information on the release, including the latest release dates, check out our Specter of Torment Release Info page. Sorry for the wait! We love you!