About this project
Addressing a mums’ needs during pregnancy and breastfeeding has been our number 1 priority. We’ve introduced features to combat the current market frustrations, to ensure you’ll want to keep these products in your rotation long after you’ve finished breastfeeding.
ARIA BRA - Low Impact
TILLY JANE BRA - Medium Impact
FOXY BRA - High Impact
We raced back and forth with these considerations, and realised that it actually. We just had to work really really hard, and not compromise on anything, not style, not accessibility, or quality. We have been given an opportunity to get it right, and that’s exactly what we’ve done.
We are coming into the market with a premium product that offers the finest quality and best in product design, ingenuity and comfort. Our prices reflect the quality and complexity of our garments and as you can see from our designs, we have practically reinvented the wheel.
Product testing process
Concept and Prototype DevelopmentThe following approach was followed to develop the concept and prototypes for our collection:
Risks and challenges
1. Finding the right provider: As we started sourcing production providers we quickly found that many providers were not equipped to take on the complexity of our products. With multiple layers of fabrics and complex mechanisms that are required to help serve the multiple functions, we found that production on these products was going to be a costly exercise when comparing to other maternity sports bras. Because of the degree of difficulty, the production facilities wanted pre construction commitment before assisting.
2. Prototype production: Having produced more than a dozen prototypes per style, we managed to find a production team and facility that were as dedicated to our cause as we were. After many failed attempts, each one brought us closer to creating the perfect bra. Every stitch, every opening, zipper clasps, had to be perfect – We were very lucky to finally find a manufacture who shared our beliefs in the product.
3. Production Lead Times: Every change, enhancement, or modification made to the bra is followed by an additional month to turn around those modifications. Even the slightly detail missed, that can add another month to our schedule. We learnt pretty quickly to triple check our work!
4. Sizing: As we are just about to move into the big development phase of our Three maternity wear range, we are looking at branching into producing pregnancy leggings, compression garments for post-natal women, breastfeeding singlets and luxurious jackets.
It’s during this phase, we have come to realise that due to the complexity of our garments, we are not in a position to be able to cater to everyone’s sizing requirements. These very special and unique bras will eventually be available to all sizes, but at this time, we offer XS-XL. See sizing chart for reference.
5. Aesthetic appeal: Question we keep asking ourselves "Have we made these bras “stylish” enough?" This is something we do believe differs us from our competitors, however we do understand that everyone’s tastes are different. This is why our main focus has been to not only make these bras look good, but in terms of quality and functionally, create a product that is far superior to those of our competitors. We think we have found the perfect blend of fashion and function, but do understand that everyone’s tastes differ.
6. Patent/Trademarks – Our bras are patent pending. We have put over a year into the construction of these garments and have utilised the best possible mechanisms available. With the introduction of these bras the maternity sport-bra market will jump ahead in leaps and bounds. We were advised very early on to patent the technology as there is nothing else available on the market quite like them.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)