Xombiewoof Music Magazine
Xombiewoof Music Magazine
Xombiewoof Magazine is looking to grow and create a New Music Magazine and TV Show
Xombiewoof Magazine is looking to grow and create a New Music Magazine and TV Show Read more
About this project
The Video above is an Interview we did with Rikki Rockett of Poison and Rockett Drum Works at NAMM 2013, More Videos can be found at http://www.youtube.com/user/Xombiewoof
Xombiewoof Magazine started as a personal blog and a labor of love back in 2009, however it quickly became popular and we decided to go big!
The once humble personal blog quickly grew into a Music and Entertainment Magazine that is viewed by over thousands of readers and followers daily. We have interviewed many big artists and celebrities, but look to promote indie bands with the same zeal and help those that want to do right by their fans and the music community.
We want to become a fully published magazine and expand our web site to include other media formats. With the modest goal of 25,000 dollars ( or more ) we look to move our publication into a facility that would be our center of operations, including a recording studio to create videos and audio podcasts. We want to help encourage and build the economy by providing at 10 jobs here in the United States and hire journalists abroad to bring news and information to our readers. Xombiewoof needs to gather resources to get the equipment it needs to self publish it's print magazine, such as printing machines, print supplies and update the online media portal as well as the Studio Equipment needed.
This is not a "Fund My Life" project, Xombiewoof Magazine is looking to create a news and information publication and resource that will cross all physical and technological boarders and create jobs and encourage music and the music scene throughout the United States by offering real and factual information. As a Free Press, our magazine will be able to be found in every coffee house, record store, music instrument location and in public locations that will have us.
We have connected with industry organizations and have researched our position. We found that our take on what a Music Publication should be is something that many have been seeking. Since we do not advertise any goods or services outside of music or music related services, our altruistic ideal of having a central all music resource is of interest to our readers.
Our Facebook Page and Social Media sites allow us to gain new readers daily. With a recording studio we will also create engaging audio material, cometary and interviews. We also will open our studios to new and upcoming artists and performers to record their music at no cost, we see a great hurdle to artists is being able to record that "Make or Break" demo, so we have contacted local producers willing to donate their time, all we need to to supply the studio. When we get the funding we are looking for, we will begin to take our Music News and Entertainment Magazine into a stage of being an artist supportive experience, and with your support, we can move on to do all this and possibly move to the final stage of our vision: start a Non-Profit to keep Music Programs in Schools.
We look to bring real Music and Entertainment News to our readers, support Journalistic creativity and help the economy. Be a part of this cause and help keep music alive in the hearts of millions.
We will be updating this request with a project video and images throughout the campaign.
No project is without it's limitations, today's economy does not allow shot sighted development and costs do not "go away" with fundraising. Xombiewoof Magazine looks to capitalize on these points to insure our success and longevity:
1. by keeping our Music and Entertainment rooted in digital publication and using the latest social media platforms, we can reach more people and engage readers on their terms. This means our Readers will be able to find what they want when they want it, we can update and publish new news daily and at the moment news breaks. in addition, our model is eco-concious, a green publication that uses an estimated 89.7% less paper in its delivery, we have created a phone app and tablet app that connects directly to our web pages and feeds news directly to our readers.
2. Our printed editions are quarterly journals that cover the artists and trendsetting movements of the music industry. a historical record that is "living" and will be interactive with the online editions. Printed in volumes that reflect the ongoing history of our musical lives.
3. Audio Segments available both online and the CD that will be added with every print journal is the sounds and voices or the musicians and visionaries that inspire us and are the collected works of the great musicians of our times.
4. Our fundraiser looks to give us the resources to become fully self sufficient. We will be able to start and maintain our print edition services for the next 3 years (4 issues per year) for 12 editions, other funds will me raised by our present fund raising through sponsored events and advertising, remember we do not fill our pages with advertisements and what ads there are are music related, so our readers are not subjected to continual "buy, buy buy" environments.
5. The final point, which we are most proud of is our desire to give back to our world community. We want to support Music Programs in schools, peruse free public performances in local theaters and promote and connect musicians with charitable organizations to help in their efforts to make this world a better place.
the present time line is the following:
Within the first 6 months-
* We want achieve our goal of raising $ 25,000.00 or more to implement the Printed Quarterly and build / open the Free-space Studio.
* Hire Journalists and Writers that share in our vision for a musical life supporting publication.
* With Free-space Studios, begin helping new artists record their works and support their vision.
* Create the foundation of our Music Archives and Support Music here and abroad as a way to positively impact lives.
Within the Following 6 Months-
* Connect with other established Music Related companies to create a network of Support for artists and community awareness projects.
* Connect Artists and Public Event Organizers to create events such as "Concerts in the Park" to encourage music appreciation at no cost to participants.
*Grow the Xombiewoof Brand into a well known name in Music and Community Service.
* Use the success on Xombiewoof Magazine to support other endeavors, such as our plans for a Music Television show to start in March of 2014 and a Recording Label in the next year.
We are looking to do quite a bit in the next year, these goals are not impossible and can be achieved, we have the dive and vision to do this and we can do it, with your help and support.
Think of other publications that started as a dream, Rolling Stone, Vibe, Cream or Guitar Magazine, all of these started small and grew by the support of a love for Music, We look to be the next publication and News resource to join their ranks.
Our Vision and Goal: to create a truly engaging visual and interactive Online Music and Entertainment experience that opens up new concepts and ideas through the universal language of music using Multimedia, Social Networking and Print Publication.
As you can see from what we have been able to do with our presently limited resources, we have a present subscriber base of loyal readers and followers all over the world. We have readers in the following countries that come to our site regularly-United States and US territories, England, Germany, Russia, Australia, France, Japan, China, Countries in the Middle East and more!
Please help us share the Message in Music to the World, Thank You !
Risks and challenges
At present our risks are few, we are fully licensed and we are a registered publication in the Sate of California.
We have been in service for 4 years and we are growing in popularity and support. We are looking for investment to grow and expand, since we do not have a large advertising revenue base, our ability to cover nationwide events is somewhat limited.
The "Modern" Music Industry Media coverage is "jaded" and seems to not be about music but gossip and "reality" shows that are disconnected and trivial, we want to bring real news and program media into homes and computers with a sense of true value.
Since we have committed support from musicians and musicians, record companies and producers that share our vision for what will be the hope of music media, the Digital Albums and CD's have already been produced and the T-shirts are already printed. so now we need to find people, who want to hear what we have to say and support our cause!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Support this project
- (30 days)