A prototype is a preliminary model of something. Projects that offer physical products need to show backers documentation of a working prototype. This gallery features photos, videos, and other visual documentation that will give backers a sense of what’s been accomplished so far and what’s left to do. Though the development process can vary for each project, these are the stages we typically see:
Proof of Concept
Explorations that test ideas and functionality.
Demonstrates the functionality of the final product, but looks different.
Looks like the final product, but is not functional.
Appearance and function match the final product, but is made with different manufacturing methods.
Appearance, function, and manufacturing methods match the final product.
About this project
WOW Multi-Lens Case for the for iPhone7
The WOW Wearable Optic ~ Photo creativity at your fingertips
WOW significantly improves your mobile photography experience with a new multi-lens-case for the iPhone 7. The WOW Lens Case integrates a 4-optic carousel in a shock resistant case. Our patented WOW carousel is sleekly embedded into our case and fits easily in your pocket. No extra equipment, auxiliary lenses or removing a case to get great photography, it is always with you! We are launching this Kickstarter campaign to support production upgrades of the WOW Lens Case for the iPhone 7. WOW for iPhone’s 6/6s models will also become available.
The "Photosphere" & mobile photography
When mobile photography entered the cyber world it created a worldwide "Photosphere” with unlimited possibilities. WOW's seasoned optics team and parent company, AppBanc, LLC, has 30 years of experience in this business. "We have seen a great deal in the optics world', says Gib Springer, CEO, "everyone is taking mobile pictures and WOW enriches this activity!" The WOW 7 multi-lens suite and companion eZoom software app truly extend the iPhone 7’s camera native optics range and functionality.
WOW's Carousel of Optics
Our patented WOW Lens Case for the iPhone 7 covers the principal of an integrated multi-lens carousel featuring:
1. Macro Lens: High magnifications and extends close up view field performance
2. Wide Angle Lens: Extends the view field by 30-degrees
3. Polarized Neutral Density Lens: Reduces glare, motion blurs, improves color purity and increases contrast
4. The Cameo Optic: A means to enhance and isolate view field subjects with peripheral shadows and dark field also defines subjects with surrounding brilliant spectral vignettes.
WoW’s slim fitting case is in compliance with the Apple iPhone ergonomic theme! When the occasion demands you, have the right lens selection with a mere fingertip gesture to capture the impromptu photo-op!
Capture your photo moment!
Integrated in your WOW 7 case, the WOW Lens offers an on the spot lens selection for the great photo moment. Beyond the reach of the iPhone’s native lens, WOW achieves special subject-capture and offers users instant view-field gratification.
The Four WOW Lenses
For close-up photography, capture the macro world of insects, micro-prints and more! Look into the unseen macro-world of biological flower components and flora features, all accessible using the Macro Lens, and, even further magnifications combining iPhone’s built in zoom. With WOW’s eZoom companion app, you can zoom into microscopic details otherwise unseen without eZoom.
Polarized Neutral Density
Reduce outdoor photography glare, blur and noise with this optic, with the WOW Polarized Neutral Density Lens. Outdoor light scatter can interfere with the subject’s luminescence introducing undesired chromatic distortion and glare with annoying consequences. Where color purity counts, such as close-up photography of flowers or delicate facial features, the Polarized Neutral Density Lens provides remarkable color purity and image integrity.
Capture a solar illuminated underwater scape, such as a Koi pond, that may in sun light otherwise be obscured with glare and surface reflections. Take that shot of a white water fall and experience a smooth polishing effect with this lens, enhancing its natural beauty.
Capturing an alluring photo enhancement is simple using the Cameo Optic from WOW’S carousel arsenal.
With your own creative touch, unique shadowing and colorful vignettes will appear while composing your shot. Additionally, on-demand compliments your camera’s view field with constructive peripheral shadows and rich chromic halo’s with astonishing results.
The Wide Angle lens provides an increase in the camera’s view field for that impossible to fully capture social group opportunity, especially in close confines such as a hallway or small room (see examples).
WOW is Unique
In addition to the four lenses integrated into the phone case, the WOW carousel functional concepts render the WOW for iPhone 7 unique from other optic accessories as they are:
Designed and engineered around the iPhone's microphone and flash
Designed with exchangeable carousels allowing the accommodation of future novel optics coming soon.
• Weight case with lens carousel: 1.2 Oz • Current iPhone Platform Compatibility: iPhone 6,/6s & 7
• Carousel Lenses: Integrated optics wheel with multi-lens array featuring macro, wide angle, polarized neutral density, and an artistic cameo diffraction aperture
• Carousel Description: Integrated optics wheel with multi-lens array featuring macro, wide angle, polarized neutral density, and an artistic cameo diffraction aperture
• Case: Rugged interactive shock resistant with poly-carbonate substrate, chemical & UV resistant polyurethane margins • Provision for Lanyard
eZoom App (in the App store)
eZoom is AppBanc’s solution as a surrogate to replace the awkward geometry and size of an auxiliary telephoto lens for compliance with the Apple’s ergonomic and wearable theme. eZoom offers up to 15x zooms, subject to skill, adequate lighting and phone stability. eZoom enables high magnifications and high pixel content without the annoyance of pixelated images through a pixel morphing process that enables user to select output magnification resolutions and content reduction in resolutions without sacrificing the geometric dimensions of the image. These high magnifications and variable output contents are accomplished with a methodology that applies a process of filtering and mathematical transform algorithms to swiftly recompose the image zone of interest.
eZoom has the following attributes: 1. Allows the user to increase or reduce a photos or photo segment’s output measured in megapixels 2. Allows the user to choose a segment from either the camera’s view field or a photo selected from the iPhone’s camera roll libraries 3. Can achieve up or down image pixel-content 4. For comparison of a zoomed photo, one can select a side-by-side comparison of the original and zoomed image 5. Allows access to the camera roll without exiting the eZoom app to scan/search the camera roll for a photo of interest 6. eZoom has a funky frame library offering the user frame selections in the live shot mode to frame the view field with a creative touch.
eZoom's Select Square Tool
With eZoom’s select square, one may:
1. measure the pixel content of any zone in a photo selected from iPhone’s camera roll
2. measure in pixels, the X and Y coordinate features in the view-field 3. Determine from any zoomed or camera roll photo the content of the photo by manipulating the measuring square and reading the output metrics attached to the square. 4. See the example below of a photo selected from the iPhone’s Camera Roll with the eZoomed magnification equal to the original photos 8-megapixel content.
eZoom square selects image and measures pixel content inside of square
The left photo below has an 8 megapixel content. Using eZoom, the right photo is up-scaled to a full 8-megapixel content.
Timeline: WOW's Lens Case for the iPhone7
1. July 2009: Founded AppBanc (app development) 2. 2012: Streaming Media Patents filed, granted 2016 3. 2012: First WOW Lens Case iPhone 4 4. 2014: WOW Lens Case for the iPhone 5 and 6 5. 2015: WOW Patent granted 6. October 2016: iPhone 7 design 7. January 2017: Prototype design 8. December 2016: Prototype fabrication & tooling released 9. February 2017 Test validation 10. April 2017 Kickstarter 11. August 2017: Scheduled Production Fulfillment
AppBanc, LLC has several patents in our IP portfolio relating to the WOW product, cloud streaming media and design, includes carousel case & mechanism concept.
GEO Semiconductor, has teamed up with Appbanc to provide intellectual property for current and future advanced photography.
WOW's Funding Goals
With your support, we will improve our WOW lenses, our patented carousel to accommodate the larger iPhone 7 aperture, and case tooling.
The WOW Team
Gib Springer, Elton Spzaller, Jeff Warda and Allison Pobrislo
Backers: We are in need of funds to create the WOW Lens Case for the iPhone 7. Upon successful release of the WOW Lens for the iPhone 6/6s, the WOW 7 requires modifications to the carousel to align with the 7's aperture and sensors, glass lenses to replace a plastic doublet and also case tooling. With 30 years of engineering and two WOW products behind us, we are confident to roll out the WOW Lens for the iPhone 7. With several patents to our name, this project has three specific patents. We are excited for production and product release of the WOW 7.