The story behind
My name is Agne and I believe that every human being has a mission in the world, but for a long time struggled to identify my own. Nine months ago I decided to quit my job because I felt it was not exactly what I wanted to do with my life. I knew I had to inspire people in my own, personal way, so I decided to follow my real passion - creating art that makes people happy.
Travelling is my other passion I have that impacted my active preparation for the project that I’m about to reveal. Every time I returned from the country I had enjoyed, I thought “How can I track the most favorite places I’ve been?” The world map on the wall with pins and travel magnets on the fridge sounded like a good solution, but yet I wanted to have something more personal. So I decided to combine two things I love - hand drawn pillows and traveling!
Hand-drawing the whole world map is a struggle, so I decided to begin with one country first. Guess what country that was?... ;) The country I had drawn first was...LITHUANIA! My home country that I missed sooooo much, especially when I was abroad for a longer time!
Later on more countries followed until I finally I decided to put the whole world on the pillow!
But this wasn’t all. I wanted to bring something more interactive into a travellers’ home. Then I thought “What if they can mark their favourite destinations by themselves?” Simple idea, yet very involving. So I asked my friend Giedre to color destinations she had been to see if this process would bring joy. And what do you think? I couldn’t bother her for an hour because she was too busy with her new task! :)
That's how World Map Pillow was born!
We found great local suppliers that were able to digitalise my first World Map Pillow. Now we are able to create more World Map Pillows to spread the joy!
HOW TO CREATE YOUR OWN WORLD MAP PILLOW:
1. In the box you will find World Map Pillow cover, inside pillow and fabric marker. Unpack everything.
2. Take a paper sheet, put it inside the pillow cover (just to be sure that paints from fabric marker will not color the back of the pillow cover).
3. Take a fabric marker, shake before using it and enjoy the process of coloring! (Be careful with a fabric marker - if you leave any dot on places you haven't visit yet - it will stay there so you will need to buy a flight ticket there also).
4. Let your painted pillow dry.
5. When it's dry, iron it or use the heat of a hair dryer to fix the fabric paint.
6. Put the inside pillow into the pillow cover.
7. Dance a happy dance - your unique World Map Pillow is done!
8. Repeat it every time you visit another country.
Details of Word Map Pillow
Dimensions of the World Map Pillow:
Fabric Markers are available in six colors (red, green, blue, black, golden, silver):
Additional Hand-drawn Pillows are available if you choose a reward World Map Pillow + Hand-drawn Pillow:
Testimonials from the Early Users
Risks and challenges
The prototype sample stage of World Map Pillow is completed. You can see the finished product in the pictures. We choose the suppliers that can deliver big amounts of World Map Pillows and ordered the first 20 with them.
The mass production stage should take approximately 4 to 6 weeks once the project is successfully funded. If everything looks good, packaging pillows should be completed within two days (unless you order hand-drawn pillows that will take some time to draw). Delivery state should take another 4 to 6 weeks. Possible delays could happen due to any of the following:
At any case, we will inform you in advance in case of any delay.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)