We are looking to raise money to fund the creation of, hopefully, at least 5 more Fantasy Football style Ogres for the up and coming tabletop miniature game: GORE BALL, which will be a mash-up of Soccer, American Football and Rugby with a big dollop of Quidditch.
How to Pledge:
1. Choose how many Ogres you want. You can choose all different, all the same or a mixture. It is completely up to you.
2. Select the pledge level that equates to your chosen number of Ogres.
For example, if you want three Ogres choose the 'Three Ogre' Pledge. If you want five Ogres choose the 'Five Ogre' Pledge.
2b. What if I want more than six Ogres?: Select the 'Six Ogre...more?' pledge and increase your pledge amount by £6 for each Ogre above the first 6.
For example, if you want 7 Ogres choose the 'Six Ogre...more?' pledge and increase the amount you pledge to £42 (£36 for the pledge + £6 for the 7th Ogre).
3. Adding Add-ons: Add-ons can be added to any pledge level at the price listed on the Add-on image. Just add the amount to the pledge you pay!
For example, Bob wants 1 Ogre and a T-shirt. He chooses the 'One Ogre' Pledge and adds £15 for the T-shirt. Whereas, Bill wants 7 Ogres and a T-Shirt so she chooses the 'Six Ogre...more?' pledge and adds £15 for the T-shirt and £6 for the 7th Ogre.
4. Pledge Manager: We will send you a pledge manager at the end of the Kickstarter so you can specify your choices and specify your delivery address. You will be able to up-pledge at this point.
5. Delivery: Your Parcel will be sent out as soon as the items are manufactured.
The miniatures are created using 3D sculpting techniques. They are then 3D printed and cast in polyurethane resin (near identical to Forgeworld and Warlord resin). Each model will be supplied with a polyurethane 32mm resin base which has a hole to magnetise a GORE BALL ball in place.
The miniatures have been designed for GORE BALL, but quite clearly could be used in many other Fantasy Sport Games. Here is a scale comparison:
1. SPIKER: This characterful fellow is the first of the Ogres that Ben (our sculptor) has created for Gore Ball. Spiker will be a 1-piece model and will be supplied with a 32mm base.
Spiker is a nutter, in more than one sense of the word, after a rather disastrous run-in with a brick wall, the medics replaced parts of Spiker's shattered cranium with a spiked metal plate. The wall (and many subsequent opponents) never stood a chance...PAYBACK!
Khill is quite clearly the Captain of the Gore Ball team. Khill will be a 1-piece model and will be supplied with a 32mm base.
In his downtime Khill enjoys hanging out with the pretty Elves and talking about all sorts of things via the magic portals the Wizards have created him.
3. LECTOR: This masked-man (Ogre!) is the first of the unlocks. We will see the 1-piece model form of this fellow within 36 hrs of him being unlocked.
A stalwart of the team, Lector likes to hide behind a mask for two very good reasons: 1. He thinks it makes him look more scary and 2. He is actually rather handsome (for an Ogre), and has caused the team's Cheerleading team to make a couple of fatal mistakes - a distracted Ogre Cheerleader is a very dangerous thing.
4. SWAMPY: The only 2-part model in the initial unlocks, the Swampy model is an awesome pose. He is now with the painter!
A relatively old (and smelly) Ogre, Swampy knows his Goreball and love nothing more than smashing some Northern heads together. As such, he will always be found near the half-way line looking for a snap kick-off.
5. SLAMMER: Another 1-piece model, Slammer is posed ready to do some serious damage.
Even for an Ogre, Slammer has a massive gut. He is not particularly fast, but by jove, don't get too close to him, unless you fancy becoming a new splat on the pitch!
6. RUNT: This fellow will be printed slightly smaller than the rest of the Ogres, but it will be subtle!
Bit small for an Ogre? Damn right, but that means he is a bit more nippier than his brethren. He also has a pretty good catching hand. There was some suggestion that his dad might have been a rather large human..but such suggestion doesn't go unpunished!
7. THUMPER: Thumper rounds out the team at 6 main Ogres (and character Khill as the 7th). I am hoping we will be able to add a female ogre to the team as well.
Right hook or left hook...why choose? Thumper loves nothing better than walloping the opposing team's star player with one hell of a thump; well actually he does love something better...walloping the whole team!
8. Shelly the Team Manager. Ben has done a great job on this miniature. I love the shell-suit and her hair particularly. I also think that his Ogress template is really nice, she is not a monstrosity or some perverted Ogre in drag pose. Well done Ben.
Shelly is a forthright manager, who loves nothing better than bashing heads with her little friend Steve the Bat! - but, she is a lot more than that, a master tactician and born with a foresight many of her contemporaries can only wish for, Shelly's managerial skills gives her team a massive advantage and her opposition more than the normal type of headache.
9. Betsy the Cheerleader: Another great sculpt from Ben, who has produced a dynamic sculpt which can be cast as a one-piece model. As with Shelly, we see an Ogress which is wonderfully feminine while still being an Ogre.
Betsy has been a fan of Gore Ball since she was a little Oglet. She never fancied playing, but loves to be pitch side. It wasn't long before her shrieks of encouragement got noticed and she became the teams first and best cheerleader ever.
10: Gladys the other Cheerleader: This model is exclusive to Kickstarter and will be 3 part. She is awesome and quite clearly enjoying herself.
Gladys is not the brightest and is easily distracted, especially by a handsome (or pretty) Ogre. Not a great thing if you are responsible for catching your fellow Cheerleaders!
11. Banshee, THE female Ogre Player: We love a bit of equal opportunity, even in the fantasy world of GORE BALL; so even though it costs more to sculpt a female player, rather than repose for another male player - we just had to do it!
She is THE ultimate Player. Original the game was just for the boys, but Banshee showed them the error of their ways! Scream for the Banshee!
12. Strap the Jock: Strap is another one piece model holding his Staff and a small barrel of iron nails he has brewed up to nibble on while he is watching the game.
A massive Ogre that has a talent for Magic and a liking for man-skirts (as he calls them) ... never ask Jock what's under his kilt, he is very likely to show you!
13: Rodney the Ref: A two part model with real character. I'm loving the whistle-blowing face and the massive red card!
Rodders loves his job, but is a bit of a jobsworth, after all where else would an Ogre with his social skills have such a social standing?
14: Juggernaut the Star Player: This fellow will be slightly larger than the rest of the players and is rock hard! A prime specimen of Ogre bruteness!
Juggernaut has been spending a lot of time with the medics and as such is rather 'enhanced' with some special injections from his Orc medicine-man. He wears near on-full body armour to hide his hideous green skin!
Risks and challenges
Word Forge Games has been casting in resin for the last 2 and a half years and has a team of 4 casters (including Jamie the guy behind GORE BALL). We know what we are doing and cast miniatures for our own games as well as for a number of other games manufacturers too.
The manufacture timeline has been calculated and we know we could cast around 7000 Ogres in a month if needed.
The renders and prints will be completed during and within the week after the Kickstarter ends.
The only real issue we foresee, that may be difficult to overcome, is that demand is higher than 7000 miniatures, but we have additional team members waiting in the wings if that occurs.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (14 days)