As a father of 3 young children under 3 years old, including twins, it was the endless unstrapping of the backpack that inspired David Wolffe to create the unique Wolffepack access system. It was first launched on Kickstarter in late 2014 as an all-round backpack for commuters and travellers.
Since then, Wolffepack's unique innovation has been recognised by 7 major international design awards and is now being used by over 20,000 people in 50 countries around the world.
After great feedback from parents, and returning to its original inspiration, we have now created Wolffepack Luna. It is the extraordinary combination of a beautifully designed bag, with all the layout and features needed to carry all the baby gear, PLUS the unique accessibility of the Wolffepack system.
“Never again will you have to juggle a baby and a bag, have it falling off your shoulder or not being able to quite reach whatever you need in it. It’s the perfect handsfree bag solution.
Wolffepack bags are about as exciting as a bag can get.”
No other bag offers you all this:
- quick access without the hassle of unstrapping
- easy one hand only operation, even if the other hand is full!
- convenient front clip so you have both hands free to reach stuff
- complete package of baby bag features, including changing mat and 2 insulated bottle pockets
- integrated buggy clips
- durable, water-resistant and wipeable textiles
- classic design profile and beautiful custom details
- back health advantages of a structured backpack
- 12-pocket organisation
Wolffepack Luna, UltraEasy Baby Changing Backpack & Diaper Bag, is one of the most innovative backpacks for parents ever. It's a breakthrough in making parents lives easier:
Classic, Clean Design
Wolffepack was built with the help of award-winning product designers and serious bag design nerds. We love classic, clean, elegant lines, and the profile of Luna has none of the hanging loops and noisy features of a traditional backpack.
It's a design both for mums and for dads. Wolffepack Luna will go with anything and go anywhere. It comes in two colours, Charcoal and Dove Grey, and is packed with features ideal for looking after the little ones.
Charcoal is matched with soft-touch faux-suede zipper pulls and badge.
Dove Grey features our custom embossed chrome zipper pulls.
Even the shoulder straps have webbing loop tidies, so that there is nothing flapping.
Charcoal combines the our mini-chrome embossed puller with the faux-suede tailored extension.
The Wolffepack handle was designed to be ergonomic and fit snugly in the hand, but it has an aesthetic form of its own.
To clip the bag to your front for easy access with BOTH hands, all you do is slip the gun-metal custom G-hook into one of the webbing loops on the shoulder strap.
All the Features and Layout of a Great Baby Changing Backpack & Diaper Bag
With the experience of many years of childcare, Wolffepack Luna was thoughtfully designed to cover all the angles of family life. It has spaces for everything, with 12 different pockets to keep you organised.
It comes with:
- Padded, wipe-clean changing mat included
- Two insulated side pockets to keep bottles hot or cold
- Side pockets with double zipper-pulls to allow for taller items
- In total 12 different pockets for everything you need
- Water resistant, wipe-clean materials
- Two separate load compartments
- Main compartment (baby stuff) with changing mat or nappy/diaper sleeve, 2 stash nets (eg food pouches) and 2 zipper pockets
- Separate front compartment (adult stuff) with carabiner key hook
- Integrated buggy clips
- 2 vertical front slip zipper pockets
- 1 horizontal front slip zipper pocket
Two insulated side pockets to keep things hot or cold.
Pockets for everything you need.
With 20 litres of capacity and 12 pockets there is space for all the changing gear, spare clothing, food and bottles you are likely to need when you are out, PLUS it has a separate section with key carabiner for all your grown-up stuff.
Luna Works Brilliantly with All your Other Gear
With the baby sling, Luna hangs neatly alongside, perfectly positioned to get in and out of the bag.
Wolffepack has integral clips and loops that attach it to the buggy handle without the need to hang extra hooks.
Designed for Hygiene and Durability
When it's time for a change, you can use the bag clipped to your front, without having to put it down on any other surface, keeping the bag nice, clean, and hygienic.
The tough textile is wipe-clean, allowing easy removal of goo, and keeping the bag looking good on the outside. On the inside, the premium linings are all easily wipeable too.
If you are caught in a shower, your gear will stay dry inside our water-resistant fabrics.
Separate Space for Your Grown-up Things
It also has a separate front section for all the stuff the grown-ups need, with space for your phone, purse, wallet, and a chunky carabiner for the keys that must be found
It will safely and comfortably carry your 13" laptop in its sleeve too.
For Both Mums AND for Dads
Luna is for mums AND for dads. We created a style designed to look good anywhere, on anyone. It doesn't look like a maternity bag, and its heathered fabrics look great without the need for intricate coloured patterns.
For Family Life, Through the Baby Years and Beyond
As a backpack and a bag, Wolffepack Luna will be your 'go to' bag for everyday family life for years to come.
Wolffepack Has Featured in:
Here's What People are Saying About Wolffepack:
"Simply brilliant. A joy to use and brings a smile to your face the moment you put it on." Australia Good Design Award Jury
“Brilliant - brilliant bag - one of the most intelligent and inventive products I have bought. The workmanship is superb. Customer service was first rate." A L, UK, via Amazon
“I've about 15 packs currently and this is an awesome backpack! The best user experience on a backpack I've ever seen - period." Daniel W, London, via email
“The smart design offers quick access while on the move… a winner.” National Geographic Traveller
“Every so often a product comes along which is completely revolutionary. Wolffepack is one of those” The Independent
“A smart new design, a unique system for easier access and confined spaces.” The Telegraph
Full Features List
- Capacity: 20 litres approx
- Bag weight empty: 1kg approx
- Bag dimensions: height 43cms, width 31cms, depth 15cms
- Exterior textiles: high grade water-resistant 500D Kodra nylon melange. Faux-suede zipper pulls and badge.
- Interior Textiles: 150D high grade ripstop polyester linings and meshes.
- Chrome zipper pulls
- Gunmetal G-Hooks for easy clipping to front
- Internal sleeve sized for changing mat or 13" laptop
- 2 insulated side pockets for hot or cold bottles, height 24cm, lined with PEVA (non PVC)
- Changing mat size 60cm x 34cm, padded and wipe-clean.
- Fully adjustable, removable chest strap.
- Main compartment: Spacious main compartment with laptop sleeve and zippered cargo net.
- Extra features: Extra wide top handle and webbing strap tidies.
- Materials: Wolffepack’s system uses leading-edge materials from the high performance worlds of yachting and mountaineering. It includes Kevlar, carbon fibre, and Dyneema, which is 15 x stronger than steel and used by the military for ballistic protection. The Dyneema cords can carry a load of more than 300kg.
- Colour: Charcoal or Dove Grey with detailing.
Leading Technology and Materials
Wolffepack Luna uses our patented technology - the expetoSYSTEM. With a heritage drawn from the worlds of mountaineering, sailing and the military, we have used a combination of materials and invention that has revolutionised backpack design.
The bag is held totally stable on the back by 3 super-strong cords at different points, so that it cannot swing or move until the moment you choose to release it.
Strong and Easy to Use
Can a backpack be securely held by cord? Yes, absolutely! We've designed for strength and stability.
3 cords (not just one) anchored at separate points on the bag keep it totally stable and securely held to your back when raised, without any swinging the cords can pull a load of over 300kg, more than enough for a typical backpack Dyneema cords are tough and it's a material used by the military for ballistic protection. It's a simple and easy operation to use the Wolffepack backpack.
Wolffepack Luna is not a toy and should not be used by children. It contains cords, which when stored properly are fully hidden, and so should not be left lying around or near children, especially when unattended.
The Original Development Process
At the very beginning, Wolffepack first started 15 years ago as just an idea, born out of the experience of having 3 kids under 3 years old, and having watched a postman struggle to get repeated access to the letters in a sack on his back. Personal frustrations with the backpack over the years led to the belief that there had to be a better way to carry stuff, but still get quick and easy access to it.
It moved from being just an idea, to initial sketches:
Eventually, with the help of the Kickstarter community in November 2014, an idea about how to reinvent the backpack came to life and the Wolffepack backpack was born, and now has over 20,000 users in over 50 countries and 7 design awards across 4 continents.
About the Creator
David Wolffe has an Engineering degree from Cambridge University, and is a lifelong backpack user and photography enthusiast, whether travelling, commuting, skiing, or corralling his 3 kids. He quit his job in big corporations to bring Wolffepack to life.
We have already worked closely with our manufacturing partners to build over 20,000 Wolffepacks. We've also created with them a number of prototypes leading to finished Luna samples that we love. Once Kickstarter quantities are clear, we can begin the production process. We expect that the first bags should be ready to ship to your doors during March 2018.
The following timetable is planned:
- October/November 2017: Kickstarter Campaign
- Late November 2017: Confirm order with factory
- Early December 2017: Order materials and components
- January 2017: Production commences
- February 2018: Finished units start journey to warehouse
- March 2018: Final last-leg dispatch to Kickstarter backers
Risks and challenges
We've already run and delivered three successful Kickstarter campaigns so we know about how to deliver a project.
We've built thousands of Wolffepacks so the technology is already working on a volume and large scale basis.
The risks to delivery of the project are limited in nature due to the huge amount of development and planning that has already taken place.
Working prototypes have been in testing for several months and have passed threshold tests.
The design is now ready for production and all specifications have been signed off. Samples of the Wolffepack Luna have been manufactured but in units only. The transition now is into scale production.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (49 days)