Warpgate is a fast-paced 1-4 player board game of hand management and area control. Move your fleets of star-ships on a hex-based modular game board, establish colonies and outposts and engage your enemies in battles for the control of prized commodities. Research new technologies and grow your galactic empire.
- It's quick. You don't need the entire day to move some spaceships around the board. A two player game of Warpgate can be completed in around 40 minutes.
- It's fast paced. All you have to do on your turn is play one card and resolve one action. Next thing you know - it's your turn again!
- It's easy to learn. Everything is as streamlined as possible and the rule-book is thin (for a strategy game ;) You'll probably know all the rules by the end of round 2.
- It's dynamic. No sitting in your own corner of the board. Expect constant fighting, planets captured and re-captured. Combat is quick and simple, yet presents players with interesting options every time.
- It's replayable. There are 10 alien races with unique abilities, 30 technology cards and randomizable player board to make sure that no game is the same.
- No player elimination. Everybody is in it until the end. With secret mission cards every player can try and snatch that last-turn victory!
- No dice. It's a battle of wits ;)
Will Ack'Tar exploit the Muthali tribes to bring their version of "peace" to the galaxy?
Or the "space-rhinos" will set it aflame?
Is the earth in ruins and humans are homeless and desperate?
Or is there a light on the horizon?
The choice is yours!
Player boards are double-sided with each side displaying a different faction. Each faction has its own backstory and special ability. Players may flip their player board to a side of their liking before the game.
Shipping will be charged after the end of the Kickstarter campaign, based on the actual costs incurred to ship. We will collect this via pledge manager after the campaign ends. Following is a list of rough estimates for shipping one copy of the game. Be advised that the shipping charges may change depending on stretch goals reached. Nevertheless, we will do our best to provide the best shipping prices available to us.
- USA $13.00
- CANADA $18.00
- AUSTRALIA, NZ $25.00
- UK $9.00
- FRANCE, AUSTRIA $12.00
- GERMANY $14.00
- POLAND, CHZECH REPUBLIC, BELGIUM, SWEDEN $15.00
- LATVIA, LITHUANIA, ESTONIA, DENMARK, SLOVENIA, HUNGARY SPAIN, BULGARIA, CYPRUS, LUXEMBOURG, NETHERLANDS $16.00
- JAPAN $17.00
- MALTA, FINLAND, ITALY, IRELAND, SLOVAKIA, ROMANIA $18.00
- SWITZERLAND, NORWAY $20.00
- FAR EAST $22.00
- MIDDLE EAST $24.00
- ICELAND $30.00
- REST OF EUROPE $20.00
- REST OF THE WORLD $27.00
For retail pledges inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Risks and challenges
This is our second project and we've learned a huge deal while working on Guards of Atlantis. While we always have the best intentions in mind and put in all our efforts to make sure everything goes as smooth as possible, sometimes unexpected delays do happen.
We don't want to repeat the past mistake of underestimating the production timeline. This time around we've set a very safe delivery date to have the game ready by the time of PAX Unplugged (December 2018).
Provided everything goes as planned, we aim to deliver the game to you earlier.
The game is about 90% ready for production. We plan to send the game to print approximately one month after the campaign ends, which gives us enough time to process your feedback, polish the rulebook and complete the remaining artwork.
As was the case with Guards of Atlantis we will post monthly updates after the end of the campaign and until the game is delivered to keep you informed on the progress.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)