Fuse Status: March
Just a quick status update.
- We have made the order for the hardware and received the initial batch of 25. We're testing them now. Here's a picture I took of the devices the day they arrived:
- We've worked out the provisioning flow and Chris ordered stickers for the devices with all their funny little ID numbers.
- The new device API supports the Fuse device sending events to the system without polling (if you're not an API person, events are good, polling is bad). We have the API connection working and we're busy writing tests to ensure all the events get set up correctly.
- Several of the most important user flows in the app are complete or awaiting design review. Alex and Ben are working hard on the others.
- Danny and Kristen have the T-shirts and laptop stickers designed and ordered.
- All the packaging material for sending the devices out is sitting on the floor of the office.
I said in the February update that I thought we were probably two months behind. That is still an accurate projection. We hope to make up some time, but I can't guarantee it. We'll continue to post updates as we have them.
We continue to pursue partnerships and external funding to grow Fuse. If you, the company you work for, or someone you know would be a good partner, please let us know. Here's the Angel List profile for Fuse.
We've created a mailing list for people who want to be notified when Fuse is available internationally. Please pass the word. If we can generate enough interest early, this will speed up the process.
Remember Fuse is better when more people use it (for one thing, we have more resources to add cool new features) so tell your friends they can pre-order at Joinfuse.com.