Hello everyone and welcome to my first enamel pins kickstarter!
I am Willow, a French artist who likes to draw colorful and cute stuff. I recently discovered Enamel pins, and I loved them so much I’ve decided to make my own. This kickstarter will help me launch my first set of Enamel pins featuring two topics that I love: Cute cats and food.
I'd like to manufacture four different designs: donut cat, cup noodles cat, coffee cat and ramen bowl cat. If this Kickstarter reaches 100%, I might add new designs to be funded :D
Specifications are as follows:
- 3 cm size (a little bit over 1 inch)
- Gold plated hard enamel pins
- Pantone coated colors
- Black plastic clutches
- Signed on the back
To avoid the unnecessary use of plastic and cardboard and reduce environmental impacts, I choose to send the pins without specific packaging, except the one I received from the manufacturer(i.e. wrapped in a small plastic bag).
Early contributors will enjoy a discount by choosing the "Early bird" contributions! :D These two offers are limited, so don't wait too long!
Please note that all prices include shipping fees (to France and worldwide).
The next stretchgoal is at 1400€ to unlock the pink version of the Donut Cat enamel pins. Note that if we unlock this stretchgoal:
- People who pledge for 1, 2 or 3 pins will be able to choose the pink version of the Donut Cat if they wish too;
- People who pledge for the 4 pins will get the pink version of the Donut Cat for free!
The two others stretchgoals are as follow:
- At 1700€, I'll add a new pins design to the set :D
- If the Twitter post promoting this kickstarter reaches 100 re-tweets, I will add a 5*5 cm (2 inches) bonus sticker in every order :D
The biggest chunk of the money will go to pins manufacture and shipping cost. I will also spend around 200€ to buy the Pentone coated color book, whichwill help me choose the right colors for the pins. The rest of the money is going to cover French taxes and Kickstarter fees.
Timeline should be as follows:
- August to September: The Kickstarter project is live!
- End of September: Hopefully the Kickstarter is a success :D I'll receive the funds, and send a survey to each contributor, to know which pins they'd like to receive.
- October: I'll send the enamel pins to the manufacturer. Production time varies between 1 month and 6 weeks.
- Mid-November to December: I should receive the pins and start sending them :) Every contribution will hopefully be in the mail before the end of December.
I am Willow, a French artist who likes to draw colorful and cute stuff. I'm a digital artist who mainly produces illustrations, but I also create comics in my spare time! My first crowdfunding campaign was for a comic I made about astronomy (Le Voyage de Terre - French only). You can find me on several social media:
I've already created a pins design that you can see below:
And that's it! To wrap it up, I'd like to thank Samy, Marion and Piki (who did the title lettering) for their help rereading this Kickstarter, and I'd like to thank all of you in advance for helping me make this project come true!
Risks and challenges
Since I already have a successful crowdfunding experience, I am quite confident in my capacity to carry out this kickstarter campain to its end. I have carefully budgeted all the expenses and I am already in touch with the pins manufacturer, who was recommended by several French artists I know.
There is a small chance that some delay might arise from problems with the quality of the pins. But, as I have already dealt with that kind of issue before, I am confident that I would find a solution (such as a remanufacture). If necessary, I have already identified others manufacturers.
- (30 days)