MP goal reached! More stretch goals and Social goals announced!
You did it! We've reached our online multiplayer stretch goal! As I mentioned many times, one of the important motivations for making this game personally is to be able to stay connected with my family and friends living in other states/countries while playing a game I enjoy and made myself! So, thanks everyone for making this happen! It really means a lot to me! Again, this will be Diablo style online multiplayer/co-op, 4~6 players per world, PvE. The single-player base game release on Steam will still be Q4 2019. Multiplayer will be implemented later in the form of an update after MP specific alpha/beta testing.
Customisation Stretch Goals
As some of you have already known/guessed, our next couple of stretch goals are around customisation. If reached, they will be implemented along with multiplayer/co-op.
Social Goals Announced!
We're very excited to announce social goals for our backers, as we've included some VERY fun rewards for your all! If any of the social goals are reached, the rewards will apply to ALL backers with at least the base game in their rewards (Early Bird - DD of Final Game or above).
You can let more people know about Wild Mage and help us reach more financial stretch goals by sharing this Facebook post. The goals below are for the total number of shares. Currently it already has 61 shares, so we're just 39 shares away from every backer getting a Will-O-Wisp pet! Don't forget to LIKE our official Wild Mage Facebook page as well!
- Though rewards apply to all backers, reward items associated with social goals are NOT backers exclusive. They will be obtainable in the retail version of the final game through adventures. But backers will get them up front.
- Pets can follow you anywhere you go but don't participate in combat. They don't take damage or do anything other than their respective perks.
- Explorer goggles has a limited range, and will NOT be available for the upcoming Treasure Island Challenge!
- Bubble spell offers convenient mobility through hazardous environment, but consumes mana while active, and will burst the moment damage occurs.
- Miner suit temporarily protects players from taking explosion damage (from enemies or their own powerful spells), but deactivates mana regeneration.
- Airship Race will be another backers challenge event to be held approximately 3 months after the Treasure Island Challenge! It will be a timed race from one designated island to another, with some obstructions and hostile airships in between! There will be a few more islands to explore as well in addition to the race itself. It would be a fun way to keep backers posted with our development progress after the Kickstarter campaign!