Wild Mage | Phantom Twilight
A multiplayer, open-world action RPG made for small team based adventures, featuring airships, floating islands, and next-gen combat.
***We want to thank all our backers! Unfortionitly we did not make our goal, but we learned a lot! We will be polishing up our campaign and relaunching in 30 days 3/9/2018 you can join our relaunch event if you are still interested in this project!
Take a look at the Kickstarter Exclusive Founders Airship Here:
The founders Airship is a floating town, able to store and spawn every other Airship on its launch dock (as you collect them). Dual Etherion Shadow Drives allow easy transport to either of the two moons. Holds up to 20 NPCs for crafting, merchants, brokers, 20 mounts. ONLY available through Kickstarter.
A Break Down of Funds:
- Asking $50,000
- -8% Kickstarter
- -11% Taxes
- Let's just call it 40k to keep it simple.
- 2 years in development (2019) = 20k per year as "wages"
- Luna Orion is a Registered Business with the state of California.
Key features include:
- Voxel-based, dynamically destructible floating islands (think Minecraft)
- Dynamic slicing of skeletal mesh (think FruitNinja but with any monster)
- Airships for transportation, combat, housing, and crafting
- Staples like dynamic fire propagation and destructible mesh
- Switch between first and third person, enjoy multiple playing styles
- There are no "levels" Spells and abilities are gained by taking them from monsters. Each monster in the game will have at least one skill for you to learn. Spells and abilities can also be obtained through lore via "treasure hunting". More experienced Wild Mages can learn the skills of other classes.
**This game is made with the Unreal 4, we plan to release to the following platforms, PC, Linux, Xbox One, Playstation4, and Nintendo Switch. Cross-platform is a goal but one achieved after release.**
Etherion is made up of thousands of islands floating above a dense Miasma, which rises at night and burns off during the day. The only safe areas are located at the top of the islands. The Miasma spawns terrible creatures and is a constant menace to the people of Etherion. Recently the magic keeping the islands afloat has begun to wear off...
- 10,000 years ago a Revenant took his revenge upon the world, using himself to power a gate to the deepest depths of oblivion. From the gate poured a foul mist known as Miasma, and from it came terrible creatures that devoured the land. The only hope at the time was to raise Islands into the air using magic crystals known as float-stones to escape the grasp of the all-encompassing Miasma. Dungeons laced with powerful traps were created around the crystals to protect them from the Miasma's spawn. Years passed and the people prospered above the clouds, but now the crystals are running low on power and the islands are slowly sinking back into the mist.
- As a Wild Mage, you act as the right hand of the Tower of Heaven, extracting adventures, escorting ships, delivering goods, reclaiming lost islands.
- Islands are kept in the air via Float-Stones.
- Float-Stones need magic to keep working and can hold a certain amount of magic like a battery. Once the stored magic is depleted they must be re-energized.
- If a Stone is removed, destroyed, or loses power the island will lose altitude.
- Float-Stones are usually protected by elaborate trap-filled dungeons, built to keep the monsters spawned by the Miasma at bay.
- It is possible to raise and lower islands using Float-Stones, and keeping main cites afloat sometimes requires taking stones from other islands. If the stones are removed or depleted the island will fall to the ground below the Miasma.
- Islands are completely built of voxels (think Minecraft) and can be tunneled or destroyed, by monsters or magic.
Monsters can be dynamically sliced with weapons and spells (no two cuts are the same).
Fire propagates through anything flammable.
Just about everything features dynamic destruction.
MISSION ARE SINGLE OR GROUP BASED DUNGEONS | GROUP FINDER OR JOIN WITH YOUR FRIENDS - THERE WILL BE NO MINIMUMS TO LAUNCH THE GROUP IF YOU ONLY HAVE 2 PEOPLE YOU CAN GO WITH 2 PEOPLE. TYPES OF MISSION ARE AS FOLLOW I'll ELABORATE AS WE GET FURTHER ALONG
Treasure Hunting | Harvesting | Mining
Treasure Hunting is all about exploring caves and ruins to find old lore, items, and gold! Offering mild to no combat, puzzles and environmental challenges!
- Locked in vaults, forgotten chambers or ruins, treasure awaits those who seek it. Most of the old world was lost when the isles were flung into the heavens. Traps, lore, and puzzles guard ancient secrets buried deep in the forgotten isles of Etherion.
- Underground caverns hold Minerals for crafting and Float-Stones for Enchanting
The main means of transportation on Etherion, these vehicles play a vital roll in all aspects of life on the Isles.
- Your airship stores all your raw materials. It also has rooms for crafting all your items from potions to armor, do it all in the comfort of your airship.
- Sometimes your ship can't get to those hard to reach areas, best to bring a mount. Mounts have their own area on board, larger ships can hold larger amounts.
- Ships double as homes. Make changes, travel with friends, decorate as you see fit.
- Airships have a variety of firepower that can be modified and upgraded as needed. Most come with a simple cannon for basic defense and utility.
- Airships are a must in traveling through the Isles but are not the only means of transportation. All Airships can carry a set amount of people dependent on their size.
Wield true power, because you're going to need it.
One does not gain levels, only power.
Acquire new spells and abilities from:
- Monsters | Miasma spawn. Wield strange powers. Take them for yourself, use them to your own ends.
- Lore books | Secrets of old. Keepers of untold power. (treasure hunting)
- Relics | Trinkets of days past. Hold the power of times forgotten.
- GODS | Power is given to those worthy enough to wield it.
- The denser the Miasma, the more powerful the monster it can produce.
- Miasma is fog like. It can only pass through opening and tunnels. Should these be blocked off, it has no way to reach you.
- Miasma levels rise at night and fall with the sun. Be wary, areas you think safe in the day may not prove so at night.
The Isles are home to a variety of races, each with their own abilities.
Though all Wild Mages are technically wizards, they purpose their magic in a variety of ways.
- Warrior | Battle focused, using magic to equip powerful weapons and armor known as Re-Quiping.
- Mage | Magic focused, having absolute command over the elements themselves.
- Cleric | Healing, barriers, and support. A must-have on any mission.
- Thief | Traps, locks, puzzles, shadows.
Risks and challenges
We all know game development comes with inherent uncertainties, delays and unexpected costs being the two most common risks. However, we have done a lot of work up front so that such risks are minimal. We will do everything within our power to make sure if such risks arise, they are promptly communicated and mitigated.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)