Hammocks are the best. We’ve never met one we didn’t enjoy relaxing in but they’re NOT perfect - here’s why:
- Good spots are hard to find - Trees too far apart or too small
- Antisocial - Fits two people at most
- Not Adaptable - Strung up or useless
So we set out to re-imagine the hammock. Six months later and we’re proud to introduce to you the M.C. Hammie. It's a hammock, shelter, blanket all-in-one.
It’s the solution to a problem we call “All The Things”. We grew tired of bringing a small mountain of stuff with us on daily adventures, so we decided to do something about it.
Unlike other hammocks, it's designed to be shared with friends. It'll keep all your besties off the dusty, wet ground one day...
then, out of the sun and drizzle the next...
and is always ready for hammock time...
perfect for just about anything...
The special sauce lies in the integrated straps and carabiners. With a shake it’s a blanket....
with a pull it’s a hammock....
and with a pop it’s a shelter....
Materials and Hardware:
The M.C. Hammie is made with the same high performance materials commonly found in premium tents and select hammocks. The primary material is a DWR Diamond Ripstop Nylon that is durable and water repellent.
Diamond Patterned Ripstop Nylon is durable, super soft, and packs down small. Equally useful at the beach or your backyard.
We've used eight premium aluminum carabiners thoughout the design for their light, durable, and smooth clipping.
Built to last, we've put triple and double stitching where it maters most.
Most hammocks overlook the versatility gained from simple nylon loops. They have a big impact on multi-use-ability so we designed them in.
The included Get Down aluminum ground stakes keep the M.C. Hammie in blanket mode, while the included cord can be used to fashion yourself a shade or rain shelter.
M.C. Hammie Includes:
1x Attached Ripstop Nylon Carry Pouch - aka: beer holder
6x Get Down Aluminum Ground Stakes
8x Aluminum Carabiners - aka: clip combos for daaaays
12’ Paracord Line
2x Freedom Tree Straps - aka: freebie ya'll! Only for backers ( $30 value)
The more we all raise, the more colors and patterns you'll have to choose from. Help us share, the world needs more color.
We meet on the Eastern slopes of the Gnar'yall range. Rick worked as a pigmy goat merchant, while Adam worked on his tan... just playing. We met at a co-working space in Bend.
We have started Wildish to mix things up a bit. Hopefully, alot. We are outdoorsy homies looking to make outdoorsy gear everyone can use. Not too extreme or spendy and definitely not under designed and boring. We think It’s time for more fun, smart stuff.
Did you know Rick has a background in engineering and Adam is a design expert? We both have helped build and manage major consumer product companies as 9-to-5ers for over a decade. We tell you this to let you know we are professionals... but still goobers.
We are motivated by family, friends, and nature, animals, coffee, and sweats. Our plan is to build an international community of Wildish outdoorsy folk who just get what we are doing and want to participate in the journey. Sounds simple enough, you in?
Thanks for stopping by,
Rick and Adam
Risks and challenges
We’ve been in business long enough to know there are always risks. We're committed to getting this right, that's a promise. Here are a few risks and challenges that we've thought of:
Product Manufacturing Delays
• We've already done production runs of our Mr. Big Stuff blanket so we're confident in our manufacturers; however, factories can have unforeseen setbacks.
• We stay in constant communication with our manufacturers from prototype to production to assure the highest quality end product.
• We always work on-site with our manufacturer for new products to resolve any challenges quickly and efficiently.
• We are choosey about who we ship with and will try to find the quickest and most reliable delivery service for our backers.
• We will do our best to ship to the earliest backers first and work our way back till y'all have one.
• We’ve had some experience shipping products internationally, which means we know things can get lost.
• We're selecting our shipment partners to minimize issues but if problems do arise we're committed to make sure your reward gets into your hands.
Please email us at email@example.com if you have any direct questions or concerns.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)