Demo Update+ Trailer Feedback + FranknJohn
After noticing a few bugs in the demo at Supanova, we've put out an update to fix them. This will be the last update to this pre-alpha demo, before we lock updates down for the Alpha and Beta tier backers.
- Fixed camera jitter when players reached either side of screen.
- Fixed powerups from occasionally not activating when used
- Temporarily removed green player colour because it was hard to see on grass
- Changed super rock power up to swap out planted rocks for crystal rocks instead of refilling your dig guage.
- Only Digging Guage displayed on character in game, Powerups are shown at bottom of screen with remaining lives.
- In game UI no longer displayed in character select menu, we have a placeholder colour ring in there for now.
We've heard from a bunch of people now that the voice over in the trailer was not exactly to their liking, with various levels of displeasure resulting from that. But we're not sure if this is a case of the noisy minority, or if it is as universally disliked as it may seem.
FranknJohn is a great looking 3D roguelike with a killer art style and central character. You play as a twisted little doll, swinging your head into enemies like a flail. The character can pop out switch each of their limbs for new unqiue items that give you new attributes and abilities. Their team is a third of a way to their goal, with 11 days left but we think a concept this strong is going to make it. We backed it and if you're unsure, there is an arena demo to download over on their page!
Be sure to check out our other Development Vlog update that just went up if you're a backer. We cover a lot of new art and features that haven't been shown yet which our Alpha backers will be playing with soon. If you haven't backed yet, now's the perfect time!