FOLLOW US BEYOND OUR KICKSTARTER PROJECT...
Thank you to all our backers for your support! Because of you, the future is bright.
For those that missed our campaign, we would love to have you visit our website to stay connected beyond our Kickstarter project. We'll be launching a temporary pre-order site, and eventual online store where the goods will reside long-term.
Below is our original campaign with all the details & photos. Enjoy!
THE DILEMMA: Classic leather boots are rarely comfortable. Comfortable boots are rarely stylish. High quality boots are rarely affordable.
THE SOLUTION: WILCOX Boots are durable classics with premium comfort at the right price.
- Comfortable - memory foam footbed with removable athletic insoles
- Durable - 100% full-grain leather upper with calfskin lining
- Handmade in North America with 100% North American materials
- Resolable - 360° Goodyear welt construction for easy resoling. 100% full leather soles with a rubber outsole.
Our boots are versatile. In the shop, on the town, or on your motorcycle - our boots are ready for any adventure.
The key to our comfortable boots begins inside with PORON® cushioning materials - a high performance memory foam footbed manufactured in Connecticut by the Rogers Corporation.
- Impact dispersion and a quick rebound after each step
- Repeated shock absorption from minimum thickness
- Long-lasting antimicrobial protection that will not wear off or wash away
On top of our premium footbed, we chose a lightweight, removable insole to provide further comfort.
- Whether you prefer to use a specialty insole or it's just time to put some new life into your boots - our insoles can be easily removed and swapped out with a fresh pair.
INTERIOR LINING & ANKLE PADDING
Our boots wouldn't be complete without further attention on the inside to finish the boots like we started - with comfort in mind.
- Padded collars to cushion the high-contact points of the ankle
- Fully lined with smooth calfskin leather for added comfort & warmth
- The FAIRFAX Boot has 3 rows of interior padding unseen from the exterior of the boot. The 3rd row stops short of a full collar to leave room for the ankle bone, providing a unique grasp around the rear of your foot.
- The SHILOH Boot has 2 rows of interior padding that are also visible from the exterior of the boot.
Like a premium dress shoe, a welted boot can have the sole replaced as needed after plenty of wear.
- Goodyear Welt construction is the time-tested standard of classic shoemaking (learn more)
- Our welt & soles are 100% leather with the rubber outsoles attached for traction and durability.
- Resole as needed - with separate rubber outsoles, each can be resoled independently as necessary - adding years & years to each pair (i.e. the forefoot rubber can be replaced without replacing the heel at the same time & vice versa).
- Provides a water-resisting boot for rough conditions
- 100% full-grain leather uppers
- Chrome-tanned with natural oils & a waxed finish
- Fully lined with smooth calfskin leather
- Caring for your leather boots (link)
We have partnered with the Kaiizen Foundation, a 501(c)(3) non-profit that our founder has worked closely with since 2007. We trust this organization in their mission to assist orphanages in Mexico and around the world to support stable homes for children of neglect. Our project's partnership will focus on college scholarships for the older children.
Sizes: 8 - 14 There will be half sizes from 8 - 12. See chart for specifics. We encourage everyone to measure the length of their foot prior to making a selection for your size. There are instructions on how to measure your foot below.
Width: Medium (D) - this is the standard width for the US shoe sizing system. If you fit most shoes without issues, you won't have an issue with ours. We added 1mm to each side of the last to give a little extra space for when you want to wear thick socks.
View details of each Pledge/Reward level to the right of Our Project section. On mobile devices there is a separate Rewards tab.
- FREE U.S. SHIPPING included with all Rewards
- All boot pledges are $25-$45 below future retail prices in addition to free U.S. shipping.
- A survey will be sent after the campaign to collect your choice of style, size, & leather, as well as your shipping address.
- Don't hesitate to ask us any questions in the Comments section or shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shirt 1 - Script Logo on front chest, Helmet Design on back
- Shirt 2 - Dog Logo on front chest
1. We want to make sure you're excited about our product! By aligning our concept with customer demand prior to production, we can responsibly create the right products for the market.
2. As a young startup, we can't do it alone. We have partnered with advanced production teams & suppliers - materials, tooling, and production costs are very high. These partners have much higher minimum order quantities (MOQs) than we are able to fund ourselves.
We are excited to share our project with the amazing Kickstarter community. We hope to earn your support as we bring innovative improvements to a classic staple.
The idea for WILCOX Boots started years ago in our minds, but the rubber finally hit the road last summer on a motorcycle tour just south of Mexico. On day two we rode into a small town known for its long history with boots & leather goods. This was the beginning of what we had wanted to do for years - create a stylish & affordable classic boot.
Soon after launching our first collection, we realized that we would outgrow the capacities of our initial production team in pursuit of our ideal boot. We assessed our options and chose Leon, Mexico - the heart of footwear in North America & often referred to as "The Shoe Capital of the World." Over the last 4 months, we have established an excellent relationship with our production partners, a family business with over 65 years in operation.
We're improving our classic boot with more durability & premium comfort. With your help, we can make this goal a reality.
CROWDSHARING IS THE KEY TO CROWDFUNDING.
- Choose a reward & pledge your support! Kickstarter is an All-or-Nothing funding site. If we don't reach our goal of $50,000, we will not receive any of the resources our backers pledge & our backers won't receive any rewards.
- Many of you have backed enough projects to know that sharing and exposure is the best/only way to get a crowdfund dream to become a reality.
- Tag us @wilcoxboots when you share our project as we'll be on the lookout. There is a special surprise for the lucky few who we think shared us the most! Let's just say it involves you & free gear.
To share our project on Instagram, the above link will take you to our Launch Day post @wilcoxboots, which you can then regram.
THANK YOU to everyone who helped this project get legs, move along, and finally launch! You've been more of a support & driving force than you realize.
A SPECIAL THANKS to a few talented friends;
PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEOGRAPHY
Jimmy Bunting- email@example.com
Garrett Thomas- firstname.lastname@example.org
Kaycee Landsaw- email@example.com / @kaycee_landsaw
Jeremy McDougle - firstname.lastname@example.org
LOGO & ILLUSTRATION
Jim Waws - email@example.com
Dennis Fuller - firstname.lastname@example.org / dennisfuller.bandcamp.com
Risks and challenges
From concept through prototype development, we’ve taken the necessary steps to ensure no part of the process has been hurried. We’ve developed a great relationship with our production team, who have been producing welted leather boots for over 65 years.
We’ve done our homework on shipping and fulfillment, and we’ll be ready to have your rewards out the door within a 10 days after production wraps up - see the Timeline above for more specifics.
However, as we all know, stuff happens!
In the event we encounter issues with tooling, sourcing, or production, rest assured, we’re all over it! And of course, we’ll keep you updated, every step of the way.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)