oh jeez oh gosh oh wow
soooooooooooo I'm basically this right now:
Halfway through yesterday, I was super happy and excited to have bumped over 50% and was planning to post this for today's update:
But that went obsolete fast:
I seriously don't know what to say. My speech centers are shutting down. This is a dream come true for me to be able to actually be able to work on this dream of mine.
So how yesterday went:
1) Friends and family on Facebook kicked into high-gear helping get the word out about the 1-day matching pledges. Even at this point, the project had its biggest day yet. bbllrlblbgr
2) So many people showed up for the Lucky Lab gathering. I've never even organized a house party before, so had a lot of anxiety about whether people would show up. The fact that you did felt like being caught after jumping off something high. We talked, made creatures, discovered a lot of bugs, and had a fantastic night.
3) I've also never done a livestream before, but had and absolute blast doing it! I'm definitely going to do another one or two during the last 48 hours. Being able to casually discuss the influences for the project (I, Robot, R.U.R., Frankenstein, Gunnerkrigg Court...) and share creatures was so much fun.
4) I came home, feeling pretty good, only to discover another backer (who supported me all the way back during the Rubicon campaign) decided to pledge a few thousand extra. I was reduced to what you saw in the video up there. Thank you.
5) The original anonymous backer applied his maxed-out matched pledge amount. :) Thank you. You go the ball rolling on all of this.
I'm about to run and jump on a plane to head down to the Bay for the Game Developer's Conference, so I gotta go. Thank you again - it's such a dream for me. This is happening. :)
<3 <3 XOXO