In the year 4010, humankind has ships in space but no colonies. Earth explodes and the last of our kind must set aside their differences and team up to tame a wild world and save humanity before time runs out! In this action packed cooperative strategy game, players will captain their starships as humankind’s Last Starfleet! Everyone wins in Last Starfleet… or all is lost.
- Check out the rule book in PDF!
- Get the FREE Print & Play on War Game Vault!
- What's this, a contest for a free reviewer copy?! Check it out here!
Each ship has its own deck of cards which players will use to upgrade their ships, guard against planet attacks and land their crew in order to win the game! Each planet will pose unique challenges to the team and landing your people is never an easy task.
What's So Awesome About Last Starfleet?
- Content is family friendly!
- Cooperative gameplay makes a really positive teaming experience!
engaging, so you won't just wait for your turn!
- Ships and planets are unique, which makes it highly replayable!
- Easy to pick up, but the strategies you build are complex!
- Build the game YOU want! Backers will be deciding what expansions are unlocked at each stretch goal!
- Campaign Update: All free stretch goal content has been unlocked! That means the deluxe version comes with well over 400 cards!
- Review One very excited Parent Geek said, “Neat, neat game! I love the cooperative game play. I love the danger. I love the tension! Great game!” ...Every game felt tense and the game play unfolded like a science fiction adventure movie.- Cyrus, Father Geek!
- Podcast Appearance - Jeff, All Us Geeks! - The Game of Crowdfunding *About the creator, the relaunch, the campaign itself and much more!
- Video Review - "Last Starfleet is pretty awesome! ...it allows each person to shine... when I'm done playing the game, I feel like I've ACCOMPLISHED something!" - Lance, Undead Viking Videos *To skip the tutorial, if you already know the game, start at 25:30.
- Review "Like a good new sci-fi novel, this game is a real page turner. You play and can’t wait to play again." - Jim, Boardgaming.com
- Review "If you are looking for a new co-op game that puts the fate of humanity in your hands, consider giving Last Starfleet your support." - Tyler, Board Game Quest
- Review "Games like Last Starfleet are winning me over... the strategy and level of communication that players have to use to defeat the planet is a real relationship builder." - Matt, Through Gamer Goggles
- Review "...the artwork is very polished, and the layout is clean and professional" - Dane, Everything Board Games
- Podcast Appearance The Nerd Bay Podcast Appearance! Check out the Boardgame episode! Bob and the gang, The Nerd Bay
- Kickstarter Badger ranked us the BEST CAMPAIGN 1/25/15! - Daniel, Meeplemechanic
- Video Review "...you've got that bonding feeling, while your playing, of everyone working together. 100%, you're working together... you've got a great campaign here." - Michael, NVS Gameplays
- Interview "...I could have raised $1M and still the metric I’d be most proud of is that I had 35% daily engagement from current backers for the first ~13 days." - Interview by James, Kickstarter Conversations
Includes everything you need to play, with 4 ships and 2 planets.
Everything in the Core Game, but includes 6 ships and 3 planets, plus ALL the unlocked expansions!
Get Your Name On It!
Planet/Orbit cards have quotes on them. (Note: not the ship deck cards, just planet and orbit deck cards). We'll work with you to attribute a quote to you or someone you know. You can also work with us to name one of the captains! The final copy will have these captain's names. Message me your favored captain – these are first come first serve.
*We are committed to doing this well enough that you won't notice the naming thing unless you already knew about it - So, no company names, weird call signs, or rude crudeness, please. Already heard some pretty hilarious requests. :D
Every $500 above our minimum funding goal, we will unlock something. YOU decide what that something is! We'll send current backers a survey link to vote on what will be unlocked at each level. And don't forget the add-on stretch goals! At $15,000 and $20,000, we'll make some extras available!
Things We'll Add to Core and Deluxe Copies
- Orbit Deck Expansion - Exodus of Sol[unlocked] - reinforcing waves of helpful, but untrained and traumatized, refugees. KS Exclusive!
- Core/Deluxe Game Ship Booster[unlocked] - Every copy of the game will include an additional card for each of the included ship decks!
- Signed Card Gift![unlocked] - A signed duplicate card for everyone. This'll be random unless you attributed a card quote - in which case, it will be a duplicate of THAT card. Additionally, I'll sign the inside of the box lid on all name the captain copies (Least I can do - you're giving us almost $200!)
- Also see - "How the World Burned," under Add-ons Section - Unlocked at $25,000 and included in all copies for free
Things We'll Add to Deluxe Copies
- Ship Expansion[unlocked] - Galactic Command, Pangaea government
- Ship Expansion[unlocked] - Pay Dirt, orbital extraction and mining station
- Ship Expansion[unlocked] - Eagle Eye, the lost cosmonauts
- Planet Expansion[unlocked] - Cryton, the siege of Cryton
- Planet Expansion[unlocked] - Kurmaraja, the sleeping giant
- Planet Expansion[unlocked] - Terra Nine, the jungle of madness
- Planet Expansion[unlocked] - Derelict One, tragic site of the first use of a dark matter core
- Orbit Deck Expansion[unlocked] - Asteroid Belt, great and treacherous orbital rings
Spread the Word Goals!
- 25 Fans on Boardgamegeek[unlocked] - Core/Deluxe Game Orbit Booster 1 - Every copy of the game will include an additional KS Exclusive card for each of the included ORBIT decks!
- 50 Fans on Boardgamegeek[unlocked] - Core/Deluxe Game Orbit Booster 2
- 100 Fans on Boardgamegeek[unlocked] - Core/Deluxe Game Orbit Booster 3
- 250 WGG Facebook Page Likes[unlocked] - Core/Deluxe Game Planet Booster 1 - Every copy of the game will include an additional KS Exclusive card for each of the included PLANET decks!
- 500 WGG Facebook Page Likes - Core/Deluxe Game Planet Booster 2
- 1,000 WGG Facebook Page Likes - Core/Deluxe Game Planet Booster 3
Add-ons are a way of giving you additional options without mucking up the backing tiers or increasing costs for everyone when only a few folks really want the additional offering. They have to be planned carefully and aren't as cost-efficient as we'd like, because they are very small print runs. All of these additions are in response to your surveys/comments.
We listened. :)
To add one of the unlocked add-ons, simply increase the dollar value of your current pledge. Post-campaign surveys will be sent to collect additional information and clarify what you want included in the box, when you receive your copy of Last Starfleet.
Because Stickers! - Unlocked!
- This is a sheet of 10, 3x2" ovular matte stickers with the box cover art and Last Starfleet logo
- Add $7
Ship Mats are Back! - Unlocked!
- 4x8" Full Color, Double-Sided, Ship Mats for All Nine Ships!
- These can replace the three card ship mat set for each deck. You don't need them to play, but we sure like them. Think you will too.
- Add $15
Last Starfleet T-Shirt - Will Be Unlocked if We Reach $20,000
- These will be white t-shirts. Tentative design is the Last Starfleet captains across the front and a small logo in the lower right hand corner.
- These will be quality shirts, not Vistaprint quick and easy ones. Much to our chagrin, we found that the latter wash out immediately upon looking at them.
- Add $23
How the World Burned! - Will Be Unlocked if We Reach $25,000
- We'll include a unique piece of the mystery of how Earth was destroyed in each KS copy. Work together to solve it, and we'll commit to printing an expansion
- The first people to piece together exactly how it happened will receive free copies of that expansion, then it will be made commercially available
- Add $0 - This is free - Included with every KS copy of the game sent out!
We'll do everything humanly possible to get your game to you before Christmas 2015!
We can bundle up to three games together per order, so you only have to pay the shipping cost once, if you find some friends and go in on an order together. To bundle, simply add the base cost of the additional games to your existing order and KS will only charge the one shipping fee. Add-ons will be included in the same shipping box.
- United Kingdom, Canada, United States: $10
- Rest of Europe Union: $20
- Everywhere Else: $35
Our production and distribution plans have built-in contingencies to deal with ambiguity around campaign performance. If we only just make our goal, the game will be produced and distributed in the US. At the highest campaign performance levels, we'll be working with Panda Games for production and Shipwire, a large multinational fulfillment partner. We can use up to four Shipwire warehouse/distribution locations and will choose them based on demand - As of now, we've short listed London, Chicago and Toronto.
*The ~$13 shipping value should avoid VAT/import fees in most places, but you may prefer to wait until LSF is available in your area. Don't forget that the print & play is free!
Here is Undead Viking's full tutorial and review, the NVS review, and some early gameplay videos! The final version will be different since YOU are helping us build it. For instance, one of our Print & Play testers suggested that we use a single planet board. This greatly reduced the per game cost, and kept the game play the same!
- Sam Oplinger - Lead. After eight years of management consulting in the provider healthcare and a lifetime of game design as a hobbyist, it is time to make it happen!
- Amit Ghadge - Graphic Design Lead. Founder and director of Crimzon Studios in Mumbai, India. Experience includes Storm the Castle, Tanks of War, and numerous comic books including Train of Thoughts, which is completely managed in-house.
- Filip Dudek - Illustration. Filip's incredible vision of the Last Starfleet future has really brought the game to life! His work really speaks for itself.
Jason Williams - Video Producer. Through his company, Haptic Vision, Jason has produced, directed and edited full length narrative films, documentaries, and countless short projects.
- Can I back at multiple levels? For instance, can I name a captain and get a quote? If exactly that comes up, message me. The easy additions you can make to any pledge are printed copies of the core game (Add $26 per additional copy) and the deluxe game (Add $50 per additional copy).
- Can I name my captain or card quote "Poopy Pants McGee?" We'll work with you to make the actual name you give us fit into the theme, so those don't end up looking like graffiti on the final product. In example, if you give us "Alec Nguyen," we might print " - Sergeant Alec Nguyen," as the attribution. If you give us "My kitty cat, mittens" we might print something like "Colonist Mittens" or maybe "Felix Mittens."
- Can I play a 1-player game? If I have enough ship decks, can I play a 7-8 player game? It isn't recommended, but you certainly can. Some of the content won't make sense in a 1-player game and over 6 players will reduce the difficulty of the game significantly.
- I thought you already launched Last Starfleet? We did! It was our first try at Kickstarter and we learned an incredible amount. We drastically reduced the cost of the core game and our minimum goal by rethinking components and finding new manufacturers. With your continued support, we know this time around, we'll knock it out of the park!
- Who did that epic voice over at the end of the video? Why that'd be my big bro, Andy. :)
Risks and challenges
We don't know how many copies will be committed, so we've developed a dynamic production and fulfillment strategy. Depending on how we do, we'll either produce the game in China, Korea, New Jersey, or Madison(in that order). We have relationships with each of these companies. As for distribution, we have an excellent multinational distribution partner for high volumes. We also have space and helpers enough to pick and pack, ourselves, in Chicago/Milwaukee. If that happens, I'll be signing and numbering some copies!
What about unforeseen delays? Our timeline has many months of buffer because this will be our first publication and, while we won't let off the gas for a second, shipping and production delays may still happen. Our goal is to get your game to you by Christmas, if not sooner.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)