In 1987, two young Soviet musicians hopped aboard the Trans-Siberian railroad for the 30-hour journey to Novosibirsk. Their goal: To perform at the National Folk Festival. They took it by storm, winning the grand prize for "Best New Band." White Fort, aka "Belyi Ostrog" was born.
The steppes couldn't contain their amazing talent, and soon White Fort was playing in Moscow, New York, and all over the world. This fall, they're hitting the Oregon Trail, for a tour from LA to Seattle!
But the coolest thing of all was that in April 2012, White Fort won First Place in this contest out of Nashville: http://www.songwritingcompetition.com/winners (scroll down to the Instrumental Category). The winning song, 6/8, has never been released in the US--and that's just wrong! Don't believe me? Listen for yourself!
We're trying to raise the costs to produce (and mail) 500 copies of a brand new White Fort album. You can make it happen! Making your pledge here on Kickstarter means that you'll:
* pre-order your own copy
* get some fun bonus gifts, and
* help us make this tour pay off, so the guys can come back again!
The new album is titled 6/8. Here's the song lineup:
- Svyatki! (Святки!) (the video at the top of this page)
- Leave a Message (Оставьте сообщение)
- Baikal Flutes (Байкальские флейты)
- A Little Mandolin (Мандолинка)
- Coconut Mocha (Мока-кока)
- Revolution (Революция)
- Friendship of All People (Дружба народов)
- DaBaDaBaDa (ДаБаДаБаДа)
- Stones from Distant Mountains
- E. 29th St (Восточная 29 улица)
- Rain (Дождь)
- Everything's the Same in NY
- Telephone (Телефон)
- Can't Stop the Signal (Пешка)
Join the fun, get some awesome music, and we will see YOU on the tour! And Big Mega Большое THANKS for chipping in!
- (15 days)