Wheel of Fate (WOF) is the first chapter of our single player RPG with turn-based combat. Our goal is to bring back this incredible genre with a unique, modern twist. We have taken pieces we love from classic turn-based RPGs and added next-generation features, such as an artificial intelligence wheel. Our team has always wanted to create an RPG that adapts to player choices. We want each playthrough to feel drastically different. We need your help to get in as much content as possible to achieve that goal!
In the ancient world of Providence, a hero must rise. The battle to save the universe from the Affliction will be fought in the backwater town of Kismet’s Fall and the Wheel of Fate has chosen you as its Avatar. Explore a world that changes around you with each spin of the wheel. Defeat a foe ancient as time itself. Wheel of Fate is the RPG that will alter your reality! How will you spin your destiny?
Play through a unique story affected by the Wheel and your choices.
Watch your world change with the elements. What will the Wheel land on next?
Explore the dungeons, collect loot and fight your enemies!
Battle enemies with our exciting turn-based combat system!
Create a character with races not seen in many RPGs!
- Ashar: Curious, open-minded and industrious, the "Scattered People" can be found all over Providence carving out a prosperous future for themselves side by side with other mortal races.
- Ikara: An avian species with brightly-colored feathers, the "People of the Skies" observe the world of Providence from the top of their mountain kingdom; waiting for the right moment to play their part in the coming events.
- Rovar: Survivors who have endured endless hardships, the "People of the Plains" are peaceful and wise; but threaten the sanctity of their homeland and the beast within is unleashed, ready to strike at their foes with uncanny brutality.
- Veikar: With a history lost in the mists of time, the "First People" are a proud and strong race, the steadfast defenders of ancient legacies and unbridled freedom.
- Champion: Deadly melee warriors that can unleash devastating combos and AOE attacks. These warriors of Fate are there for one goal, decimate the enemy. Sub-classes: Duelist, Barbarian, Hex-blade
- Arcanist: A master of all things arcane these mages are powerful ranged attackers meant to take out all enemies before them. Sub-classes: Wizard, Warlock, Spellsword
- Chosen: These chosen of Fate are tough, nearly impossible to kill, can help their team in numerous ways and deal Fate’s holy wrath to boot! Sub-classes: Paladin, Cleric, Templar
- Ranger: A hunter specialized at dealing deadly ranged abilities that can take down an enemy or prey. Rangers are hearty and tough, ready to help their team in an instant. Sub-classes: Rogue, Archer, Druid
Mix and match your gear to suit your style with billions of possible combinations.
Build your town and upgrade the buildings!
Defend the townsfolk!
Explore the town of Kismet's Falls and uncover the secrets of Fate!
Experience an array of events that affect the destiny of your world!
Replay the game for a new experience every time! Where will the Wheel of Fate take you?
How does the wheel's AI Work?
The "all-seeing eye" of the wheel watches everything! Enemies you defeat, loot you pick up, dialogue choices, and much more are fed into the artificial intelligence powering the Wheel of Fate. The wheel then sifts through all those choices and upon spinning, delivers decisions about what should happen next. When we say your choices matter in Wheel of Fate, we mean your choices decide: side quests, branches in the main quest, the dungeon theme, elemental effects, enemies, loot, and more. Will friends or foes appear at your gates? Only the Wheel of Fate knows.
Ring 1 - Force
The force ring sets the prevailing "theme" that is in effect within the world it has 5 segments:
- Knowledge - Knowledge will lead you down a path where using lore, your wits, and your skills to prove your mental acuity can overcome anything!
- Conflict - Conflict will lead you down a path of aggressiveness, fighting, and using your might to crush the bones of your enemies beneath your feet!
- Fortune - Fortune will lead you down a path of subtlety, opportunity, and using your shrewd nature to always come out ahead!
- Industry - Industry will lead you down a path of productivity, efficiency, and using your resources to build your empire as a shining beacon of progressiveness!
- Adventure - Adventure will lead you down a path of well.. a little bit of everything! You go where the winds take you and no one can deny your wanderlust!
Ring 2 - Rank and Quality
This ring tells you what to expect in terms of loot, shops inventory, difficulty of enemies in the dungeon, scale of quests. If you see Rank 5, be prepared! What you face will be difficult and expensive. With great risk, comes great reward!
Ring 3 - Zodiac (Element)
This ring is the "spice" ring. It changes the ambiance, lighting, available lore, elemental buffs and debuffs, and types of enemies. As a player, when you choose a zodiac at the beginning of the game, you are choosing to align with a specific element. On days where your element matches the zodiac, you are buffed! On days where your element is opposite to the element of the wheel spin, you are debuffed. Let's just say... "Avatar of Fate" isn't used lightly!
With each Chapter of Wheel of Fate we release the A.I will be smarter! We will work with our players to create intelligence where it's desired. We have started exploring incredible features like fortune telling, intelligent chat bots for NPC's, Game wide A.I decisions based on player choices, etc. The possibilities are very exciting and we can't wait to explore them with you!
Some people call it luck; others call it destiny. But on the world of Providence, Fate's presence was felt everywhere. Fate is the central force that combines Creation, Destruction and Change, which brought the universe into existence. That is, until The Affliction appeared. Born out of people's disbelief, the Affliction cut off living beings from Fate's influence, turning them Fateless. The Fateless were defeated in the Zodiac War, but then the world itself was removed from Fate's influence, as the Temple, the Wheel and the Avatar of Fate vanished into thin air.
One thousand years later, Fate, the Fateless and the Zodiac War are nothing but legends, mostly forgotten. Until one day, a lone adventurer reawakens the Wheel of Fate, and the legends of old are realized true. The nearby village of Kismet's Fall becomes the center of the world, as all the races of Providence converge on this sleepy backwater town. The Fateless are poised to reclaim the world that had evaded their grasp. All that stands between them and their victory is one adventurer; the protector of Kismet's Fall and the Avatar of Fate.
All our music is completely original and incredibly done! We have a veteran of the music industry and a rock-legend helping us produce the best music for our game!
Terry Brown is the legendary producer of Rush. He's also worked with Jimi Hendrix, The Who, and more! Terry will be working directly with Derek Atherton to mix and produce some of our songs!
Derek Atherton is a veteran of the music industry for over 25 years. He has performed all over the world, composed, mixed, mastered, engineered, and everything in between. A connisseur of music production and a master of his craft, Derek is the guiding "ears" of our game!
When Daniel played RPGs with his twin brother as a child. As many kids did, they had 1 TV and 1 console to play on. When one of them would get ahead it would spoil the story. This ruined the fun! As a result, he was fueled by a desire to create a single-player RPG where players could have their own stories. Daniel had to find a way to make a dynamic game. Fast forward many years later, and he was heavily modding a player made Neverwinter Nights world called The World of Avlis. The experience as a player, dungeon master, level designer, writer, and coder helped to cement what would become Wheel of Fate. Daniel then went on to work heavily with random number generators and probability. This led to his “AHA!” moment while he couldn’t recreate the DM experience, he saw a way to emulate it. Combining RNG knowledge from previous work with new machine learning techniques is how Wheel of Fate was born. From that moment onward, UDX Interactive has had many fateful moments which has lead us here and fueled our desire to make rich games filled with excitement and endless fun!
After competing to win separate government and private funding in Canada, we have enough to build our base game. Wheel of Fate will be released. With Kickstarter, we can fill the world with Events, Loot, Enemies, Quests, Easter Eggs, Stories, and everything in between so each player has their own gameplay experiences to discover. The systems are in place and the framework is ready but we need your feedback, your suggestions, and your passion to build a role-playing game that shines. Helping us build Chapter 1 keeps us accountable to the players. Help us roll-in a new era of single-player narrative RPG's where the story mixes outstanding narrative with modern AI to create a truly dynamic experience. Because any good campaign requires player input, feedback, and engagement. Those campaigns are the best gaming experiences we’ve ever had and we want to share those experiences with you. We need your help to get it done!
We are supported by the incredible:
We are a company that crafts games we LOVE to play. We’re passionate about original games that are made by players, for the players. Our team consists of experienced individuals that love gaming and as a company, we are committed to building a community. Our motto is to “Think Inside Out”. Thinking outside the box is not enough. We want to take what exists in the world and transform it into something entirely fresh. We are innovating our games in ways that haven’t been done before, while still using game mechanics that are familiar.
Our development partner for Wheel of Fate: Chapter 1, is Game Pill. Owned by our producer, Mike Sorrenti, Game Pill is an awesome studio of experienced and creative developers, designers, and artists. They have delivered games such as the Mech League Series which includes Mech League Smash. Game Pill is a powerful group of companions to have with us in our adventuring party!
We are committed to building a community around our game. We’re very open with our game development process and want to take you along with us!
Risks and challenges
Creating a role-playing game is a risky endeavor. RPG's are difficult to make which is why we chose to go single player and PC only first. It allows us to focus on delivering a great game and then porting or adding multiplayer later. We have a veteran passionate team that is willing to push really hard to see Wheel of Fate completed.
We further mitigate the risk of making a big RPG with an extensive story by breaking Wheel of Fate into chapters. Releasing a chapter at a time tests a smaller segment of the game, learn what our players like and dislike, and grow from the experience. You can choose to pick up a chapter at a time, reducing your upfront cost. This allows us to build content based on each chapter's feedback. We want to make our relationship with players as mutually beneficial as possible.
Building a game that is tied to your choices, then having an A.I dynamically deliver the content and build the world based on those choices is a risk. We have mitigated this risk in 3 ways:
1) We have an incredibly experienced team including a PHD in Cybernetics who helped us develop the A.I.
2) We have contained the world to known variables it's a town and a dungeon. So the A.I doesn't have to account for infinite points of data. Fixing the size of the world helps us lower our risk. This also allows us to focus on dynamic content that delivers the most exciting parts of Wheel of Fate.
3) This was the first challenge started when envisioning the game years ago, giving us time to work through what it meant to create this innovation.
We are open and honest about issues and address them directly with the community. This has been our mantra from the very beginning of development through our social media and discord channels.
When we start testing phases we may have to change design, systems or methods in order to deliver a truly fun experience. Our goal is to make a game that we all love to play. While we can't change everything or make every person happy we will do our best to make gameplay, story, and value-added choices that benefit all of us. We will also explain those choices as clearly and openly as possible. We are gamers that love this genre and we are our very hard on ourselves. However, we need your input to make sure we are heading down the right path.
We are confident we will overcome any challenge because of the great team we have to make it happen. We will release Wheel of Fate no matter what happens. However, to truly deliver the full experience we want for our backers and ourselves, we need to expand what's available. We are looking to Kickstarter to make it happen.
Here's what we promise to our backers:
- We will include our fans, backers, and players feedback in the development of each chapter of the game. Each chapter we put out will focus on growing Wheel of Fate to higher degrees of quality and new, different, and interesting content. Your feedback is vital to making that a reality.
- Where we are not able to release the first installment of the project on a digital marketplace we will refund our backers.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)