Getting your prints to stick, then getting them off your machine is 90% of your 3D printing issues and worries!
First you do everything you can to get the filament to stick for the first layer and keep on holding, then you finally get a good stick, and your new worries are how to get the parts off the print bed.
Wham Bam Flexible Build System is your solution to all your troubles!
° Your prints stick easily from first layer onward!
° Simply bend our Flexi Plate and your prints pop off!
° A quick wipe with alcohol, slap the Flexi Plate onto the Magnetic Base and you are back to printing!
our kits are like no others on the market!
Wham Bam kits are comprised of 4 parts that are each designed for performance and made from the highest quality of materials available.
We have developed the Wham Bam PEX Build Surface from a specially formulated polymer with a higher melt point than even PEI to attract most any filament without damaging the sheet, and parts easily pop off once cooled and flexed.
Pre-backed with 3M adhesive so it takes seconds to install
the Wham Bam Flexi Plate is made from high quality flexible spring steel designed to be bent thousands of times without kinking. The spring alloy contains a high level of chromium to ensure no rust or oxidation for its lifetime. They can be used with our PEX or PEI build surfaces, or any other product of your preference should you ever destroy you’re surface, just peel it off, add another and keep using our kit! Even keep extra Flexi Plates on hand to do a live swap and speed up your work flow to the max!
The Wham Bam Magnetic Base has been specially formulated to resist high temperatures for long periods of time, without any loss of performance. Guaranteed to resist heated beds up to 130°C continuously. They are pre-backed with high temperature 3M adhesive making installation a breeze!
We’ve thought of everything, our kits even come with 4 thin aluminum Wham Bam Shims, pre-backed with adhesive so you can easily get your bed perfectly flat before installing the Magnetic Base.
- No more tape, glue, hair spray, ABS slurry, special additives.
All of your filaments stick to our proprietary PEX build surface.
- No more messing with binder clips and limiting your build area!
Print edge to edge with our magnetic bed.
- No more stabbing hands, breaking parts, or gouging build surfaces trying to get your prints off the bed.
Just bend our Flexi Plate and parts magically pop right off!
- Stop chiseling parts on your machine, ruining your calibration or damaging its precision parts.
Lift off our plate to remove prints outside of the machine.
- No more lost time waiting for your heavy glass or aluminum bed to cool down, prying to remove prints, cleanup of glues and tape and re-application.
Get right back to printing with no or little down time, just put the flexi plate back on machine and you are in business. Even keep extra Flexi Plates on hand to do a live swap and speed up your work flow to the max!
Our kits are currently available in 6 varied square sizes to fit many different printers.
Check your printer bed dimensions to see which kit best fits your printer
The fit to your machine is the buyer's responsibility, so measure using our kit measurements, please note that the spring steel Flexi Plate has two front tabs that stick out beyond the kit size by 10 (smaller kits)-15 (larger kits) mms.
all machines in bold have been tested and verified
For all other machines; you must measure to be sure our size will fit on your printer and that there are no obstructions.
Any open sided machine would theoretically allow for a slightly larger Wham Bam flexible build kit than the machine's bed size.
The Wham Bam Magnetic Base can be cut down and the Wham Bam Flexi Plate can overhang a bit. *******
*****Please also note our system needs a heated bed for PEX to work well, otherwise you may have to use build surface with glues or hairspray*****
- 165 x 165 mms 6.5” x 6.5” fits: Creality Ender 2, Tronxy X1, Tevo Michelangelo, Zonestar Z6F, Lulzbot Mini (may fit with overhang)
- 220 x 220 mms 8.7” x 8.7” fits: Prusa i3, Anet A8, Cocoon 3D Printer Touch, Wanhao Duplicator 6 and Duplicator i3 and i3 Plus, Ultimaker 1 and 2 and 3, MonoPrice Maker Select Plus and Ultimate and V2, Robo R2, TronXY X2
- 235 x 235 mms 9.25” x 9.25” fits: Creality Ender 3, Ender 3 Pro, Creality CR-20, Ender 5 , Tevo Flash, Geeetech A10 and A10M, Robo R1+
- 310 x 310 mms 12.2” x 12.2” fits: Creality CR-10S, Hictop CR-10, JG Aurora A5 and A5x, Folger Tech FT-5 and R2, Tevo Black Widow and Tornado, Anet E12, TronXY X3s and X5SA, Alfawise U20, Wanhao Duplicator 9, Raise3D N2 Plus and Pro2 Plus, Type A Machines Series 1 Pro, Zortrax M300, RAISCUBE T8, JGAurora A5, XYZprinting da Vinci Super, Airwolf EVO, Lulzbot Taz 6 (may fit with overhang)
- 410 x 410 mms 16.2” x 16.2” fits: Creality CR-10S4, German RepRap X400, FORMBOT Raptor and T-REX and 2+ , Vivedino T-Rex 3.0 and Raptor 2, gCreate gMax and gMax 1.5 XT+, ALfawise U10, HE3D H500, RAISCUBE T9, Mass Portal Grand Pharaoh ED 40
- 510 x 510 mms 20” x 20” fits: Creality CR-10S5, Cultivate3d the Beast V2
we are also on the look out for any other popular sizes so if you don’t see your size send us a note and if we get enough requests we will make it and let you know when its going into production!
Our kits were designed to be super easy to install so the beginner needs no special skills or tools and the print farmer doesn't loose valuable time between prints.
You can install the whole system in 5 minutes max!
1. Clean your existing bed surface.
2. Check to see if your bed is planar and flat, if not, you can correct with our included Aluminum Shims.
3. Peel back paper from Wham Bam Magnetic Base adhesive, line up with one edge of your bed, check position, then peel back rest of paper while rubbing down.
4. Clean your Wham Bam Flexi Plate with alcohol and apply your Wham Bam PEX Build surface just as you applied the Magnetic base. Remove the protective film from the PEX. Pro tip: For extra grip scuff your PEX surface with 000 steel wool.
5. Slap your Flexi Plate on the Magnetic Base and you are good to go
see full detailed instructions on installation and preparation below:
Wham Bam was created when Peter Solomon, a long time inventor, award-winning designer, maker and 3D printing addict realized that many of his personal modifications to his printers would be very useful to all 3D printers.
Peter has been contributing to the community for years by posting his models to thingiverse, his how-to videos on youtube, and his advice to many forums. He became obsessed with resolving first layer adhesion as this is one of the issues that affects every 3d printer, and then needed to find a way to get prints off the bed easier. When he made his first prototype and shared on social media nearly everyone wanted one, and BAM -
Wham Bam was born.
Wham Bam will be making many other products, and always following the same mission: Making 3D printing Easy, Productive and Fun!
Wham Bam has been through a year of product development, testing, refinement, material engineering, further testing and design.
For the last month we have been going through a Beta Test Round with select testers on various machines. Each beta tester prints for different reasons and with a range of materials.
We have taken their comments and suggestions and improved our product, we have established production and supply and already created our test samples and prototypes with the same factories who will execute our production orders.
We are ready to go! In order to be able to offer competitive pricing on these top of the line materials we need to purchase in mass, we also need to create some simple tooling to cut materials to size and shape and to create our new robust packaging. With the Kickstarter funding we can get this into production in as little as 3 weeks from the goal met date!
see what our Beta testers are saying about our system!
Rob R. "I honestly stopped using my printer for a while because my prints stuck so well that I'd ruin them or break the glass trying to get them off. The Wham Bam System has got me heavily into 3D printing again. Thank you guys!"
Robert B. "Great product! Very impressed. keep up the great work"
Bryan H. "All component materials are high quality and manufactured very well!!! Installation is easy and straight forward. Magnetic binding, spring steel performance and initial pex performance are all top notch. You have the product, service, and customer service at the highest level, praise I never an able to give."
James P. "The fact that the magnets are able to withstand higher temperatures puts this system in a class of it’s own. Capable of using a wide range of materials that other companies cannot claim without damaging their magnetic sheet permanently."
Carlos P "I’m liking how the prints look. Super smooth on the bottom. And I love that it just pops off. No more spatula. My installation experience went pretty smooth"
Bryan V. "Man, thats amazing, you saw that was super super easy to remove. And check out that super smooth finish on that first layer, so nice. The prints still stick when they're supposed to and they are super easy to pop off when done. "
John R. "Beta Test for Wham Bam. Great product! Want more plates in the future, and much more reasonably priced than you-know-who. "
Patrick L. "Wanted to share my experience so far. This is actually my first print with the new bed and it worked great! The bottom layer is the smoothest and shiniest I've ever had and everything stuck perfectly. Even the base of the supports was glass smooth. So far, this is exceeding my expectations"
We need your help and support.
We are almost there, we cant wait to get this flexible build kit on every machine possible and help the 3D community out by making their lives simpler and more productive.
Check out our Stretch Goals!
- If we surpass $50k of sales we will throw in a free extra PC build plate to every kit ordered.
- And if we surpass $100k we will throw in an extra PEX build surface to every kit ordered.
So if you want these freebies, please spread the word, get your friends to see our campaign and help us to get the message out.
Please make your pledge, if you have one machine - order early and be one of the first to get one. If you run a print farm - order for all of your machines and take advantage of the early bird discounts! And if you don't have 3D printers but would like to help, your contribution would be greatly appreciated!
-thank you! from the team at Wham Bam
help us to spread the word by clicking on all of the buttons below and sharing our project with your communities!
Risks and challenges
Our goal is to make delivery by the end of 2018, we have already set up manufacturing during the beta testing so there should be no long delays is product delivery. Our beta test kits arrived within our estimated time frame and we expect the same for this Kickstarter production run. If any unexpected delays happen we will make sure to commuicate them to all backers ASAP.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)