Development Update, Music, Rewards and PAX AUS!
Phew, has it been over a month already?
It’s been a long, busy, crazy month for us and it’s only going to get more so as we head into the end of October! We’re starting to get to the point where we can’t show you a lot of what we’ve been doing as we don’t want to spoil the game for you before you play it. That said, the screenshot below, is a little sneak peek of one of the scenes early in the game.
To get you in the mood for Tahira, we wanted to share a short track that Max has composed for us. He’s started working on the game and as you’ll be able to hear is creating some stunning music for all of us to enjoy.
It’s been a month spent predominantly on level development for us as we work on the levels from the second half of Episode One. We’re really happy to say that we’ve nailed down a very exciting new feature, called Ambush. A future update will go into more detail, but the basics are that you can hide your characters in certain parts of the combat environment and bring them out of hiding at the opportune moment to deal extra damage to your enemies. It was quite a complex feature to develop as it required adding the ability for the player to interrupt the AI turn at any point, but we think it’s added a huge amount of fun to the game.
We’ve also done a lot of work on the following:
- All the animations are now re-timed and reacting to each other at exactly the moment they should be.
- We’ve done another pass on the UI, giving the player a lot more of the information they need while actually making the interface less cluttered.
- Pete has also been drawing a ton of portraits for the characters you’ll meet as you play through Episode One. It’s really special to watch the character’s in the script come to life.
- We’ve been doing some work to secure grant funding to help us hire a PR company to assist in launching Tahira next year. This would be very helpful as it’ll let us focus on making the game as good as we can make it without also having to worry about marketing it.
- As usual a ton of bug fixes and minor improvements have also been added to the game.
This is the big one for us this month. We’ll be in Melbourne for International Games Week at the end of October. First we’ll be attending the Game Connect Asia Pacific Conference, which is the biggest Australian Game Development conference and then later that week we’ll be showcasing Tahira at PAX Aus. If you’re coming PAX we’d love to see you and show the latest build of Tahira. There’s still a few passes available for purchase.
Oh my, look at all the rewards we have! Once PAX is done, we’ll start to work on a timeline to send these out to all of you.
Backer Shout Out!
Finally, we wanted to take the time to highlight the contributions of one of our lovely backers. Dianne has been on board from the start, helping to spread the word on the inXile forums, contacting influential people during the campaign and recently she went to PAX Prime and handed out Tahira fliers! Thank you so much for all your help Dianne, we really appreciate everything you've done for us.
That’s it for us this month, we’ll have a big update next month with a PAX Re-cap and a road-map for the coming months. Don't forget to like the Tahira Page on Facebook and to follow the Tahira and Whale Hammer Games Twitter Accounts!
Have a great October everyone!
<3 Peter C, Peter S and Tom.