by Whale Hammer Games
Runs on Linux (Ubuntu 14.04.2) with the old Mesa 10.1 graphics drivers on AMD without any apparent problem.
In game I noticed:
- hovering on characters doesn't show anything (not sure if it is supposed to)
- clicking on shield as suggested in the "?" overlay doesn't do anything either
- the rest look fine, animations, where present, are great and I definitely like the drawing style
It was a super quick play though so I'm sure I've missed a lot!
Not saying you wont reach your $68,000 goal (in fact, I really hope you exceed it) but if you don't then please don't give up. Others have tried again after their first attempt at Kickstarter and have succeeded on the second and in a few cases third attempt. Usually it's a steep learning curve on your first Kickstarter attempt and you tend to do it better the next time around. You've got a great looking game and we need more game developers in Australia :)
Thank you for the feedback! I've added it to a list of things to review and update we have internally. I'll run through your points though :)
- Right mouse scroll is something we'll definitely look at.
- They are a placeholder at the moment, we do plan to do something a lot nicer.
- Something we should have in the next build.
- It's definitely something we'd like to do. Once we've locked down the keyboard and mouse controls we'll start looking at it.
Thanks for letting us know Luke! I'll get Tom onto it tomorrow to see what the issue is. Any more details you can give about the issue would be helpful.
I like it - looks very promising! I like the big battlefield, beautiful art, and the ability to zoom. Thanks for the preview :)
- Right mouse hold to pan the screen around?
- The health numbers are distracting from the beautful art, it should be only showing on hover or when enemy moves, like in the bottom left.
- Ability to see enemy movement range when hovering?
- Are you guys planning controller support? I think it would be perfect for this but might need
some thinking about controls. Best is to first make keyboard controls for everything and then work out controller scheme from there.
Having played a lot of Banner Saga a lot some of these are what I come to expect from this very similar concept, but I understand you don't want to make a 'copy' here :)
Doesn't work on Retina MBP running Yosemite.