About this project
Kickstarter was just the beginning.
Our Kickstarter campaign may be over, but you can buy Stiicks on the Well Made website! We also have a lot of other wonderful products with many more to come, so be sure to stay in touch:
So what exactly are... Stiicks?
- Incredibly simple by design, even easier to install
- Made by expert craftsmen in Chicago, IL
- They use sustainable materials, sourced regionally and responsibly
- Swap artwork easier than any frame out there
- Made properly, to last forever
Stiicks are a patent-pending frame composed of 4 thin strips of sustainably-sourced American hardwood – No set of Stiicks will ever be made from a tree that was cut down for lumber. Each Stiick is embedded with several super-strong magnets that sandwich whatever you're hanging firmly in between.
Two of the four pieces come pre-drilled which makes mounting significantly easier, with a more stable result, than a traditional frame. In fact we recommend just putting a single screw in the wall and using your smart phone as a level.
Available in 4 Sizes and 5 Finishes.
We have designed Stiicks in four standard sizes, but the great thing about a floating magnetic frame is that they can fit literally dozens of sizes, at virtually any length, without batting an eye.
- Small – 12" long, designed for 11"x14" prints
- Sorta-Big – 17" long, designed for 16"x20" prints
- Kinda-Big – 19" long, designed for 18"x24" prints
- Large – 25" long, designed for 24"x36" prints
- Cherry – An amber-red American hardwood.
- Bright-White – Coated with 2 coats of premium paint before finishing.
- Maple – Blonde in color, excellent in appearance.
- Flat-Black – This finish also receives 2 coats of premium paint.
- Oak – This tan colored hardwood is also the most common.
- * Lacquer Finish * –Whether left natural or painted, each and every Stiick is finished with two coats of matte lacquer for a long-lasting and durable finish.
Everything is in place for Stiicks to go directly into production the moment we meet our goal. Our first priority is to get the initial production run into the hands of our US backers with enough time to get them under the Christmas tree. Please read carefully as many of our Rewards have sold out for Christmas delivery, but all sizes are still available.
- Early Bird Special – SOLD OUT
- Small – January delivery available
- Sorta-Big – January delivery available
- Kinda-Big – Christmas delivery still available!
- Large – Christmas delivery still available!
- Buy1, Give1 – January delivery available
- Full Set – Christmas delivery still available!
- Collector Pack – January delivery available
- Monday, December 2nd at 11:59pm – Campaign ends the evening of Cyber Monday.
- Tuesday, December 3rd – Backer Survey is sent out.
- While we ask that Backers reply as quickly as possible, you will have 2 weeks to reply to your survey.
- Monday, Decmber 16th – The initial round of rewards ships from Chicago, Illinois all around the world.
International Shipping – While we are committing to domestic delivery in time for Christmas Day, we cannot guarantee the same for international shipments. If you purchase one of the first 50 of any reward tiers and supply all necessary shipping information on time, your package will ship Monday, December 16th. International shipping is additional for ALL rewards levels.
About Well Made
We would love to share more about what we do, and why we do it, but why don't we head over the the Well Made website for that conversation.
Thank you for checking out our project!
Risks and challenges
Our largest challenge lies in fulfilling everyones rewards by the Christmas holiday. While production represents a significant task, we have confidence in our final product and have streamlined our production process. Which is why in order to ship rewards within a pretty tight window, we are asking that our supporters remain engaged and are prompt with their survey responses so we can deliver on time, potentially even a few days early.
In addition, Well Made is committed to using sustainable sourcing for its lumber, which can have a slightly more irregular availability than commercial lumber. However, we have several partners able to provide quality material on time while aligning with our ethical vision.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
This is the official launch of the Stiicks product, but they will be immediately available for purchase after the Kickstarter campaign ends here – http://www.wearewellmade.com
For those who would like to add additional sets as Backers of this campaign, KS asks that we do not sell multiple quantities through their platform. However, if you back this project, you will be given the option to add additional quantities as a separate transaction on our site.
We do apologize if this causes any inconvenience, but we respect the rules set by this community and will follow them as closely as possible.
Yes... and, No...
Our reward tiers were limited by the amount we felt comfortable producing in time for the holidays. Once a holiday delivery tier has been sold out, the exact same tier will be added with the only thing changing being the shipping date. We are keeping an update at the top of the page, just below the video that make sure everyone is aware of exactly what is still available and when it will be delivered.
Once a Kickstarter campaign ends, a survey is sent out to gather all the information that would overwhelm the project page. For this campaign, that will include your full name, shipping address, size/s and finish/es.
Wholesale prices are offered to businesses that meet our stockist's requirements. The goal of this Kickstarter project was to launch Stiicks to an engaged audience. Wholesale prices are available for pre-orders as of right now. Immediately following this campaign's completion we will begin to fulfill those pre-orders.
Please email us to inquire about the requirements to carry Well Made's work.
Support this project
- (28 days)