"SCIENCE: Ruining Everything Since 1543" is a collection of new & old SMBC comics all about science and scientists. Read more
This project was successfully funded on February 22, 2013.
Using a complex system of quantum randomness, we determined the winning labs. They will get free copies of the book! Here they are. If your lab was selected, WOOHOO! If not, we'll probably do a few more of these if we get the numbers high enough. Thanks!
1. Columbia Basin Research, School of Fishery & Aquatic Sciences, University of Washington (Seattle) which works on providing statistical tools to biologists who are studying salmonids in the Columbia River Basin (and elsewhere) thanks to Richard Townsend.
2. The UF Astronomy Instrumentation lab which builds stuff for science thanks to Deno.
3. The Ethology Lab at Bradley University which works on interactions between fecal hormones and behavior thanks to Jeremy Kirkman
4. Hayden Lab, at the University of Rochester which works on the neural basis of choice thanks to Tommy Bianchard.
5. Astrophysics Research Laboratory at the University of Colorado, Boulder which works on rocket science thanks to Thomas Rogers.
6. MIT Lincoln Laboratory which works on designing imagers responsible for more than half of the photos of space on the internet thanks to Alex Divinsky.
7. Collective Dynamics and Control (CDCL) lab at the University of Maryland which works on collective behavior thanks to Joshua Brule.
8. DiLeone Lab at Yale University which works on the development of addiction and obesity thanks to David Grimaldi.
9. Vannberg Laboratory at the Georgia Institute of Technology which works on characterizing exosomes in immune function and dysfunction thanks to Michelle Su.
10. Wolfner Lab at Cornell University which works on seminal fluid proteins thanks to Jessica Sitnik.