Linux Beta is LIVE!
The long-awaited, much-anticipated Linux version of BATTLETECH is now available in Beta on Steam! When it goes live, the official Linux version will release on all supported distribution platforms. If you are a Steam Linux user interested in participating in our Linux Beta, you can opt-in to the "public_beta_linux" branch on Steam.
If you're interested, we've also published release notes along with our live Update 1.2.1 release on Win/Mac.
Please post Linux bugs in the Paradox BATTLETECH bug report forum.
Linux Known Issues
- When customizing the name of a ‘Mech or a Lance, the characters you type are doubled. So a W would appear as WW. Some menus may be extra light or extra dark depending on your system’s screen resolution.
- Some menus may be extra light or extra dark depending on your system’s screen resolution.
- Hyperlinks are not functional on SteamOS only.
- Logging into a Paradox account always ends in a failure on the first attempt on SteamOS only.
- Multiplayer on SteamOS has intermittent connection issues (better as host than joiner).
Refreshing the save game list can sometimes hang on the main menu. Restarting the game should fix the issue.
- Refreshing the save game list can sometimes hang on the main menu. Restarting the game should fix the issue
How are the Localized versions of the game coming?
We are still hard at work on the French, German, and Russian versions of the game and our translators have delivered a full first pass of all the text in the game. We still have a lot of testing, bug fixing, and adjustment ahead of us, but this is a big milestone!
If you weren’t aware, this thread is the place to find the latest news on the state of localization.
Thanks for your patience and your support!