BATTLETECH Update 1.1.0 is Live!
We’re happy to announce that we've just pushed BATTLETECH Update 1.1.0 on Steam and GOG!
This Update is all about giving you more ways to customize your experience, as well as reacting to common pieces of feedback that we've heard from you about the game. While we’re still working on the Tutorial Skip feature that’s been requested, many more things DID make it in beyond what we mentioned last month such as ultrawide monitor support and some additional quality-of-life improvements.
In Update 1.1.0 you’ll find improvements across all areas of BATTLETECH including new features & content, balance changes, UI and AI improvements, and a healthy dose of optimizations and general bug fixes.
Here are a few highlights:
- MechWarrior customization
- Granular difficulty settings
- Ironman Mode
- Ability to accelerate the current combat action with SPACEBAR
- Speed-Up mode to accelerate all combat actions
- Cancel combat actions and selections with right-click
- MechLab quality-of-life improvements
- Current inventory count in Store and Salvage
- Several new events and improvements to event generation
- Ultrawide monitor support
- A new, optional BATTLETECH Launcher with compatibility & troubleshooting settings and a crash reporter -
...And Much More!
The full list of updates and changes is WAY too long to share here (they came out to an 8-page google doc!), but you can read the full release notes here - be sure to update your game soon to check it all out!
The next items on our roadmap are Linux and localized versions of the game. We’re making good progress on Linux and hope to have more specifics to share soon. Unfortunately, we hit some unexpected setbacks on localization which means German, French, and Russian will take longer than we previously thought. We're actively working through it and bringing more people onto the effort, as it’s a top priority for the studio. We’ll update you on Linux and localized version release dates as soon as we have them.
Finally, in our last update, we shared the exciting news that Harebrained Schemes has become part of the Paradox Interactive family. Here's a message for all of you BATTLETECH Backers from our friends in Sweden!
You should now find a Steam key for Stellaris in your BackerKit account - thanks, PDX! - and if you don’t see it, please email us at http://harebrained-schemes.com/contact/.
Here are the directions to recover your account if you need them:
- Go to https://battletech.backerkit.com/
- Enter the email address you used to back the game into the "Kickstarter Email" box and click on "Get My Survey"
- When you get the email from BackerKit, follow the link inside to your account Click on "Get Your Digital Rewards"
- Copy and paste your key into your gaming library of the platform
If you have general BATTLETECH questions or thoughts, interest in finding ‘MechWarriors that want to play multiplayer, or modding, head over to the BATTLETECH forum where there’s a great community over that would love to welcome you!