BATTLETECH Rewards Update
Hey All! This is Brian, Ops Director here at Harebrained Schemes. I’ve taken on the task of manufacturing the Noble House Heraldry Sets and MechWarrior Flight Jackets but, before we get to that, here’s a quick update on how things are going with the game as well as a few other things of note.
- Game Development: Mike asked me to let you all know that game production continues on schedule - the engineering team is currently heads-down and focused on building out all the core systems that make combat possible - essentially taking the game from a rough, bare-bones prototype to a fully-fledged, scalable Combat Game. Meanwhile, the design team is making maps and thinking ahead to plan out a lot of the game’s campaign and mercenary career “simulation” aspects, and the art team is busy making lots of terrain features, animations, effects - I’ve even spied a few classic BattleTech vehicles starting to roll out of the art factory here...
- Novellas: Mike Stackpole has had consultations with all the Backers that will appear in the novellas and we’re hoping to be able to deliver the first in the series with Backers in the next couple months.
- Our next Dev Q&A will be on June 8 at 2pm PDT on Hyper RPG’s Twitch channel. If you can’t watch live, you can watch them any time if you subscribe to HyperRPG or check them out when they’re posted on the Hyper RPG Youtube channel. Q&As from March and April and May are available now so you can watch them.
- BattleTech Forum: There continues to be some great conversation about the game and with the Devs over in our Forum. Here’s a thread about Vehicles included in the game.
- Death From Above: Our mercenary team, led by the Lord Commander (our own Mitch Gitelman) continues to play on the battlefield with our custom 3D printed ’Mechs every Friday at 6pm PDT on Hyper RPG. You can read more in this Forum post about how the game intersects with BattleTech lore from Aristocra and catch up on previous episodes on Hyper RPG’s Youtube channel.
Now, on to the main topic of the post...
HERALDRY SETS & FLIGHT JACKETS
We’re really pleased with how all these items came out - everyone here at the office has been trying to swipe the pre-production samples, especially the hats and the jackets. It might be a bit warm when you get your jackets (here in the U.S. at least), but go ahead and show them off at GenCon and PAX West -- we’ll understand. :)
Manufacturing & Shipping
So you’re probably wondering: is everything is all done yet? Not quite, but it’s getting there! It’s been a busy 6 months finalizing our choice of manufacturing partners, working with designers to find the right colors, materials and measurements, and making arrangements for ocean shipping and fulfillment to your doorsteps! We expect manufacturing to finish at the end of May, after which a container ship needs to travel from China to the U.S., pass through customs, and then travel by truck to our fulfillment company in Texas. Assuming all that goes smoothly, packages should start going out the 2nd or 3rd week of July. With over 5500 packages to ship, it will take a few weeks to get them all out the door and when you get your package will largely be driven by where you are in the world.
Updating and Verifying Your Shipping Address
We know from experience that Backers may have moved since the Kickstarter ended and we don’t want to ship your rewards to whoever’s currently living in your old home -- they might want to keep your stuff!
If you know that your address has changed or you want to double check that it’s correct, you just need to go to your BackerKit account. (Go to https://battletech.backerkit.com, enter your Kickstarter email and - if you don’t already have a login- BackerKit will send you an email with a link directly to your account.) However, don’t panic if you know your address is going to change but you don’t know what it will be. Before we actually start shipping rewards, we’ll send one final urgent reminder to confirm your shipping address. If the address is correct, you won’t need to do anything, otherwise follow the directions to update that information ASAP.
For International Backers Only
As we noted during the Kickstarter: “International shipping cost may increase depending upon your specific location, with the difference to be collected closer to ship date.” Now that dimensions and weights of Heraldry Sets and Jackets are better known, we’re getting updated quotes from our fulfillment company. This will let us know the final shipping cost to international destinations and if what we collected during the Kickstarter was enough. Between now and the end of June, we will contact International Backers if we need to collect additional shipping fees to reach you. We’re still working out the logistics of how that will work: BackerKit or PayPal would be the most likely solutions and we’ll be in touch as soon as we have more information. Thanks for your patience on this.
“Show Us More Pictures Already!”
Visit the BattleTech Forums for EVEN MORE PICTURES, including individual pics of each Noble House set and high-res versions of the pictures shown here.