The BATTLETECH BackerKit Invitations are on their way!
We are excited to announce that we have transferred all Backer pledges to our pledge management tool, BackerKit. We know that we have a lot of Backers who have not used Kickstarter or BackerKit before so we’ve included a thorough set of instructions and FAQ items below.
How do I get my invitation?You should receive an email from BackerKit this week with a link to your account that includes all your Backer information in it. Due to the large number of Backers, it will take a few days for ALL the emails to go out. Please be patient. (And don’t forget to check your spam folder.)
- If you do not receive your BackerKit email by December 8, just go to this link, enter your Kickstarter (or Paypal) email address, and click on the "Get My Survey" button. You will be sent a new email with a link to your account.
- If you use your Facebook login for your Kickstarter account, the BackerKit survey will be sent to the email address you use for your Facebook account.
- If you have another email address that you would prefer to use, please contact BackerKit support at firstname.lastname@example.org and they'll get you sorted out.
Do I *Really* Need to Go to BackerKit?
Yes! All Backers must go to their BackerKit account to let us know the type of game key to deliver (Steam, GoG, or Humble).
This account is also where you will return for all your digital rewards (most importantly, your game key when the game releases) so when you’re done, we suggest you make a BackerKit login and password so you can easily return to your account at a later date.
In addition, if you backed at a reward level with physical rewards, this is where you'll tell us which Heraldry set you’d like, what size and color jacket you want, and what your shipping address is.
What If I Included Extra Funds for Add-Ons?
If you pledged extra funds for Add-Ons, you will find a credit in your BackerKit account. As you go through the survey process, you will choose your Add-On items.
Can I Upgrade My Pledge Level or Purchase Add-Ons?
Yes, you can upgrade your pledge level, purchase Add-Ons (and even send some extra support to the studio in the form of bagels!). If you upgrade or purchase Add-Ons, you will need to input payment information in BackerKit - but you will not be charged until we “Lockdown” accounts on January 15.
BackerKit Lockdown and Distribution of Digital Rewards
We will “Lockdown” all BackerKit accounts at 10pm PST on Friday, January 15th. When we hit the button to lockdown accounts, the following will happen:
- You will no longer be able to make changes or additions to your account (except to update/change your shipping address.)
- All outstanding balances will be charged
- Digital Add-Ons of Sourcebook PDFs and ‘Mech Blueprints will become available in your BackerKit account. You will need to return to your BATTLETECH BackerKit account, click the “Get Your Digital Rewards” button and download your rewards
For those of you at the Mercenary MechWarrior pledge level ($1000 or above), we’ll be in touch by email in the coming months for more information on your customized rewards. We’ll also make arrangements for you to connect with Michael Stackpole about your E-novel character and visit to HBS.
1. I didn’t get my BackerKit email invite. What do I do? The easiest thing to do is resend your invite to yourself! Just go here: https://battletech.backerkit.com, enter your Kickstarter (or Paypal) email address, and click on the "Get My Survey" button. You will be sent a new email with a link to your account.
2. I forgot my BackerKit password. How do I get it? Just go here: https:/battletech.backerkit.com, enter your Kickstarter (or Paypal) email address, and click on the "Get My Survey" button. You will be sent a new email with a link to your account.
3. I want to sign back into https://battletech.backerkit.com, but I don’t remember the email I used for my account. How do I get it? It should be your Kickstarter (or Paypal) account email. If that doesn’t work, please email email@example.com and they will help you.
4. I have a question about BackerKit that isn’t covered here. What do I do? Head over to https://www.backerkit.com/faq_backer, or email the team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. They’re happy to help!
5. Why do I have to use BackerKit again? The BackerKit folks are experts in streamlining the process of delivering crowd-funded rewards. Using their service allows our team to maintain focus on making a great game.
While our Community Team has been busy getting BackerKit all set up, the Dev Team has been driving hard on preproduction. We’ll be back with an update before the end of the year on what’s been keeping them busy. Now, go look for that BackerKit email and fill out your survey!
And when you're done with that, come hang out with us over at ComStar: The Global BattleTech Community Forum! The forums are a much easier and enjoyable place to communicate with your fellow MechWarriors than the Kickstarter Comments page (for sure). Join the community, share and enjoy fan works, and pledge your affiliation to your House!
PS: Our friends at Catalyst Gaming Labs recently announced the Beta Release of the first of a new line of sourcebooks for Alpha Strike - Combat Manual: Mercenaries. The limited-time Beta PDF sells for $5. While the deadline for feedback was originally December 10th, due to holidays and the excellent feedback received to date, it’s been extended to January 10th! When the final version is released at the standard price, Beta version owners will automatically receive a free upgrade.
BattleTech Combat Manual: Mercenaries contains information on the soldier-for-hire trade and their place in the Inner Sphere. This manual takes a look at some of the most renowned mercenaries of the 31st century circa 3025-3050, detailing their histories, tactics, unit crests, paint schemes, and notable personnel. The Alpha Strike expansion includes special rules for unique character abilities, faction-specific rules, force-building, and a mini Technical Readout—everything you need to field your favorite mercenary command on the tabletop or create your own.
Catalyst is also offering a few specially priced combo packs for the Alpha Strike Core Rulebook and Alpha Strike Companion PDFs. And for a limited time, all Lance Packs are now $14.99 instead of the standard $19.99. If you haven’t given Alpha Strike a try yet, you can download a free QSR PDF of the rules. You can find it all on DriveThruRPG or BattleCorps.