Wearsafe: Wearable Personal Safety
With the press of a wearable button, Wearsafe instantly alerts, informs and connects your most trusted network so they can send help when you need it. Being prepared allows you to safely embrace all of life’s adventures!
Safety for your [whole] life
Alerts sent to those you trust, and who can best decide how to help you.
When activated, an alert is instantly sent to the members of your selected network. It includes critical information like your location, speed of travel, streaming audio, and creates a private group chat so your friends and family can easily communicate with each other and share information.
Statistics show that in a distress event, even if your smartphone is taken away from you, it will typically be within 35 feet from you. The Wearsafe Tag has a range of up to 200 feet to ensure you're connected and able to send out an alert.
Discreet, Wearable Activators
Wearsafe Tag: For a variety of reasons, smartphone users are often faced with situations where their phone is out of reach or they might not want to reveal they are calling for help. A press of the discreet Wearsafe Tag sends an alert for you, from up to 200 feet away from your smartphone.
A silent vibration lets you know your request for help has been sent, and then again each time someone from your network opens the alert to respond.
You can wear the Wearsafe Tag in many different ways. With the included clip, fabric loop, and ring attachment, you can wear it on your belt, strap, lanyard, or however you prefer. It's versatile and works with your lifestyle, whatever adventure you choose today!
With the goal of designing something elegantly simple, we looked to nature and explored a combination of fast curves and dynamic, organic shapes as the foundation for a cohesive visual language for the Wearsafe Tag.
Over the course of a year, we collaborated with leading industrial design firms, including CleverEdge and Interwoven Design Group, a NY industrial design firm led by Rebeccah Pailes-Friedman, a 15 year veteran of product design and former Design Director for Fila, Champion and Nike. Rebeccah also happened to be the founding director of the Intelligent Materials Applied Research & Innovation (IMARI) Lab and Professor of Industrial Design at the Pratt Institute. (We knew we found the right person when Rebeccah initially couldn’t meet with us because she was giving lectures on wearable technology at the White House.)
The end result of a year and a half of design iteration eventually led us to a device that exceeded our expectations in both simplicity and functionality. After all, a device that will protect an irreplaceable asset needs to be both memorable and enviable.
Smartwatches and more: Wearsafe is a safety platform and we developed it to be future-proof. In addition to using the Wearsafe Tag as your activator, other wearables will work as well, including fitness trackers and smart watches. Shortly after launch, you will be able to use the Pebble smartwatch or the new Pebble Time watch to send an alert. In addition, compatibility with Garmin, the Apple Watch and Android Wear will be available in the very near future. Our goal is to make integrating Wearsafe into your life as easy as possible. The future of wearables is limitless, and we'll continue to work to ensure that Wearsafe will work with whatever wearable you choose.
Beyond Your Personal Safety
When a distress situation escalates to the point where first responders are needed, the patent-pending Wearsafe App will provide them with information that can exponentially aid their response. Your network of friends and family can provide 911 dispatchers with a unique alphanumeric code generated by your alert. By accessing a secure Wearsafe webpage through a mobile or desktop internet browser, 911 dispatchers and first responders can gain full access to the information generated by your alert, in real time.
Hear from Rich Staropoli, a Wearsafe advisor and retired Special Agent, U.S. Secret Service:
Simple to Subscribe, Activate and Use
Download the Wearsafe app from the Apple App Store on iTunes, subscribe to the monthly service, and pair an activator with your iPhone. There is no monthly service fee required for your network of friends and family; they can use the Wearsafe app to receive alerts and come to your aid, but we bet they will want to subscribe to Wearsafe so they can send life saving alerts as well. #10millionlives
At launch, the Wearsafe app will only be compatible with the iPhone 4S or newer. We are currently developing an Android version and it will be ready in the fall of 2015.
Wearsafe works all over the world, wherever your smartphone has either wi-fi access or cellular coverage.
Meet the Team
Wearsafe is a company founded on the idea that life can be safer.
Our co-founders, David Benoit and Phill Giancarlo:
We're on a mission to save ten million lives in ten years. To us, saving lives goes beyond those which would have been lost, but also those which might otherwise be irreparably altered by a bad experience. With your help, we can empower, connect and protect the people we love and help to keep each other safe.
*Wearsafe and the Wearsafe Tag are Patent Pending
We've been featured in numerous stories this year and appreciate everyone who has taken the time to meet with us and share information about our product.
- $10 - Thank You! - A personal thank you on Twitter and our website for supporting our mission of impacting 10 Million Lives. And we'll write your name on our supporter’s wall of fame in our office.
- $30 – Earliest Bird Special: LIMIT 100! – Get ONE Wearsafe Tag and your lifetime of Wearsafe service for FREE for one user!
- $40 - Early Bird Special: LIMIT 1000!! – Get ONE Wearsafe Tag and get a lifetime of Wearsafe service for FREE for one user!
- $65 - Get ONE Wearsafe Tag plus 1 year of free Wearsafe service for one user. After year one, a rate of $1.99 per month will be locked in. A savings from the normal rate of $4.99.
- $75 - Early Bird Special: LIMIT 500!! – Get TWO Wearsafe Tags and BOTH get a lifetime of Wearsafe service for FREE!
- $125 - Get TWO Wearsafe Tags, each with 1 year of free Wearsafe service. Plus, after year one, the rate of $1.99 per month will be locked in for each user. A savings from the normal rate of $4.99
- $150 - Early FAMILY Special: LIMIT 500!! – Get FOUR Wearsafe Tags and ALL get a lifetime Wearsafe service for FREE!
- $200 – Wearsafe Family - Get FOUR Wearsafe Tags, and service for four users free for the first year. After year one, all four users lock in a rate of $1.99 per month. A savings from the normal rate of $4.99 per month.
- $500 – Founding Supporter - You'll receive FIVE of the first Wearsafe Tags off the assembly line. Your Tags will be numbered and signed by founders Dave and Phill. Free lifetime service included for five users. You'll also receive TWO VIP tickets to the fall 2015 Wearsafe launch party in NYC.
- $600 - Group Special - Get 10 White and 10 Grey Wearsafe Tags to give out to members of your chosen organization. Plus one year of free Wearsafe service included for each user.
- $1000 - Platinum Supporter: LIMIT 25!! - You'll receive 10 of the first Wearsafe Tags off the assembly line. Your Tags will be numbered and signed by founders Dave and Phill. Free lifetime of Wearsafe service included for ten users. You'll also receive FOUR VIP tickets to the fall 2015 Wearsafe launch party in NYC.
For PR requests, please contact Michelle B. at : firstname.lastname@example.org 860.817.1418
Main Video by Antonio C. Esposito : email@example.com
Risks and challenges
The Wearsafe Tag is nearly complete. We've invested over three years making sure we're ready to bring on our first adopters. Due to the critical nature of this device, we've deliberately timed this campaign for when we are ready to start rolling units off the production line, but every project has some risk.
Supply Chain - We've been forming relationships and working with wonderful people throughout our supply chain for a long time now. However, that doesn't ensure that component or material delays can't happen. If an issue arises that will effect the ship date of your device, we'll let you know as soon as possible and do everything we can to solve the problem as quickly as possible.
Application Development - Like any good app, new developments are constantly being made to the Wearsafe app. The critical functions are locked in and tested, but things like user interface, screen design and ease of use are always being improved. As early adopters, we will welcome your feedback that will keep these improvements going.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (37 days)