Chronicles of Drunagor: Age of Darkness
Chronicles of Drunagor: Age of Darkness is a fully cooperative dungeon crawler for 1 to 5 players.
Chronicles of Drunagor: Age of Darkness
Chronicles of Drunagor: Age of Darkness is a fully cooperative dungeon crawler for 1 to 5 players.
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Thu, November 28 2019 4:00 PM UTC +00:00.
Chronicles of Drunagor - Age of Darkness is a fully cooperative and strategy board game of tactical combat in a dungeon crawl adventure for one to five players. CoD-AoD is based on multiple 3D scenarios, each of them played separately or in a continuous storyline. Each scenario has its own unique setup, darkness rules and different goals that will need to be achieved in order to obtain victory.
Designed by Daniel Alves and Eurico Cunha creators of "The Towers of Arkhanos" and two of the creators of "MASMORRA: Dungeons of Arcadia", the game features artwork by Marcelo Bastos and Eduardo Cavalcante creating a unique world.
*You have to send us at least 2 good pictures of your upper body. Our team will give you 3 story options to choose from alongside 3 sketches for your approval. After that our artist will finish the painting and send you a copy in high resolution for download. Also, your illustration will be in every copy of "Chronicles of Drunagor: Age of Darkness". **Future add ons referred above are from this kickstarter campaign only.
Please be aware that this is a Work In Progress Rulebook. It is not final. Rules may still be tweaked and changed, layout and graphics may still be altered. So, if you see anything in here that isn't the same later, understand that the project is still in development and all aspects are subject to improvements.
*This miniature it was free for all backers from AoD Hero Pledge and Expansions Bundle from the first 24hs.
What makes "Chronicles of Drunagor: Age of Darkness" different from other games?
We know that there's a lot of dungeon crawlers in the market, and here's what stands out in Age of Darkness and makes it UNIQUE:
- The plastic trays designed from GAME TRAYZ bring an immersive 3D scenario for the dungeon maps and exterior locations.
- The folding door system enhances the sense of exploration even more than games that use a book to tell you what to do, you literally open the door of a room. Some adventures have more than one door for the same room, just shuffle them and draw one, returning the rest to the box. This increases replayability a lot because dungeons will be assembled differently every time.
- The action cube system. Instead of only moving and attacking like most games, we created a simple and unique resource management action cubes system to enhance your experience.
- The darkness mechanics. Geometric tiles with different behaviors will hunt down the heroes to weaken them and empower the monsters.
- An old school role-playing visual aid and interaction system. Whenever you find something interested in the dungeon, instead of only reading from a book, the game will have more than 30 beautiful illustrations to show what you can see in the room and provide many different ways to interact with it. This is highly immersive and brings an improved level of replayability. Each time you play an adventure you can choose a different outcome.
- Powerful and Buff-up boss encounters. Every round you will draw a rune and add the Darkness to the dungeon. On top of that, all runes that were drawn will add up to a boss pool. Depending on the runes that were drawn during the adventure, the boss encounter will be different, more powerful. It's dangerous to linger on, because the longer you take, the harder it will be to defeat the boss in the end.
- AoD is has a high player interaction system. 95% of all skills can and must be used by other players in order to stay alive and beat the darkness.
- AoD has 2 types of attack damage, the D20 attacks, and the direct damage attacks for those who don't like to rely on the luck of the roll. Manage them wisely with your action cubes and no monster can stop you.
We have many stretch goals for this campaign, recruit your hero friends and together let's conquer them all:
We need your support to unlock all this: New unique Commander Monsters, New Corrupted Heroes (they can be played as Commander Monsters or as Heroes ... they were corrupted by Darkness, and now have a new Master, these are my favorites), New Races, New Classes like Druid, Bard and others, New Dungeon Roles, New Paths, new equipment cards, new interactions, new adventures, new doors, new familiars and much, much more!
So, share our project with your friends, together we can unlock them all and suppress the powers of Darkness.
Please note that anything marked with this:
is an exclusive item for Kickstarter backers (or from other crowdfunding platforms), with remaining stock available through conventions and special promotions only.
All Pledge levels will be available in English.
We will deliver Digital only versions (pdf files) of every content for Core Game and Expansions, as our Rulebooks, Adventure Books, Doors, Cards and Hero Boards in the following languages: Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, German and French.
Also if we achieve at least 300 backers in any other language we will translate and have a digital version of both books.
Considering the manufacturing restrictions and costs there are a minimum number of backers for each language, so we set the goal of 800 backers for any language we'll be able to produce a full version of the game in that language. So help us spread the word, invite your friends and engage them in this Adventure so we can achieve this number together!
Please note that these digital files are not yet available and will be provided somewhere between the end of the KS campaign and the delivery of the games.
- John Gets Games Tutorial:
- John Gets Games Extended Playthrough:
- Undead Viking:
- MvM Solo Play:
- Genus Solo - Brettspiele
Start by choosing to play a standalone ADVENTURE or the full CAMPAIGN mode which offers the compilation of all adventure stories and the ability to evolve your hero.
Then, choose your hero and class.
Choose one of the dungeon roles that combine with the path of your hero. Each path has up to three dungeon roles that your hero will perform during the adventure.
Grab your starting equipment cards and Action Cubes. Now you are ready to begin adventuring.
To explore the dungeon, literally, open a door (unfold) and see how to assemble the next room and read the text of what you find. Immerse yourself in a 3D scenario with beautifully illustrated maps.
With multiple doors of the same room, you have countless possibilities of dungeons adding an extra layer of replayability.
You need good resource management to perform your skill attacks, cast powerful spells or even teleport yourself out of harm, and for that, you will have to manage and spend Action Cubes.
When you spend all of your Action Cubes, you will have to perform a recall action to rest your capabilities. Resting in a dungeon comes with a cost as times passes and darkness and affect your hero's mind, you gain 2 Corruption Cubes that lock your skills. So, be careful ... if your hero gets enough Corruption Cubes, the darkness will take over and corrupt your hero to the shadow world.
In the Adventure Mode, whenever you kill a monster, in addition to the loot, the whole party benefits from it by gaining one of the following:
- Level UP one of your class abilities.
- Level UP one of your hero skills abilities, unlocking a new skill and gaining a new action cube of the chosen skill.
- Gain a morale bonus of your choice: focus, shield, heal or cleanse.
In adventures, heroes will explore dungeons, forests and all many other places and may interact with scenario elements. When you do that, it will be possible to unlock new discoveries such as great treasures, dangerous traps, and many other surprises.
All interaction locations have immersive art to show what the hero is seeing. Be careful because some of them may have consequences through the adventure or even your whole campaign.
The final activation of the round is the Darkness, geometric tiles are drawn from the rune bag and added to the map.
Darkness is present in all the adventures, usually chasing the heroes and trying to corrupt them. In some adventures, the Darkness has different effects, but it is always the heroes' worst enemy. So fight and run as fast as you can because the Darkness is ready to consume you.
The European Union, USA, Canada, China, Australia, and Brazil will be “Shipping Friendly”. Backers from these countries will not pay import taxes.
The following is a list of best estimates for shipping "Age of Darkness Hero Pledge" and all stretch goals in 2021 based on the game boxes weighing 20lbs
- USA + CANADA = U$27 - U$32
- EUROPE (including UK) = U$28 - U$33
- Norway, Switzerland and Non-EU Countries = U$77 - U$89
- AUSTRALIA= U$39 - U$44
- NEW ZEALAND= U$66 - U$72
- CHINA & HK = U$25 - U$29
- REST OF ASIA = U$49 - U$55
- BRAZIL = U$70 - U$75 (retirado em Juiz de Fora, Minas Gerais)***
- ROW (Rest of the World) = U$105 - U$135
DISCLAIMER NOTICE: This shipping cost was developed by our experienced fulfillment partner for our shipping that will occur at the beginning of 2021 and is based on actual economic scenario, but prices may (or may not) vary on a yearly basis and new import tariffs can be adopted by some countries, like USA and UK (BREXIT) which may impact the final shipping costs.
***FRETE BRASIL: Dúvidas sobre frete local enviem email para firstname.lastname@example.org
RETAILERS: Please fill THIS form and make the U$2.00 Retailer Pledge to access our Special Retailers exclusive access on our CrowdOx PledgeManager.
Chronicles of Drunagor is created by collectors passionate about board games, with more than 30 years of experience in different types of games and 20 years in commercial activities. The goal of Creative Games Studio is to create games that are fun, creative and with great gameplay, so we pay attention in every detail to reflect the differences and originality of each project.
This is our second Kickstarter campaign, the first one was "THE TOWERS OF ARKHANOS", and it has been successfully fulfilled earlier than expected to every backer worldwide.
CGS - Creative Games Studio it's a proudly independent publisher, so by helping this project you are giving support to transform personal dreams into reality.
Meet our founders on our website to learn detailed information about our team: www.wearecgs.com
Become a fan on BGG.
DISCLAIMER: Please be aware that the game presented in this campaign it is not final. Rules may still be tweaked and changed, layout and graphics may still be altered. So, if you see anything in here that isn't the same later, understand that during the Kickstarter the project is still in development and all aspects are subject to improvements.
By pledging to this project, you acknowledge that the final look, components, and content of the rewards (and the project) are subject to change and may differ substantially from what is presented in this Kickstarter project page. This is not a pre-order. You also acknowledge that throughout this campaign page there are some pictures of the actual product. These are mere prototypes. None of them represent the rewards of this campaign.
After 30 days from the delivery date to your door, we will not accept complaints related to the game box contents (missing components, damaged components, etc.).
After 6 months from the shipment date, we will not accept complaints related to the shipment of items (damaged package, lost or missing contents, etc.).
After 12 months from the shipment date, we will not accept any complaints related to this campaign. Our customer service will be available for questions, replacement of parts and other standard practices.
An order can be canceled and fully refunded before the end of the campaign by clicking on the applicable button on Kickstarter.
Regarding the payments made through Kickstarter:
• You can get a full refund without any conditions within 14 days after the end of the Kickstarter campaign.
• You can get 80% refund without any conditions from the 15th day after the end of the Kickstarter campaign to the day of the Production starts. This date will be announced in a Kickstarter update.
Regarding payments made through the Pledge Manager:
• You can get a full refund without any conditions within 14 days after the payment, not 14 days after the Pledge Manager closes.
• You can get a 80% refund without any conditions from the 15th day after the payment to the day of the Production starts. This date will be announced in a Kickstarter update.
The refunds are made by default in USD through Kickstarter and the Pledge Manager. Transaction fees may be applied by the transaction operator (normally Stripe). If the refund through Kickstarter or the Pledge Manager is not possible (for instance if the debit/credit card expired, or because of the use of a virtual card, or for any other reason), the refund will be made with a bank wire. Additional bank fees may apply depending on the bank and the country.
It’s ultimately your responsibility to respond to our post-campaign survey to claim your rewards and to give us information about your shipping address and add-on choices. If you ignore our last call email for more than 4 weeks we will consider your pledge a donation and we won’t be able to ship you a reward.
If the game fails to arrive because of your mistake (wrong address, recipient absent, failure to pick up at courier/postal warehouse, etc.), any additional shipping/warehousing cost for us to re-send/re-deliver your game will be your responsibility. This also includes the costs associated with returning the game. If after investigation it becomes clear that the error was on our part, we will resend your package at our expense.
If the package is lost, destroyed or damaged, the carrier will be held solely responsible. Any customer claim to the carrier needs to be made at the time of delivery, not later. If the package seems damaged, please ask the postal carrier to make you a receipt "accepted with reserve".
Please note that we will not reship any game without first investigating what happened to the first shipment.
If your game arrives with missing or damaged components, provide us with proof and we will substitute them once we have verified the damage.
If you live outside of the countries specified as "friendly", customs taxes may be added. Please check your country's rules and regulations as this aspect will not be our responsibility.
We regret we are unable to ship to PO Boxes, and to the following countries: Cuba, Iran, Burma (Myanmar), Sudan, North Korea, and Syria. We can add more countries to this list at a later date.
Risks and challenges
Creative Games Studio - CGS is the company that successfully founded "The Towers of Arkhanos" Kickstarter project. And we have successfully delivered the game to all backers earlier then expected.
Age of Darkness is almost complete (Artworks, Design, Sculpts, Components). The only time to be spent on the game after the Campaign ends is finishing some Missions and elements unlocked on Kickstarter.
We will manufacture the games with a specialized Chinese factory who's made dozens of other board games with no delays. Though we have tried to get all bases covered, there's no guarantee everything will run smoothly. So the delivery date is an estimate, but we are very confident there will be no delays.