"Weird-ass Apple Watch mount makes a good argument: Imaginatively named 'it' is an Apple Watch mount that might make the wearable easier to see and use."
–Evan Killham, Cult of Mac (read here)
"an Apple Watch strap unlike anything I've seen before" –Bryan Chaffin, The Mac Observer
Wear it Differently
Everyone we’ve shown this to in person loves it and says it solves many problems of using an Apple Watch.
What is it?
There's no sense in placing a computer on your wrist in the same place you put a timepiece. Prolonged interactions become discomforting or even painful. The solution is not to limit interactions to a few seconds. Our solution is simple, and our product is called simply, it.
Enjoy the full advantage of your smartwatch's capabilities by wearing it differently.
When you wear it differently, your smartwatch becomes:
- more useful
- more comfortable
- in the same line of sight with your phone screen
- visible out of your sleeve
- fashion forward
- useable for more than a few seconds at a time
- Prototypes available now for public beta testers
- Sleek, metallic commercial release version slated for August
- Patent pending
it is time to move the watch.
it hovers around your wrist: the adaptor pieces hardly make contact with your skin
See video #1 (click here) "A computer on your wrist, without the twist"
See video #2 (click here) "The radius is radiant"
Your body was made for it.
While the Apple Watch is a bestselling device, the "killer app" has yet to be created. The Apple Watch hasn't yet compelled the average iPhone user to adopt it. We believe the "killer app" isn't an app.
The killer app is your arm.
A truly smart watch enhances your productivity: you shouldn't have to choose between using your phone and your smartwatch.
See video #3 (click here) "The best of both worlds"
Unlike traditional watch bands, where you can't see your phone and watch face at the same time:
When you wear it differently, you can comfortably use both devices together, with each handling the tasks best suited to it (big beautiful phone display for uninterrupted video, browsing and gaming; compact watch display for notifications* and Siri)
Wear your heart out of your sleeve. No more awkward hiking up of your sleeve. Your watch face is right there with you.
See video #4 (click here) "Wear your heart out of your sleeve"
Divert your sight minimally from the road for turn by turn GPS with your watch face in your natural line of sight when you hold the steering wheel.
FASHION FORWARD: Put your best watch face forward.
When you wear it differently, your watch is visible where it counts: in front of you, where all fashion is directed (not hidden by your side or under your sleeve).
And boy have we patented it!
- Our first product, called it , a set of two adaptor pieces, will first be available only for Apple Watch through Apple's "Made for Apple Watch" program.
- Both prototypes and commercial release products are fully compatible with existing Apple Watch faces and bands and are available in either 38mm or 42mm configurations for either left or right wrists.
- Plastic prototypes of it are available immediately for beta testing – these are bulkier than than the commerical release product.
- Prototypes are designed for in-home testing only, not for normal use, and wear out after 1-3 weeks of in-home use
- Sleek, metallic Made for Apple Watch commercial release of it mid-2016
- Future products include adaptor pieces and bands for other smartwatches as well as other wristworn personal electronic devices, including full bands with and without integrated electronics.
Risks and challenges
Boy have we patented it! Patent pending. Funding will help us continue to navigate the patent process and further protect our intellectual property – an idea so elegant may tempt unethical entities to try to steal our invention. Please help protect innovation. Our patent covers any wearable electronic device or any product made for wearable electronic devices that positions the device over the lateral radial surface of the wrist and/or over the anatomical snuffbox.
Finding the perfect materials to support the a design with a minimal footprint, maximal reliability and durability will require funding as we perfect the final commercial release product, "it."
Legal fees for intellectual property and licensing may become considerable as we move forward.
Mimicking the latching mechanism from the watch face onto our band slot can be costly to produce.
Refining our outreach and communication: thus far, we have been a small operation with minimal staff. As we share our innovations ever more broadly, that will require better and broader communications.
Distribution and production: as we move beyond the prototype stage into the commercial release, our production and distribution costs will accelerate. This campaign will fund our ramp up in production and distribution.
*Pop-up notifications on the watch while using the iPhone will require a software update from Apple, which we will doggedly pursue. In the meantime, we can still multitask with our phones by leaving open the watch apps we want updates from.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)