Watch the above video representing the finest minds in virtual and augmented reality. Wearality’s board of advisers and VR industry leaders speak out on the promise of the Wearality Sky™.
The next level of virtual reality (VR) wearable technology is here. We took a different approach - the lenses and the optics are the key to unlocking the ability to really experience what immersive 3D worlds are meant to be. Wearality wants to provide the tools to unleash this revolution of creative talent and ability - to launch a new medium.
The combination of a pioneering team of VR experts and the largest defense contractor in the world has built the most impressive VR optics for headsets in the world with an astonishing field of view of 150 degrees, giving you a new way to look at the world - one that is truly limitless.
The Technology Behind the Product
We have shied away from using the standard spherical magnifying lenses you see in other VR HMDs. These lenses have the benefit of being exceptionally cheap, but at the cost of clarity and field of view.
So what have we done differently?
We have developed a set of double Fresnel lenses that fundamentally change how you see your screen. Because the lenses calibrate your view such that you can only see half of the screen through each eye, the need of a central divider has been removed. It also means you cannot see past the edges of the screen, thus an outer housing would only be needed for preventing light bleed.
Why did we leave out the enclosure?
As stated, the enclosure's real purpose is preventing light bleed. Our enclosure is actually comprised of a hat, and two optional blinders which block light from the top and sides respectively.Our enclosure free device: 1) Provides maximum portability. No other VR system is collapse-able. 2) Reduces simulation sickness by giving a fixed point of reference. 3) Allows for physical interaction with the screen
The Wearality SKY is differentiated in three primary dimensions: experience, portability and accessibility
- Widest field of view (FOV) head wearable display today (FOV 150 degrees vs. 90-100 degrees).
- Crystal clear and in focus everywhere with little or no color distortion.
- State-of-the-art, patented, double Fresnel lens technology designed by Lockheed Martin for the defense and aerospace industry.
- Open design and increased FOV reduces or eliminates “simulation sickness” and eyestrain experienced by users of other systems.
This was filmed on an LG G3 smartphone with shaky hands and all. You are looking through the Wearality Sky lenses at a Nexus 6. We scanned a special Cardboard QR code to disable distortions and increase FOV. No barrel distortion. No chromatic aberration correction. Just raw lens power!!! Watch the whole video here
The Wearality Sky FOV
Experience The Wearality Sky
*Images are simulated. Experiences may vary.
- A foldable device that easily fits in your pocket.
- Works with most 5” or 6” phones including Samsung Galaxy S5, S6, Note®, iPhone 6+®, and Nexus 6®. No PC required– truly mobile.
- The lightest head wearable display designed to fit onto a flat brimmed ball cap for hands-free operation.
- Largest exit pupil of any head wearable display, meaning it does not have to be adjusted or modified to accommodate differences in biometrics or use of glasses.
- Open, lightweight, stylish and universal design that encourages public use and sharing of VR experience.
- Works with Cardboard®, Unity®, Unreal® and Unigine® development tools and the apps developed with these platforms.
- Can play 2D/3D movie with extraordinary FOV experience, better than any movie theater experience.
Join us in our journey to bring the best in VR wearable technology to market! Your support of the Wearality SKY™ will not only help us take our product to the public, but you’ll also get to be a part of the next big thing in VR. We would like to thank all our sponsors:
Autodesk helps people imagine, design, and create a better world.
eleVR - www.elevr.com
A virtual reality research group dedicated to figuring out how to make awesome virtual reality media while sharing our results along the way.
Immersive Worlds - http://immersiveworlds.com
ImmersiveWorlds is an interactive virtual reality development platform that offers unique new ways to discover, share, collaborate and conduct commerce.
WEVR - www.wevr.com
WEVR is a virtual reality community and VR media player for aspiring and professional creatives.
Cherry Pie Games - www.cherrypiegames.com
Indie game studio from Orlando Florida working non-stop with friends in Leap Motion, Epic Games, Oculus VR, Wearality and UCF's SVAD to up their game and bring new experiences to audiences of all ages and technical skills.
otherworld - http://www.otherworldinteractive.com
We build the most transcendent virtual worlds for the entertainment, games, music and advertising industries.
ReelFX - www.reelfx.com
Creators of high quality 3D VR content for the entertainment and commercial industries.
3DICC - www.3dicc.com
3D ICC's Immersive Terf™ platform is part Collaboration, Part 3D Gaming.... All business!
GeoSim - http://www.geosimcities.com
Geosim's groundbreaking geospatial technology encodes and visualizes entire cities with high precision, unmatched visual fidelity and smooth, continuous navigation.
Want to know more about what we’re doing and where we’re going with Wearality? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://wearality.com for more information.
Risks and challenges
As with any technology company, we've seen our share of challenges. Before starting Wearality, we spent five years at Lockheed Martin overcoming technical and institutional challenges to improve our lens technology. We've worked closely with our manufacturers to ensure we have the bandwidth and parts necessary for production of the Wearality SKY™.
We have a dedicated team who have diligently worked to test our product and aid in the compatibility with 5" and 6" phones. We are available to all our supporters to help with our product should any issues or problems occur.
The Wearality SKY offers a truly immersive experience utilizing powerful, precision, optics. Therefore, when using please:
1. Do not look directly into the Sun (good advice at any time).
2. Do not leave exposed to direct sunlight (like any magnifying lens this can cause a fire).
3. Use only in a safe environment that is clear of people and obstacles.
4. During usage, be aware of your surroundings; do not leave children/stove/etc unsupervised.
5. Not for use by children under the age of 13 without supervision.
6. Take frequent breaks, even if you don't think you need one.
7. If you experience discomfort, stop using device immediately.
8. Do not drive or engage in other high-consequence activities until you have fully recovered from any symptoms you may have experienced.
9. See a doctor if you have serious or persistent symptoms.
We will replace your product if defective or damaged upon arrival.
- (30 days)