The Best of WDW - Volume 1
Now that the campaign is over
The Kickstarter Program has closed, but you can still follow us on our Facebook page or on our Home Page. Sales will begin again on August 24.
In the meantime you can see more of the great work of the Photography Team at WDW Magazine.
The Best of WDW - Volume 1
The Photography Team of WDW Magazine is working on a magical, large coffee table book that takes you on a pictorial tour of Walt Disney World.
The Best of WDW - Volume 1 will be a stunning, high-resolution photography book you and your guests will be thumbing through for years to come.
But we can't complete this amazing book without your help.
"I don't have a coffee table, but I might go out and buy one to put this book on it." - Joe Black, Orlando by Joe
About Volume 1 - The Theme Parks
The Best of WDW - Volume 1 is all about the 4 theme parks at Walt Disney World. In Volume 1 we take a pictorial tour of the Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney's Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.
Our pictorial tour goes through each section of the park, pausing at all the attractions to show some of that special Disney Magic.
Volume 1 is the perfect size for a photography book. It's 10 inches tall and 12 inches wide which allows us to highlight some incredible pictures.
It all starts with the cover. The paperback cover of The Best of WDW - Volume 1 has a beautiful picture of Cinderella Castle that we've sculpted to give it a 3-D look and feel.
Inside the book you'll find...
- 120 pages full of incredible pictures of Walt Disney World
- An amazing paperback cover
- Over 250 photos from the theme parks
- Great quotes from Walt Disney and others
Every page is crafted to tell the story of incredible theme parks.
The Photography Team
We thought you might like to meet the team that's contributing to The Best of WDW - Volume 1. Let's start with the Photographers. You can click on their names to see more of their work.
- Michael Billick - a graphic designer with an obsession for all things Disney which came from many trips to Walt Disney World with his family over the years
- Matthew Cooper - living in Georgia gives Matthew the opportunity to visit WDW often and indulge two loves, Disney and Photography
- Judd Helms - a special events and lighting designer who loves to be at Walt Disney World whenever possible
- Andy Sanchez - longtime Disney enthusiast, former Disney Cast Member and amateur photographer
- Laurie Sapp - wife, mother, Disney fan and photo hobbyist from Tallahassee, Florida
- Brett Svenson - a photographer with a family of Disney Fanatics here to spread the Magic and share the Memories
- Cliff Wang - a Disney fanatic who just happens to love photography, a match made in heaven
These photographers make up the core of the Photography Team at WDW Magazine. They are some of the best Walt Disney World photographers in the world.
Along with the Photographers we have 3 other major contributors.
- Kimberly Massimore - Kim is our writer. She writes extensively for WDW Magazine. Kim is a Walt Disney World College Program Alumni and loves everything Disney.
- Stephanie Shuster - Stephanie is our designer at WDW Magazine. She does all of our layouts and put together the awesome layout of this book.
- Carl Trent - Carl is the coordinator of The Best of WDW - Volume 1. Carl is the publisher of WDW Magazine and also Dad from Dad's Guide to WDW.
Here's the plan for production of The Best of WDW - Volume 1. Currently about 70% of the book is ready to go. Our photographers are in working on some last minute pictures to complete the tour.
They layouts are starting to come together. By the early July we should have them wrapped up.
Here is our current working timeline to finish the project.
- From now until July 5 - take last minute pictures and finish the layouts
- July 5-10 - proof reading
- July 11 - send the layouts to the printer
- August 10 - shipping starts
We hope to have the Kickstarter orders delivered by the end of August.
What's in it for me?
You might be asking why should I support The Best of WDW - Volume 1 on Kickstarter? That's a good question. Here's why.
First, we need your help. If this campaign is not successful then this beautiful book will not be printed and that would be a real shame.
There are some real benefits to supporting this campaign. These are all exclusive to the Kickstarter campaign.
- You will be the first on your block to have cool piece of art on your own coffee table.
- Free shipping for those in the US and Canada and discounted shipping to the rest of the countries we are shipping to. (Shipping and handling in the US and Canada will be at least $5.00 when we start selling the books in August.)
- A discount off the normal price of $34.95.
- We are working on some extra goodies that will come with your copy of The Best of WDW - Volume 1.
This is where the fun begins. Now that we've made our $25,000 goal, let's add some "Stretch Goals". "Stretch Goals" are extra goals with some nice goodies attached.
Stretch Goal 1 - $50,000
Our first stretch goal is a special page of Wallpaper pictures for desktops and devices. We'll add new pictures each month and even include installation instructions.
We have lots of great pictures to share and it will be fun setting these up.
Stretch Goal #2 - $75,000
This one is good. If we reach $75,000 in pledges everyone at the Value level or above will receive a Cinderella Castle poster along with their rewards. Talk about amazing.
I don't know about you, but I'm starting to clear some wall space.
Stretch Goal #3 - $100,000
This is the big one, but we're going to keep this one secret until we reach goal #2.
About WDW Magazine
At WDW Magazine we love Walt Disney World. We think it's an magical place where lifelong memories are created.
Each month we bring you the Best of Walt Disney World. Our issues average 120 pages and are full of great articles, videos and amazing pictures.
WDW Magazine Wall Calendar
In September 2014, we published the 2015 WDW Magazine Wall Calendar. It was a huge success. We learned a whole lot of lessons about publishing, printing, proof reading and shipping as we rolled out the calendar. We'll be applying those lessons to The Best of WDW - Volume 1.
This year we are going to produce another calendar. It's going to be bigger and better than last years version. You can get a copy if you support a Moderate, Deluxe, Art Lover or VIP Experience reward.
On December 15, 2015, WDW Magazine is throwing a big party at Epcot and we want you to join us. Many of the regular contributors to WDW Magazine will be there along with most of the Photography Team.
We will have a book signing party in the afternoon, dinner and an exclusive Epcot Fireworks Dessert Party in the evening.
If you choose the VIP Experience, you'll get a prime table at dinner and access to the Epcot Fireworks Dessert Party. Access to the Dessert Party will only be offered through this Kickstarter campaign.
Some of you may not be familiar with Kickstarter so let's take a minute to talk about how this works.
Kickstarter is a "crowdfunding" platform. It works by bringing together crowds of people help developers fund the completion of their project. Funds aren't exchanged until the end of the campaign has been reached and only if the pledge goal is reached.
Here's how it would work for you.
You make a pledge to support a campaign. You will receive a confirmation and be added to the pledge list. When the campaign ends, if the pledge goal is met, your card will be charged for the amount pledged.
A week or so after the campaign is over, you will receive a survey that asks for details about shipping and other information that is needed to get your rewards to you. Be sure to be very careful when you fill out this survey so we can get your pledge to you.
When the printing is done we will ship your reward out to the address on the survey.
And yes, you can make multiple pledges and pledge more that the suggested amount.
We need your help
We are really excited about The Best of WDW - Volume 1, but we can't finish the project without some help from you. The printing of the book is going to cost almost $50,000.
We need your help so we can put together the funds to print this incredible book. Quite frankly, if we don't reach our funding goal, The Best of WDW - Volume 1 won't be printed.
You can help us by pledging what you can and by telling your Disney friends about our project and asking them to help.
Thank you very much for your support!
Risks and challenges
We expect everything to progress along the timeline we've laid out, but there are always challenges that crop up. There is a small chance that production could take longer than we anticipate and shipping dates could slip a couple of weeks.
We will keep you updated of progress through updates here on Kickstarter and through our Facebook page - The Best of WDW.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (29 days)