About this project
Last Call Notes: Campaign Ends Tue, March 28 2017 9:30 PM EDT
- This deluxe, oversized 12"X17" full color hardcover will not be reprinted
- Save by pre-ordering via this campaign
- After campaign rewards are fulfilled, any remaining books will be sold at prices that are 25-50% higher than this pre-order opportunity
- This book will not be sold in brick and mortar stores or online via Amazon.com or other online retailers. It can only be purchased directly via the publisher
- This is an independent publication so more of your much-needed support is going to the creators instead of a massive corporation
- A great gift idea for yourself or for a loved one!
Independent producer/publisher WAYNE ALAN HAROLD and acclaimed artist P. CRAIG RUSSELL are pleased to announce the publication of their brand new title . . . and it's one big cat!
Now we're back with the first in a NEW SERIES of oversized, 12"X17" hardcover art books—showcasing some of PCR's most classic comic art in a stunning format. It's the next best thing to owning the original pages!
Each page in an "Artist's Edition"-type publication is printed close to the same size as the original art board and is scanned from the original art wherever possible. Additionally, while appearing to be in black and white, each page is both scanned and printed in color to show blue pencil and other corrections. These books are highly sought after by comic art aficionados and lovers of beautiful art!
Our line of books in this format will be known as "Fine Art Editions." And the very first in the series will be . . .
P. Craig Russell's Jungle Book & Other Stories!
P. Craig Russell's Jungle Book & Other Stories Fine Art Edition will contain the following COMPLETE stories with all pages scanned from the original art:
- Jungle Book: The King's Ankus (27 pages)
- Jungle Book: Red Dog (32 pages)
- Jungle Book: Spring Running (25 pages)
- Siegfried and the Dragon (9 pages)
- Between Two Worlds (3 pages)
- La Sonnambula and the City of Sleep (10 pages)
- Dance on the Razor's Edge (8 pages)
- Heldentraum (6 pages)
- Drinking Song (3 pages)
- PLUS: Jungle Book covers and other behind-the-scenes material!
Final page count is TBD, but we estimate that it will contain approximately 136-144 pages.
P. Craig Russell's Jungle Book & Other Stories Fine Art Edition can be pledged for in three different incarnations:
- Standard Edition hardcover
- Signature Edition hardcover: Limited to only 100 copies, all personally signed & numbered by the artist.
- Sketch Edition hardcover: Limited to only 50 copies, all personally signed & numbered by the artist. This version comes with an ORIGINAL JUNGLE-BOOK THEMED SKETCH—rendered in pen and ink in the book itself by P. Craig Russell!
Samples From The Book
More Reward Samples
More About The Artist
A graduate of the University of Cincinnati with a degree in painting, P. Craig Russell has run the gamut in comics. After establishing a name for himself at Marvel on Killraven and Dr. Strange, he went on to become one of the pioneers in opening new vistas for this underestimated field with, among other works, adaptations of operas by Mozart (THE MAGIC FLUTE), Strauss (SALOME) and Wagner (THE RING OF THE NIBELUNG).
Craig has completed five volumes of comic-book adaptations of the FAIRY TALES OF OSCAR WILDE and has beautifully brought to life characters as diverse as Batman, Conan, Hellboy, The Spirit, Death and The Sandman.
His more recent work includes comic book adaptations of Neil Gaiman’s CORALINE and THE GRAVEYARD BOOK, and he is currently the creative force behind Dark Horse Comics' epic, 27-issue comics adaptation of Gaiman's AMERICAN GODS.
Risks and challenges
As always, the main concern that we have is the high price of shipping our books to our foreign friends and pledge partners. Safely shipping a very large, very heavy book is very expensive—and unfortunately, there isn't much that we can do about the high cost.
We do appreciate our foreign backers' support and we hope that you will find our publications to be worth the additional cost.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (15 days)