We really wish we could sell WaveWreckers at a price where everyone in the world could afford one. But unfortunately there are several reasons the price is what it is.
1) We only use the absolute best materials that will be super comfortable and really hold up over time. Yamamoto neoprene is only used in very high quality, high cost wetsuits. That's what WaveWreckers are made from. There is a huge difference between Yamamoto and cheaper neoprene.
2) The Tooling for these parts (Fins & Rails) was unbelievably expensive and each part (Fins & Rails) requires a unique formulation to get the density of the different fins to be just right.
3) Special sewing techniques had to be developed to apply the fins to the suit and it requires that both factories re-set and re-tool every time a batch of WaveWrecker suits is made. That costs money.
4) We currently are only making small quantities of these suits (in the hundreds of suits as of 2-19-2016). We need to go to the factories with much bigger numbers to be able to negotiate lower prices. Without bigger numbers, the factories will not lower their prices. We need people to buy these suits now to bring economy of scale into the picture so we can deliver WaveWreckers at a lower price.
5) Top wetsuit manufacturers sell their top of the line wetsuits for the same cost of our suit ($399). None of their suits can do anything close to what our suit does...and at the same cost? Clearly ours is a far better value.
Please help us get this product into the market so we can make it more accessible and more affordable. Once we have the numbers and are able to negotiate a lower price from our suppliers we absolutely will do everything we can to pass the savings on to the consumer. We are a small company with HUGE plans. We're not a corporate giant who increases prices to increase their profits. We don't have that Philosophy at all. Quite the contrary, as soon as we can, we will negotiate with the factories, lower the cost to us and pass that directly onto the consumer.